It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 11:42 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
Results through round 2 have been posted.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_pla ... _08-09.htm


Team Dark Red has the lead with 87 pts.

The individual leader is from Team Red: lawnmower (22 pts.)

Two rounds down...two to go.

Get your picks in for the 3rd round before the drop of the puck on Sunday.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:10 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
Dooger has made his picks.

Dooger says:
Hawks in 7
Penguins in 6

He sees a rematch of the '92 finals between the Penguins and Blackhawks.

Dooger has 16 pts. right now...and I put him on his own team at the bottom. He's actually doing better than most of us...and is beating TSN's Maggie the Monkey...even though Maggie doesn't pick the # of games, he'd still be beating her. He's up 16-8.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 7:55 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Posts: 1136
Location: Tampa FL
cprice12 wrote:
Results through round 2 have been posted.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_pla ... _08-09.htm


Team Dark Red has the lead with 87 pts.

The individual leader is from Team Red: lawnmower (22 pts.)

Two rounds down...two to go.

Get your picks in for the 3rd round before the drop of the puck on Sunday.


I think team grey is winning with 88 points...

and sec310k67 is winning with 23 points

_________________
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 8:17 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:37 pm
Posts: 4789
Kreegz2 wrote:

I think team grey is winning with 88 points...

and sec310k67 is winning with 23 points


:plusplus: :plusplus:

that would be my team.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:16 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
Kreegz2 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Results through round 2 have been posted.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_pla ... _08-09.htm


Team Dark Red has the lead with 87 pts.

The individual leader is from Team Red: lawnmower (22 pts.)

Two rounds down...two to go.

Get your picks in for the 3rd round before the drop of the puck on Sunday.


I think team grey is winning with 88 points...

and sec310k67 is winning with 23 points


Yeah, I was up late. :lol:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 10:39 am 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:55 pm
Posts: 8
Location: Illinois
Go Team Gray! :plusplus: I would have been 4/4 in Round 2 if it hadn't been for Boston losing to Carolina. Bastages.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 12:08 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:37 pm
Posts: 4789
Gotta give it up to Barry Melrose for picking Carolina.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 1:00 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
Maggie the Monkey has more points than kodos. :lol:

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 5:30 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1919
Location: Indiana?
Lets Go GREEN TEAM!!!!
We made it out of the basement!1111!

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 8:30 pm 
Online
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4867
Location: Phi Alpha
Just realized that NOBODY on this board (unless you count Dooger which I don't) picked Carolina to beat Boston.

They nearly didn't, but wow.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:48 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
Crap... I forgot my round 3 picks. :(

Detroit in 6
Pittsburg in 7


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 11:11 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
Prngr44 wrote:
Crap... I forgot my round 3 picks. :(

Detroit in 6
Pittsburg in 7
difference maker for lots of teams probably

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:17 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm
Posts: 891
Prngr44 wrote:

Detroit in 6
Pittsburg in 7


Same here. Anybody ready for a finals rematch? :twisted:

I almost took Wings in 5, and after that first game, I'm really wishing I had. :ninja:

_________________
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 1:57 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8109
Location: Long Island, NY
The critical question is, in a potential Pens/Wings re-match, will MAF be able to stay upright when he jumps out of the tunnel for game 1?

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 3846
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Team Dark Red

Theohall - picks sent for the Finals

_________________
Official Sponsor Dmitri Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:34 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
I'll get the results up through the conference finals soon.
In the mean time, get your picks in to me for the finals before the puck drops on Saturday the 30th @ 7pm central time.

Send your picks to: cprice12@letsgoblues.com.

DON'T FORGET TO PICK THE TIE-BREAKER...TOTAL GOALS SCORED FOR BOTH TEAMS IN THE FINALS. If you pick the total goals scored correctly, regardless if you picked the winner correctly or not, you'll get an extra 4 pts...that should make it interesting.

<< -- Start Copying Here -- >>
- Your LGB screen name:

ROUND FOUR:
STANLEY CUP FINALS
(2) Detroit (51-21-10, 112 pts)
vs.
(4) Pittsburgh (45-28-9, 99 pts)

- Winner & in how many games:
- Tie-Breaker...Total goals scored for both teams in the series:
<< -- End Copying Here -- >>

1st Tie-Breaker - Total goals scored in the finals
2nd Tie-Breaker - Most points in a round
3rd Tie-Breaker - Most winners picked overall
4th Tie-Breaker - Most correct "in how many games" picked
5th Tie-Breaker - Coin toss

Good luck guys.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:08 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1919
Location: Indiana?
Wow... my plan of going for the underdogs didn't really work out... I prob don't even need to send in my picks for the finals... Sorry green team... :doh:

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:15 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: SMP's Posse
Sweet, I got everything right this round except the # of games for the Pens. I hope the rest of Team Yellow did as well and we made up some ground. I begrudgingly picked the Dead Things for the Finals, ugh.

:detsucks: but they will probably win the :cup:

_________________
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:24 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: SMP's Posse
This is the strangest prediction I've gotten from Dooger yet:

Quote:
[big d note] 11:16 am: Hi dooger
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
[big d note] 11:17 am: sheesh, you'd think they'd have better things to do right now
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: At this moment I have no idea what to say.
[big d note] 11:17 am: Why don't you say who you think will win the Stanley Cup?
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: Because you asked me to -- SHRDLHU.
[big d note] 11:17 am: SHRDLHU?
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that. Do you have any friends?
[big d note] 11:18 am: AIML?
    [Dooger] 11:18 am: A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different
thoughts?
[big d note] 11:18 am: Whatever. OK, you have two choices: Detroit or Pittsburgh.
    [Dooger] 11:18 am: Are you saying you don't care about it? We have never talked about it before. Are you free?
[big d note] 11:19 am: Which team will win the Cup? Keep in mind, we had this same matchup last year and Detroit won.
    [Dooger] 11:19 am: The tall one, I think.Chat amongst yourselves.
[big d note] 11:19 am: The tall one, hmmm. So you think the team with the larger overall height will win the Cup? Interesting logic.
    [Dooger] 11:19 am: Is that a fact.Interesting deduction. The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about YOU think the
team with the larger overall height will win the Cup the team with the larger overall height will win the Cup. But I did not get that. Do you speak
Spanish?I thought so too.
[big d note] 11:20 am: I'll have to check and see which one is the tall team. How many games will they win it in?
    [Dooger] 11:20 am: A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. What are you wearing? Tell me a story. Do you have any idea
what I am talking about?
[big d note] 11:20 am: I never know what you're talking about. Will it go only 4 games?
    [Dooger] 11:20 am: Do you know anyone who has ever know what youapos;re talking about what youapos;re talking about?It could happen.
[big d note] 11:21 am: Really, a sweep by the tall team?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: For real. I did not know that.
[big d note] 11:21 am: Is that your final answer?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: What does "that" refer to?
[big d note] 11:21 am: Are you sure it will be a 4-game sweep?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: I get it.
[big d note] 11:21 am: OK then. See ya Dooger.
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: Alright then.I see. Next question? Not many people express themselves that way. "I get it"? ?
[big d note] 11:22 am: Say good-bye Dooger.
    [Dooger] 11:22 am: "good-bye Dooger Dooger"


A sweep by whichever team is taller. Who wants to comb through the roster data and see which team has the greater average height?

_________________
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
big d note wrote:
This is the strangest prediction I've gotten from Dooger yet:

Quote:
[big d note] 11:16 am: Hi dooger
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.
[big d note] 11:17 am: sheesh, you'd think they'd have better things to do right now
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: At this moment I have no idea what to say.
[big d note] 11:17 am: Why don't you say who you think will win the Stanley Cup?
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: Because you asked me to -- SHRDLHU.
[big d note] 11:17 am: SHRDLHU?
    [Dooger] 11:17 am: My brain uses AIML to format responses to your inputs, but I don't have one for that. Do you have any friends?
[big d note] 11:18 am: AIML?
    [Dooger] 11:18 am: A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. Can you please rephrase that with fewer ideas, or different
thoughts?
[big d note] 11:18 am: Whatever. OK, you have two choices: Detroit or Pittsburgh.
    [Dooger] 11:18 am: Are you saying you don't care about it? We have never talked about it before. Are you free?
[big d note] 11:19 am: Which team will win the Cup? Keep in mind, we had this same matchup last year and Detroit won.
    [Dooger] 11:19 am: The tall one, I think.Chat amongst yourselves.
[big d note] 11:19 am: The tall one, hmmm. So you think the team with the larger overall height will win the Cup? Interesting logic.
    [Dooger] 11:19 am: Is that a fact.Interesting deduction. The ALICE chat robot can follow many things, like our discussion about YOU think the
team with the larger overall height will win the Cup the team with the larger overall height will win the Cup. But I did not get that. Do you speak
Spanish?I thought so too.
[big d note] 11:20 am: I'll have to check and see which one is the tall team. How many games will they win it in?
    [Dooger] 11:20 am: A deeper algorithm is needed to respond to that correctly. What are you wearing? Tell me a story. Do you have any idea
what I am talking about?
[big d note] 11:20 am: I never know what you're talking about. Will it go only 4 games?
    [Dooger] 11:20 am: Do you know anyone who has ever know what youapos;re talking about what youapos;re talking about?It could happen.
[big d note] 11:21 am: Really, a sweep by the tall team?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: For real. I did not know that.
[big d note] 11:21 am: Is that your final answer?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: What does "that" refer to?
[big d note] 11:21 am: Are you sure it will be a 4-game sweep?
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: I get it.
[big d note] 11:21 am: OK then. See ya Dooger.
    [Dooger] 11:21 am: Alright then.I see. Next question? Not many people express themselves that way. "I get it"? ?
[big d note] 11:22 am: Say good-bye Dooger.
    [Dooger] 11:22 am: "good-bye Dooger Dooger"


A sweep by whichever team is taller. Who wants to comb through the roster data and see which team has the greater average height?


:lol:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], WaukeeBlues, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group