It is currently Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:07 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Hall Of Fame

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:07 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
Burke probably has a boner for Weight after his performance against the Canucks a few years back.

Which ironically was probably the only time Weight has really lived up to (and surpassed) his expectations.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:21 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:21 am
Posts: 361
kodos wrote:
Burke probably has a boner for Weight after his performance against the Canucks a few years back.

Which ironically was probably the only time Weight has really lived up to (and surpassed) his expectations.


You know I don't care what it is with Burke, all I do know is that the Blues got younger, faster and stronger for a player that will not be with the team anyway.

I appreciated Weight here a great deal and his work with CC yoot hockey. That is incredible and the best thing is that he will retire in a couple of years and will continue to live and help the kids in STL.

Professionally, he has to understand that this boils down to a business decision and he has helped the Blues get better once again.

I wouldn't be surprised that teh Dug Waitz will be involved with the managerial part of the Blues very soon.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:27 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
I don't know. He sounded kinda pissed.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:48 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Posts: 14777
Location: Windermere, FL
kodos wrote:
I don't know. He sounded kinda pissed.


Yeah, he did. Really pissed, actually. I'm hoping it was more a shocked, "Wow, they're actually serious," kind of knee-jerk reaction and not a harbinger of longer-lasting anger toward the organization.

I also noticed, as I was leaving last night, the giant-ass portrait of Weight on the outside wall of 14th & Clark. Kinda saddening.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
Weight and his "Leadership" were cut out of the introductory video...

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20633
Location: Center Ice
ohio BLUES wrote:
Weight and his "Leadership" were cut out of the introductory video...


Yup. Kind of sad.

But the Weight's World banner was still up in the luxury box area.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:38 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
cprice12 wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
Weight and his "Leadership" were cut out of the introductory video...


Yup. Kind of sad.

But the Weight's World banner was still up in the luxury box area.

I have a feeling that will be up all year as it is a charity thing not just a Weight thing. I doubt they would stop doing that in the middle of a season.

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:46 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
I hope they patch things up with Douggie. He's a good guy, and it's always a shame when you have to ship out a fan favorite for the sake of the team.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:32 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5014
Location: Phi Alpha
Blueline29 wrote:
kodos wrote:
I don't know. He sounded kinda pissed.


Yeah, he did. Really pissed, actually.


Did he have like a news conference or something? I wanna hear this...

In any case, that's stark contrast to when he was traded to the Canes but had a BLUES conference with the bluenotes behind him and everything even though he wasn't on the team any more. when I heard that I knew he was coming back...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:33 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5014
Location: Phi Alpha
drwoland wrote:
I hope they patch things up with Douggie. He's a good guy, and it's always a shame when you have to ship out a fan favorite for the sake of the team.


:plusplus:

Perfectly said.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:34 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Portland Orygun
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:
kodos wrote:
I don't know. He sounded kinda pissed.


Yeah, he did. Really pissed, actually.


Did he have like a news conference or something? I wanna hear this...


He was quoted in the newspaper and didn't sound too pleased...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:36 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5014
Location: Phi Alpha
Portland Blues wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:
kodos wrote:
I don't know. He sounded kinda pissed.


Yeah, he did. Really pissed, actually.


Did he have like a news conference or something? I wanna hear this...


He was quoted in the newspaper and didn't sound too pleased...


:?

Still curious- anyone have a linky to STL newspapers or something?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:40 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
SIU LAW wrote:
Wow. Unsurprisingly, Weight sounds a bit bitter.

Here is a sample:

Quote:
When asked how the deal unfolded and why he waived his no-trade clause, Weight said: “I just don’t feel like I want to comment on that. It is what it is . . . Over the last 15 years, I’ve developed a pretty good reputation and I’m an honest person. I have no need to leave this city throwing mud, you know. I’m not going to comment on how it went down. If somebody asks me, I’ll tell them . . . and I guarantee my teammates and friends will know exactly what happen.”


Quote:
“There’s nothing more I wanted than to try and win here,” Weight said. “It was an exciting atmosphere at the beginning of the year. Sometimes things happen that aren’t in your control. Some things aren’t always as they seem.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:49 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 181
Location: South Charleston, WV
A-Yo! wrote:
I appreciated Weight here a great deal and his work with CC yoot hockey.

Yoot? What's a "yoot"? :angeldevil:

_________________
Image
http://www.myspace.com/aka_majikle


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:56 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Portland Orygun
majikle wrote:
A-Yo! wrote:
I appreciated Weight here a great deal and his work with CC yoot hockey.

Yoot? What's a "yoot"? :angeldevil:


Herman Munster in My Cousin Vinny wrote:
Did you say two yoots?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:11 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5014
Location: Phi Alpha
drwoland wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Wow. Unsurprisingly, Weight sounds a bit bitter.

Here is a sample:

Quote:
When asked how the deal unfolded and why he waived his no-trade clause, Weight said: “I just don’t feel like I want to comment on that. It is what it is . . . Over the last 15 years, I’ve developed a pretty good reputation and I’m an honest person. I have no need to leave this city throwing mud, you know. I’m not going to comment on how it went down. If somebody asks me, I’ll tell them . . . and I guarantee my teammates and friends will know exactly what happen.”


Quote:
“There’s nothing more I wanted than to try and win here,” Weight said. “It was an exciting atmosphere at the beginning of the year. Sometimes things happen that aren’t in your control. Some things aren’t always as they seem.


thanks drwoland.

I don't know, it just 'sounds' short to me- like he wasn't necessarily mad but kind of like "well what the hell do you want me to say about it? That I'm happy or something?"

I donno, that was the vibe I was getting.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
He's gotta understand where they're coming from, but he also has every right to be a bit miffed. I don't think there are going to be hard feelings, but I really hope the front office makes an effort at making nice with Weight. Everyone knows his family is here and he wants to come back here, but it would also be nice if he remained an active blue in the community.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:12 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9720
Location: Billings, MT
I'll miss teh WAIT, but it sounds like there was some stuff going on that we didn't know about. The move makes sense for everybody. I think he was probably just sick of the media being in his face. I know I would be.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:16 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Posts: 11652
Location: Columbia, MO
Haven't been able to follow hockey news the past couple days as I've been away from the comptuer for a bit, but the below was posted to the hockey forum of a poker site I read. The person is allegedly someone in the know in the Toronto (I think) area, take it with a grain of salt as all rumors of course:

Alright, only from one source, and I'm not sure if this is gospel or not... I only had time to make one phone call.... putting up the Christmas tree today...

The Blues approached the Ducks to see if they wanted to unload someone to clear cap space. They offered up Weight, and had the structure of a deal. Weight refused to waive his NTC. The Blues told him if he refused the trade, he would be put on waivers, and be thrown to the wind to be claimed. Weight took this as a personal insult from a team he felt was part of his character.
I'll try to follow up to see if this is actually true...

_________________
Play poker, win stuff!

Play more poker, win more stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 1:21 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
the knob wrote:
Haven't been able to follow hockey news the past couple days as I've been away from the comptuer for a bit, but the below was posted to the hockey forum of a poker site I read. The person is allegedly someone in the know in the Toronto (I think) area, take it with a grain of salt as all rumors of course:

Alright, only from one source, and I'm not sure if this is gospel or not... I only had time to make one phone call.... putting up the Christmas tree today...

The Blues approached the Ducks to see if they wanted to unload someone to clear cap space. They offered up Weight, and had the structure of a deal. Weight refused to waive his NTC. The Blues told him if he refused the trade, he would be put on waivers, and be thrown to the wind to be claimed. Weight took this as a personal insult from a team he felt was part of his character.
I'll try to follow up to see if this is actually true...


That does not make any sense. Why would we waive Weight, who had been playing the #1 center spot for us and had been on some sort of hot streak the past couple of weeks? We'd get no replacement in return. We have nobody in the organization ready to step up. This rumor just doesn't make sense.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 259 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Hall Of Fame

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group