It is currently Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:35 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:08 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8216
Location: Long Island, NY
Rivermen play games tomorrow, Thursday AND Friday. Holy hell. I don't think I've ever seen a schedule where any hockey team plays games 3 days in a row.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:20 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 pm
Posts: 35
Location: Anchorage, AK
glen a richter wrote:
Rivermen play games tomorrow, Thursday AND Friday. Holy hell. I don't think I've ever seen a schedule where any hockey team plays games 3 days in a row.


The Aces have Friday, Saturday Sunday series pretty often. Probably 4 or 5 times a season. That might be a quirk because of our location though, I'm not sure.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:22 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8216
Location: Long Island, NY
that must be hell on the players.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:00 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:27 pm
Posts: 18
They have 3 games in 3 nights in the minors often. It's been happening for years.
I think it's way to much, 2 games in a row and then they should get a game off.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:55 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Posts: 6327
Location: Worcester, MA
AHL teams often play 4 in 5 too...Wednesday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:18 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:50 pm
Posts: 184
Location: East Peoria, IL
Peoria has a Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Sunday, 4 in 5 days. Why they have Saturday off, I don't know. I know why, one or more of the opponents arena isn't available for this Saturday.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:20 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Posts: 6327
Location: Worcester, MA
Kyle1512 wrote:
Peoria has a Wednesday - Thursday - Friday - Sunday, 4 in 5 days. Why they have Saturday off, I don't know. I know why, one or more of the opponents arena isn't available for this Saturday.


With an odd number of teams (29), there is at least one team not playing every Saturday....Worcester doesn't play 12/6, 12/27, and 2/7.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 5:40 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
I noticed this on NHL 09 cause it shows you the Rivermen schedule. I figure it's great for forcing them to alternate goalies, but it's gotta be shit on the rest of the team.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:50 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:10 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Joplin, Missouri
They do that alot in the Minor Leagues it seems. I know here in Central Hockey League territory, they have a much smaller operating budget, so they schedule quite a few 3 game weekend sets to minimize travel costs. I'm sure other small leagues do that for the same reason.

_________________
Image

Official LGB Sponsor of EVERYTHING MACINNIS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:23 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Posts: 6327
Location: Worcester, MA
bluenotekidd wrote:
They do that alot in the Minor Leagues it seems. I know here in Central Hockey League territory, they have a much smaller operating budget, so they schedule quite a few 3 game weekend sets to minimize travel costs. I'm sure other small leagues do that for the same reason.


They do it because most minor league hockey teams teams draw like crap on the weekdays...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:10 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:10 am
Posts: 1342
Location: Joplin, Missouri
210 wrote:
bluenotekidd wrote:
They do that alot in the Minor Leagues it seems. I know here in Central Hockey League territory, they have a much smaller operating budget, so they schedule quite a few 3 game weekend sets to minimize travel costs. I'm sure other small leagues do that for the same reason.


They do it because most minor league hockey teams teams draw like crap on the weekdays...


This it true as well....

_________________
Image

Official LGB Sponsor of EVERYTHING MACINNIS


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Portland Blues, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group