It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:17 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:13 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
bluz89 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
big d note wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Let's pick it up yellow team! Look like a buncha scrubs so far..

Yeah, my picks were terrible. I'm a :moran:


Well we're tied.. If Washington and New Jersey pull out wins we'll both look better.

I would almost like us to do away with the game #s in future years.. It should only be a tiebreaker.. I mean if you pick team A in 6 games and they lose in 6 games why should you get a point?


I don't think you do - you only get the point for the # of games if you pick the winner.


First post:
cprice12 wrote:
2 pts. will be awarded for each winner you correctly predict in each matchup.
1 pt. will be awarded for correctly predicting in how many games each round goes.

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:40 am 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:08 pm
Posts: 93
Location: St. Louis, MO
Guppy wrote:
bluz89 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
big d note wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Let's pick it up yellow team! Look like a buncha scrubs so far..

Yeah, my picks were terrible. I'm a :moran:


Well we're tied.. If Washington and New Jersey pull out wins we'll both look better.

I would almost like us to do away with the game #s in future years.. It should only be a tiebreaker.. I mean if you pick team A in 6 games and they lose in 6 games why should you get a point?


I don't think you do - you only get the point for the # of games if you pick the winner.


First post:
cprice12 wrote:
2 pts. will be awarded for each winner you correctly predict in each matchup.
1 pt. will be awarded for correctly predicting in how many games each round goes.


I know - but look at the points for WaukeeBlues - the first name - he got 9 points - if you add it up, you'll see that he did not get a point for the # of games he picked correctly for the Chicago/Calgary series, because he picked Calgary to win in 6 - just add it up, you'll see what he's done. Now whether that is correct or not, I'm not sure, I'm just sayin' ... :lol:

_________________
Hockey is life.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:56 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
bluz89 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
bluz89 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
big d note wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Let's pick it up yellow team! Look like a buncha scrubs so far..

Yeah, my picks were terrible. I'm a :moran:


Well we're tied.. If Washington and New Jersey pull out wins we'll both look better.

I would almost like us to do away with the game #s in future years.. It should only be a tiebreaker.. I mean if you pick team A in 6 games and they lose in 6 games why should you get a point?


I don't think you do - you only get the point for the # of games if you pick the winner.


First post:
cprice12 wrote:
2 pts. will be awarded for each winner you correctly predict in each matchup.
1 pt. will be awarded for correctly predicting in how many games each round goes.


I know - but look at the points for WaukeeBlues - the first name - he got 9 points - if you add it up, you'll see that he did not get a point for the # of games he picked correctly for the Chicago/Calgary series, because he picked Calgary to win in 6 - just add it up, you'll see what he's done. Now whether that is correct or not, I'm not sure, I'm just sayin' ... :lol:


I'm just saying what the point totalts should be, not what they are :lol:

I'm not the one adding the totals and seeing what others have

Edit: Looking at his for the first time, 9 points is right

SJ/Ana--1 point for 6 games
Det/CBJ--1 point for games and 2 for winner
Cal/Chi--1 point for games
Van/Stl--2 for winner
Bos/Mtl--2 for winner
Pit/Phi--2 for winner

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:11 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1925
Location: Indiana?
I think you only get the extra 1 point for guessing the number of games it went to IF you guess the team correctly.

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:18 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
abc789987 wrote:
I think you only get the extra 1 point for guessing the number of games it went to IF you guess the team correctly.

After checking other scores, that is not the case

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:24 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1925
Location: Indiana?
Guppy wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
I think you only get the extra 1 point for guessing the number of games it went to IF you guess the team correctly.

After checking other scores, that is not the case

Are you sure? I have checked other scores too.

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:29 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
abc789987 wrote:
Guppy wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
I think you only get the extra 1 point for guessing the number of games it went to IF you guess the team correctly.

After checking other scores, that is not the case

Are you sure? I have checked other scores too.

I only looked at Blue scores and the 2 points for a win and 1 point for the games (no matter if they were right on who won or not)

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:34 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1925
Location: Indiana?
I dunno... math is hard, I'll let the person who made the spreadsheet figure it out...

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:01 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:08 pm
Posts: 93
Location: St. Louis, MO
Edit: Looking at his for the first time, 9 points is right

SJ/Ana--1 point for 6 games
Det/CBJ--1 point for games and 2 for winner
Cal/Chi--1 point for games
Van/Stl--2 for winner
Bos/Mtl--2 for winner
Pit/Phi--2 for winner

This ^^^ totals 11 points .... now I'm confused!!! :roll:

_________________
Hockey is life.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:13 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
bluz89 wrote:
Edit: Looking at his for the first time, 9 points is right

SJ/Ana--1 point for 6 games
Det/CBJ--1 point for games and 2 for winner
Cal/Chi--1 point for games
Van/Stl--2 for winner
Bos/Mtl--2 for winner
Pit/Phi--2 for winner

This ^^^ totals 11 points .... now I'm confused!!! :roll:

I was never good at math and that is why I never bother with a checkbook

It should be 11 and not 9. Now you know why I don't run this or do the hockey contest anymore. :lol:

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:03 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:21 am
Posts: 6327
Location: Worcester, MA
Wow, I'm full of suck :roll:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:54 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
Guppy wrote:
bluz89 wrote:
Edit: Looking at his for the first time, 9 points is right

SJ/Ana--1 point for 6 games
Det/CBJ--1 point for games and 2 for winner
Cal/Chi--1 point for games
Van/Stl--2 for winner
Bos/Mtl--2 for winner
Pit/Phi--2 for winner

This ^^^ totals 11 points .... now I'm confused!!! :roll:

I was never good at math and that is why I never bother with a checkbook

It should be 11 and not 9. Now you know why I don't run this or do the hockey contest anymore. :lol:


Anger of the Math!

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:34 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:36 am
Posts: 1530
Location: Stuck forever in a stuffy room grading papers
stlbluz wrote:
Guppy wrote:
bluz89 wrote:
Edit: Looking at his for the first time, 9 points is right

SJ/Ana--1 point for 6 games
Det/CBJ--1 point for games and 2 for winner
Cal/Chi--1 point for games
Van/Stl--2 for winner
Bos/Mtl--2 for winner
Pit/Phi--2 for winner

This ^^^ totals 11 points .... now I'm confused!!! :roll:

I was never good at math and that is why I never bother with a checkbook

It should be 11 and not 9. Now you know why I don't run this or do the hockey contest anymore. :lol:


Anger of the Math!


Come on, math is easy! :grin:
(HS Math teacher)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20495
Location: Center Ice
bluz89 wrote:
I got put on a team with Barry "slickhead" Melrose?? Ugh, thanks a lot... :evil:


Should have gotten your picks in sooner. :wink:
I just grouped the teams based on the order I received the predictions.



And I'll check the formulas on the spreadsheet. It was a long night last night and I thought the formulas were right...but we'll see.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20495
Location: Center Ice
bluz89 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
big d note wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Let's pick it up yellow team! Look like a buncha scrubs so far..

Yeah, my picks were terrible. I'm a :moran:


Well we're tied.. If Washington and New Jersey pull out wins we'll both look better.

I would almost like us to do away with the game #s in future years.. It should only be a tiebreaker.. I mean if you pick team A in 6 games and they lose in 6 games why should you get a point?


I don't think you do - you only get the point for the # of games if you pick the winner.


This is correct.

YOU ONLY GET CREDIT FOR PICKING THE # OF GAMES CORRECTLY, IF YOU PICKED THE WINNER CORRECTLY.

It's like getting a shot at an extra point as a reward for picking the winner correctly.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:43 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:08 pm
Posts: 93
Location: St. Louis, MO
cprice12 wrote:
bluz89 wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
big d note wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Let's pick it up yellow team! Look like a buncha scrubs so far..

Yeah, my picks were terrible. I'm a :moran:


Well we're tied.. If Washington and New Jersey pull out wins we'll both look better.

I would almost like us to do away with the game #s in future years.. It should only be a tiebreaker.. I mean if you pick team A in 6 games and they lose in 6 games why should you get a point?


I don't think you do - you only get the point for the # of games if you pick the winner.


This is correct.

YOU ONLY GET CREDIT FOR PICKING THE # OF GAMES CORRECTLY, IF YOU PICKED THE WINNER CORRECTLY.

It's like getting a shot at an extra point as a reward for picking the winner correctly.


It's good to be the King. 8)

_________________
Hockey is life.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:23 pm
Posts: 7
Western Confrence round 2 matchups:

#2 Detroit vs #8 Anaheim (I like Anaheim in 7)
#3 Vancouver vs #4 Chicago (I like Vancouver in 5)

Eastern Conference round 2 matchups:

#1 Boston vs #6 Carolina (I like Boston in 5)
#2 Washington vs #4 Pittsburgh (A tossup, could go either way, 7 games)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20495
Location: Center Ice
Updated through the end of the first round.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_playoff_challenge_08-09.htm

2 pts. for picking the winner of a series. 1 pt for picking the # of games, IF, you correctly picked the winner of that series.
Let me know if anyone sees any errors.
Thanks.

Leaders through the first round:

Edit: Corrected...

TEAMS:
1) Team Dark Red (69 pts.)
2) Team Aqua (68 pts.)
3) Team Pale Blue (63 pts.)

INDIVIDUALS:
1) ibldbl (18 pts.)
2) BF44 (17 pts.)
Lawnmower (17 pts.)
Sec310K67 (17 pts.)
F Keenan (17 pts.)
3) bluz89 (16 pts.)

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:06 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2003 11:08 pm
Posts: 93
Location: St. Louis, MO
cprice12 wrote:
Updated through the end of the first round.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_playoff_challenge_08-09.htm

2 pts. for picking the winner of a series. 1 pt for picking the # of games, IF, you correctly picked the winner of that series.
Let me know if anyone sees any errors.
Thanks.

Leaders through the first round:

TEAMS:
1) Team Aqua (70 pts.)
2) Team Dark Red (68 pts.)
3) Team Pale Blue (64 pts.)

INDIVIDUALS:
1) BF44 (18 pts.)
ibldbl (18 pts.)
2) Lawnmower (17 pts.)
Sec310K67 (17 pts.)
3) bluz89 (16 pts.)
SamJunior (16 pts.)
kanucklehead (16 pts.)
F Keenan (16 pts.)


Didn't the Anaheim/San Jose series only go 6 games? Looks like you had it going 7 ...

_________________
Hockey is life.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20495
Location: Center Ice
bluz89 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
Updated through the end of the first round.
http://www.letsgoblues.com/docs/lgb_playoff_challenge_08-09.htm

2 pts. for picking the winner of a series. 1 pt for picking the # of games, IF, you correctly picked the winner of that series.
Let me know if anyone sees any errors.
Thanks.

Leaders through the first round:

TEAMS:
1) Team Aqua (70 pts.)
2) Team Dark Red (68 pts.)
3) Team Pale Blue (64 pts.)

INDIVIDUALS:
1) BF44 (18 pts.)
ibldbl (18 pts.)
2) Lawnmower (17 pts.)
Sec310K67 (17 pts.)
3) bluz89 (16 pts.)
SamJunior (16 pts.)
kanucklehead (16 pts.)
F Keenan (16 pts.)


Didn't the Anaheim/San Jose series only go 6 games? Looks like you had it going 7 ...


You are correct...thank you.
I have adjusted the standings and the spreadsheet.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cardsfan04, Google [Bot], theohall and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group