Let's Go Blues :: Confirmed: MacInnis in HHOF!!!!
Let's Go Blues
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/

Confirmed: MacInnis in HHOF!!!!
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22232
Page 4 of 4

Author:  Jack T Adams [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:29 pm ]
Post subject: 

cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?

Author:  ksbluesfan [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:41 pm ]
Post subject: 

Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.

Author:  ViPeRx007 [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:51 pm ]
Post subject: 

ksbluesfan wrote:
Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:

Author:  ksbluesfan [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

ViPeRx007 wrote:
ksbluesfan wrote:
Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


After all of this talk about character during the draft and people claiming you are what you are?

No way!

:roll: :wink:


The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.

Author:  WestCoastWingsFan [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 3:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?


I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.

Author:  WestCoastWingsFan [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:03 pm ]
Post subject: 

ksbluesfan wrote:
The former management teams for the Blues didn't emphasize character. Good thing, eh? If they did, we never would have had Gilmour, Hull, Shanahan, MacInnis, the Plagers, Gassoff, etc.


I've said it before, I'll say it again: Character doesn't win Cups. If you pass on quality players bc you don't like their personailties, it'll come back to bite you in the ass.

In all fairness to Shanny, he's not really a character concern. The only thing he's ever done was bang Janney's wife, so that's an isolated incident. And that happened after he joined the Blues, so they couldn't take it into account when they brought him to the club.

Author:  WestCoastWingsFan [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:06 pm ]
Post subject: 

ksbluesfan wrote:
Last October, I talked to a guy from Calgary about MacInnis. He painted a very different picture of Al than the one we know. According to this guy, Al was well known for starting fights at bars and getting hammered after the games. He started to tell me a story about an incident between his mom and Al, but we got distracted.


Wow!!!!!! Al sounds like..... A CANADIAN!!!!! I'm shocked!!!!! :lol:

Just puttin' on da foil, coach!!!! :lol:

Author:  Jack T Adams [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:09 pm ]
Post subject: 

WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
Jack T Adams wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
During the '04 playoffs I met a bitter Flames fan who actually said Mac wouldn't get into the Hall bc of his drunk driving arrest. :roll:


:lol:


When did he get a DUI?


I'm guessing when he was in Calgary. He had a reputation for being a bit of a liquored up meathead when he was there. I guess he cleaned up his act a little after he went to St. Louis.


Yeah, he seemed very family-orientated in St. Louis. The last guy I would picture getting liquored up.

Author:  illownyou [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

I too knew a Canadien who had grown up with Al in Nova Scotia and was still friends with him at the time I knew him.

He painted quite an interesting picture of Al as well...but out of respect for MacInnis, I'll leave out the details.

Author:  cprice12 [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:58 pm ]
Post subject: 

[img:500:408]http://www.letsgoblues.com/images/hosted/mac_med.jpg[/img]

Author:  goon attack [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

getting liquored up is no crime.

And so what if he used to get loaded and start fights at bars? That just makes me respect him even more.

AL rules.

Author:  the knob [ Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:36 pm ]
Post subject: 

cprice12 wrote:
Iafrate's career would have been so much better had he not had chronic knee problems.


And better hair.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/