VIEW CONTEST STANDINGS HERE:http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_playoff_challenge_08-09.htm
Once again...this time with the Blues in the mix!
Here's how it works...
Before the start of each round of the playoffs, you need to email me (firstname.lastname@example.org
... NO PM's) the following:1) Pick the winner of each series
2) Pick the number of games each series will go
(this is in a large red font because every year someone screws that up)
And before the Stanley Cup finals, you will also need to predict how many total goals will be scored in the finals and include that with your picks.
2 pts. will be awarded for each winner you correctly predict in each matchup.
1 pt. will be awarded for correctly predicting in how many games each round goes.
The deadline for sending in your picks for each round will be the start time of the first game of that round of playoffs. Any emails I receive after that time will not be counted.How you do it:
- Copy the following matchups
- Paste them in an email
- Fill in your LGB screen name
- Bold who you think will win each series
- Fill in your "in how many games" prediction
- Send me the email (email@example.com
) Emails only. NO PM's!!!!
You will need to do this at the beginning of each round. So check back here for updated matchups for rounds 2, 3, & 4.
Celebrity analysts may be added to your team if your team is short.
When I am able to compile all of the entries, a link will be provided so you will be able to see everyone's picks, who is on what team and the results of each round.** NOTE: I didn't break the teams up by post count, I just put the teams together based on the order I received them.Prizes:
- The overall winner will receive a free t-shirt from the LGB Store, which is currently under construction and will be re-launched soon. They will also receive a custom sig graphic.
- Each winning team member will receive a custom graphic to place in their sig, to proclaim their great LGB Playoff Pick'em knowledge.
(Note: You must be an LGB member in good standing to participate in this contest.)
<< -- Start Copying Here -- >>
Your LGB screen name:ROUND ONE:EASTERN CONFERENCE
(1) Boston (53-19-10, 116 pts)
(8) Montreal (41-30-11, 93 pts)
(2) Washington (50-24-8, 108 pts)
(7) NY Rangers (43-30-9, 95 pts)
(3) New Jersey (51-27-4, 106 pts)
(6) Carolina (45-30-7, 97 pts)
(4) Pittsburgh (45-28-9, 99 pts)
(5) Philadelphia (44-27-11, 99 pts)
(1) San Jose (53-18-11, 117 pts)
(8) Anaheim (42-33-7, 91 pts)
(2) Detroit (51-21-10, 112 pts)
(7) Columbus (41-31-10, 92 pts)
(3) Vancouver (45-27-10, 100 pts)
(6) St. Louis (41-31-10, 92 pts)
(4) Chicago (46-24-12, 104 pts)
(5) Calgary (46-30-6, 98 pts)
<< -- End Copying Here -- >>