It is currently Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:23 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:23 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
Even if he "recuperates", I don't want him. I highly doubt he can recover fully anyway, which makes him a liability on the ice (as if he weren't already). Not be mean, but I hope the guy just retires and rehabs to the point where he can pick up a donut again.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:25 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Drop a pencil in front of him and see what happens.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
SIU LAW wrote:
Drop a pencil in front of him and see what happens.

The pencil bounces up into his eye?

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:45 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
I was thinking he would quickly bend over to pick it up.

Another idea is to wear a Andy Murray mask. When Brewer is expecting his daily, loving hug from Murray, you bear hug him and thus freeing up cap space.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:49 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
deadphish wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Drop a pencil in front of him and see what happens.

The pencil bounces up into his eye?


Where is the Joker when you need a pencil disappearing act?

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:42 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
I think the whole injury is a scam (scheme?). Brewer does not want to play for us anymore. He couldn't just man up and admit it, he goes and plays the injury card.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:11 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
What with all the booing from the crowd? Were not booing him were saying brewer... :lol:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:43 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: StL/CoMo
SIU LAW wrote:
Drop a pencil in front of him and see what happens.


Could you imagine.. a faceoff between Brewer and Tkachuk... and they drop a donut? :aaaa:

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 7:49 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 4979
Location: SLS's dome
SIU LAW wrote:
I was thinking he would quickly bend over to pick it up.

Another idea is to wear a Andy Murray mask. When Brewer is expecting his daily, loving hug from Murray, you bear hug him and thus freeing up cap space.


Can I get one of those Andy Murray (frank)head masks at Johnny Brocks dungeon? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:20 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Posts: 3013
Location: the shoe
Unfortunately I think cutting McKee and Woywitka loose means we will have the pleasure of watching Brewer get hurt again this coming season. No way they eat his salary along with McKee and with Milbury gone from the Isles no one is stupid enough to pick him at his inflated price.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:44 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
So...Brewer still is not cleared for activity yet. The guy cannot even train at the moment. Even if he is cleared by the beginning of the season, he will be nowhere near his highest level. God help us all.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:01 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
STL JA wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
I was thinking he would quickly bend over to pick it up.

Another idea is to wear a Andy Murray mask. When Brewer is expecting his daily, loving hug from Murray, you bear hug him and thus freeing up cap space.


Can I get one of those Andy Murray (frank)head masks at Johnny Brocks dungeon? :lol:


Actually yes you can, it's right next to the He-Man costume. :D

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:04 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Sec. 316
SIU LAW wrote:
So...Brewer still is not cleared for activity yet. The guy cannot even train at the moment. Even if he is cleared by the beginning of the season, he will be nowhere near his highest level. God help us all.

If he isn't training now then there's not a snowball's chance in hell that he's ready for the beginning of the season. The guy apparently JUST got cleared to pick up his little girl. AND he's still experiencing numbness. Never a good sign.

Why has team management been operating under the assumption that he'll be healthy for the beginning of the season. There seems to have been plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise and the fact that they seems to at least be semi-ignoring the facts bothers me deeply. Am I alone here?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:11 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
strocklen083 wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
So...Brewer still is not cleared for activity yet. The guy cannot even train at the moment. Even if he is cleared by the beginning of the season, he will be nowhere near his highest level. God help us all.

If he isn't training now then there's not a snowball's chance in hell that he's ready for the beginning of the season. The guy apparently JUST got cleared to pick up his little girl. AND he's still experiencing numbness. Never a good sign.

Why has team management been operating under the assumption that he'll be healthy for the beginning of the season. There seems to have been plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise and the fact that they seems to at least be semi-ignoring the facts bothers me deeply. Am I alone here?


Nope. I still don't know why we are wasting our time with him. Does his contract expire this year or next? Maybe they should of bought his contract out instead of McKee.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:12 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
strocklen083 wrote:
Why has team management been operating under the assumption that he'll be healthy for the beginning of the season. There seems to have been plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise and the fact that they seems to at least be semi-ignoring the facts bothers me deeply. Am I alone here?



Also known as The Kariya Gambit.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:16 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Alright people, let's pass the hat around. Surely there is someone we can hire to deliver a single scissor kick to Brewer's back or to dress up a 200 pound rock to look like Brewer's baby.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:31 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
The Blues need to learn a lesson from this years Cardinals. Everyone but management knew Glauss was screwed up and wouldn't contribute for at least half the season. But they were in denial and didn't address the need in the off season when they coulda via UFA. Instead, they ignored the situation until crisis time mid season and had to sacrifice the closer of the future for a rent-a-player. In other words, sign Zubov, Schneider, or someone now so you don't have to trade Perron or someone for D help when Jackman gets menstrual cramps and winds up on the DL.

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Sec. 316
Leedog wrote:
Instead, they ignored the situation until crisis time mid season and had to sacrifice the closer of the future for a rent-a-player.

Not to get off topic. But if they really felt that Perez was the closer of the future then they would have swapped Motte for DeRosa instead. It was thrown out there publicly that Cleveland was willing to accept either player.

But I understand your point and also agree we need to sign someone like a Schneider or Zubov. But only on a one year basis. Any longer and it's a foolish move.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:40 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
strocklen083 wrote:
Leedog wrote:
Instead, they ignored the situation until crisis time mid season and had to sacrifice the closer of the future for a rent-a-player.

But I understand your point and also agree we need to sign someone like a Schneider or Zubov. But only on a one year basis. Any longer and it's a foolish move.


Hopefully would be able to sign them for something like we did with KT

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Last edited by philco_3 on Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Enough with Brewer
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:42 am 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
Does it count against the cap at all if a player's contract is bought out because he simply won't be available to play through the rest of his contract due to serious injury? Buying his contract out would be something the Blues need to start thinking about (and probably already have been).

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc789987, Bing [Bot], dmiles2186, ibldbl, Kerfuffle, ORBluesFan, Portland Blues and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group