listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:13 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 7:41 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7973
Location: Long Island, NY
I too liked it, because it's a 5-0 drubbing that makes the losing team come back with a burning desire to not screw the pooch again.

Pens in 7

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 9:03 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
Well, the Pens laid such a big turd, it can be seen from space.


In related news, Detroit.



:ninja:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:19 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Phi Alpha
Hullie wrote:
I liked this game.


The ONLY thing I had a problem with were the relentless penalties against the Pens in the 2nd period, with 3 of them going in. Now I didn't see ALL of them (partially because there were so many and so fast it was hard to keep up) but I don't like that Detroit's power-play opportunities gave them a hugely magnified advantage. Some of those calls were weak.

Having said that- Pittsburgh didn't do itself any favors by utterly collapsing and rolling over. It was an exact role reversal from the 2nd period in game 4. Detroit deserves the win, don't get me wrong, I just dont like that the refs almost took over the game.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:35 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
The Onion on the Series

Image

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:48 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm
Posts: 891
WaukeeBlues wrote:
The ONLY thing I had a problem with were the relentless penalties against the Pens in the 2nd period, with 3 of them going in. Now I didn't see ALL of them (partially because there were so many and so fast it was hard to keep up) but I don't like that Detroit's power-play opportunities gave them a hugely magnified advantage. Some of those calls were weak.

Having said that- Pittsburgh didn't do itself any favors by utterly collapsing and rolling over. It was an exact role reversal from the 2nd period in game 4. Detroit deserves the win, don't get me wrong, I just dont like that the refs almost took over the game.


The penalty on Ericsson that gave Pitt the PP they scored the game winning goal on in game 3 was really week. Not to mention, there were at least 5 blatant trips the Pens committed in game 4 that were never called.

Gotta admit I wasn't expecting the rout we saw in game 5. I was happy to have Pavel back, and thought the Wings would win a nail biter. So much for that! Even more evidence that Pavs and Hank are the top 2 players in the game.

_________________
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:01 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
It's just a shame that they are both tops. They would make the cutest couple.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:15 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Phi Alpha
Game 7 back in Detroit.

Predictions?

I just don't see the Dead Things losing there. I don't. Every fiber of my being hopes I am wrong but I doubt I will be.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:26 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
It's one game, so anything can happen... but I feel like these games are always a letdown. It will probably be something like 7-1 Detroit.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:04 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
I don't know how many Wings cups I can stomach. I watched their ceremonies in 96 and 97 thinking "this is building up.. The pain of this will make it that much more special when we take it".. Then in 2003 again.. By 2008 I could only watch about 2 minutes before I left the room and tried to forget about hockey as much as possible for 2-3 months.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:53 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2003 7:02 pm
Posts: 891
kodos wrote:
It's one game, so anything can happen... but I feel like these games are always a letdown. It will probably be something like 7-1 Detroit.


That's about what I'm thinking. I'm not expecting a close game.

_________________
Image


"The Blues do suck."

-Mellanby_equals_douche


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:40 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
kodos wrote:
It's one game, so anything can happen... but I feel like these games are always a letdown. It will probably be something like 7-1 Detroit.


That's about what I'm thinking. I'm not expecting a close game.


No one's surprised.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
WestCoastWingsFan wrote:
kodos wrote:
It's one game, so anything can happen... but I feel like these games are always a letdown. It will probably be something like 7-1 Detroit.


That's about what I'm thinking. I'm not expecting a close game.


No one likes you.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:51 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 214
kodos wrote:
It's one game, so anything can happen... but I feel like these games are always a letdown. It will probably be something like 7-1 Detroit.

Yeah, this is my gut feeling. Detroit really blitzed at the end of the game (Scuderi has got to be a god in Pittsburgh today) and even had a breakaway in the last couple minutes. The Pens survive, but they're pretty lucky in doing so. That being said, it'd be glorious to see an opposing team take a stroll with Stanley in The Dump. I'm just not seeing it.

4-1 Bad Guys.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:01 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
I don't know how many Wings cups I can stomach. I watched their ceremonies in 96 and 97 thinking "this is building up.. The pain of this will make it that much more special when we take it".. Then in 2003 again.. By 2008 I could only watch about 2 minutes before I left the room and tried to forget about hockey as much as possible for 2-3 months.


See, I have almost the exact opposite problem. By the time the Wings make it to the Conference Finals, I start just becoming uninterested. I am used to the Wings win, so I just watch the games if they're on, but I don't make it a point to watch them. I think of it as an immunity; I know the Wings will win, so it doesn't effect me either way.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 2:51 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:37 pm
Posts: 4789
I'm scared, but if I were an outsider to bet on a team... it would be Detroit.

-At home (last change, crowd, boards, etc.)
-Osgood comes up big in big games.
-Osgood > Fleury
-Babcock > Bylsma

could go on and on, but I'm still very nervous. Anything can happen in a game 7.

It also seems the officials have favored the home team throughout this series.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
Hullie wrote:
I'm scared, but if I were an outsider to bet on a team... it would be Detroit.

-At home (last change, crowd, boards, etc.)
-Osgood comes up big in big games.
-Osgood > Fleury
-Babcock > Bylsma

could go on and on, but I'm still very nervous. Anything can happen in a game 7.

It also seems the officials have favored the home team throughout this series.


But the entire NHL marketing team (along with Bettman) is pulling for Crosby so they can shove him hoisting the Cup down our throats this summer and next season. I hope the Wings win 9-0 just so I don't have to deal with that crap.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:52 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7973
Location: Long Island, NY
ProngerClosetRedWingsFan?44 wrote:
Hullie wrote:
I'm scared, but if I were an outsider to bet on a team... it would be Detroit.

-At home (last change, crowd, boards, etc.)
-Osgood comes up big in big games.
-Osgood > Fleury
-Babcock > Bylsma

could go on and on, but I'm still very nervous. Anything can happen in a game 7.

It also seems the officials have favored the home team throughout this series.


But the entire NHL marketing team (along with Bettman) is pulling for Crosby so they can shove him hoisting the Cup down our throats this summer and next season. I hope the Wings win 9-0 just so I don't have to deal with that crap.


FAIL!

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
glen a richter wrote:
ProngerClosetRedWingsFan?44 wrote:
Hullie wrote:
I'm scared, but if I were an outsider to bet on a team... it would be Detroit.

-At home (last change, crowd, boards, etc.)
-Osgood comes up big in big games.
-Osgood > Fleury
-Babcock > Bylsma

could go on and on, but I'm still very nervous. Anything can happen in a game 7.

It also seems the officials have favored the home team throughout this series.


But the entire NHL marketing team (along with Bettman) is pulling for Crosby so they can shove him hoisting the Cup down our throats this summer and next season. I hope the Wings win 9-0 just so I don't have to deal with that crap.


FAIL!


Sorry, I'm a hockey fan before a Blues fan. Its for the good of the sport.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:41 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Phi Alpha
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
ProngerClosetRedWingsFan?44 wrote:
Hullie wrote:
I'm scared, but if I were an outsider to bet on a team... it would be Detroit.

-At home (last change, crowd, boards, etc.)
-Osgood comes up big in big games.
-Osgood > Fleury
-Babcock > Bylsma

could go on and on, but I'm still very nervous. Anything can happen in a game 7.

It also seems the officials have favored the home team throughout this series.


But the entire NHL marketing team (along with Bettman) is pulling for Crosby so they can shove him hoisting the Cup down our throats this summer and next season. I hope the Wings win 9-0 just so I don't have to deal with that crap.


FAIL!


Sorry, I'm a hockey fan before a Blues fan. Its for the good of the sport.


The Red Wings ever winning anything is never for the good of hockey, I'm sorry.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:47 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7973
Location: Long Island, NY
I would say Crosby and Malkin have been great for the sport. Where would hockey in Pittsburgh be right now without those kids? Oh yeah, pissing away in some other town drawing shitty crowds of mainly disinterested "fans".

Just because Crosby has a rep as a whiner doesn't mean his presence in the league is bad for the sport or that his winning a Stanley Cup would be bad for the sport. Having a marketable talent that's recognized cross continent is NEVER bad for the sport.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 11  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group