It is currently Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:57 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Sec. 316
Who wants a 40 year old puck moving d-man?

According to Strickland, we're talking to Schneider. I'd take him for anything 2M and below. Thoughts?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:21 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4812
Location: Phi Alpha
strocklen083 wrote:
Who wants a 40 year old puck moving d-man?

According to Strickland, we're talking to Schneider. I'd take him for anything 2M and below. Thoughts?



eeeeehhhhhhh :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:22 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:04 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: Sec. 316
WaukeeBlues wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
Who wants a 40 year old puck moving d-man?

According to Strickland, we're talking to Schneider. I'd take him for anything 2M and below. Thoughts?



eeeeehhhhhhh :?


Last year he had 9g 23a. Not bad for a guy that age. With Brewer being a huge question mark I don't see any foul as long as the price is right...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4812
Location: Phi Alpha
strocklen083 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
Who wants a 40 year old puck moving d-man?

According to Strickland, we're talking to Schneider. I'd take him for anything 2M and below. Thoughts?



eeeeehhhhhhh :?


Last year he had 9g 23a. Not bad for a guy that age. With Brewer being a huge question mark I don't see any foul as long as the price is right...


I just want to see the young guys out there and the only way they're going to get better is with ice time. Schneider is not a long term player obviously and I don't like that he would be taking a spot.

Having said that- if the Blues experience anything close to the injuries they did this season or have some guys whose games go to sh*t, he could be a savior. Who knows.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
WaukeeBlues wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
Who wants a 40 year old puck moving d-man?

According to Strickland, we're talking to Schneider. I'd take him for anything 2M and below. Thoughts?



eeeeehhhhhhh :?


Last year he had 9g 23a. Not bad for a guy that age. With Brewer being a huge question mark I don't see any foul as long as the price is right...


I just want to see the young guys out there and the only way they're going to get better is with ice time. Schneider is not a long term player obviously and I don't like that he would be taking a spot.

I like Schneider, but didn't we just buy out a vet to make room for some kids. With Brewer and Jackman, do we really need another vet? We've got too many young guys trying to push their way through.
Having said that- if the Blues experience anything close to the injuries they did this season or have some guys whose games go to sh*t, he could be a savior. Who knows.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:49 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Yes, sign schneider. He had more goals in hIS 17 games with Montreal last season than our whole defense did this year. Yes, we have EJ coming back but can you have too many goals from the blueline?

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:51 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:27 pm
Posts: 838
Location: Columbia
I'd take him and wish like he we would've grabbed him off waivers last season.

If we use the space/salary cleared by buying out McKee on Schnieder, we'd absolutely be better off for it.

_________________
[Aode] 10:34 pm: well, if I find cornhole anywhere, I'll try it and let you know

It could always be worse, I could be a Cubs fan. (But please, if you could spare me the parallels between the respective organizations, I'd really appreciate it).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:06 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Darren Dreger: Khabibulin to the Oilers.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:24 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 10:10 pm
Posts: 6939
Location: Currently in Cincinnati, OH
SIU LAW wrote:
Darren Dreger: Khabibulin to the Oilers.


My nightmare continues. :cry:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:30 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2260
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Scott Clemmensen to Florida (eStrickland)

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:52 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
This all in one thread blows. You have to wade through 5 pages of jerkoffs bickering with each other just to see the news. I'd much rather see a separate thread for each individual confirmed signing.

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:55 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Posts: 4601
Location: SMP's Posse
No news on Manny Legace yet??

_________________
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:02 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: StL/CoMo
I heard Dallas wanted Manny.

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:22 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Leedog wrote:
This all in one thread blows. You have to wade through 5 pages of jerkoffs bickering with each other just to see the news. I'd much rather see a separate thread for each individual confirmed signing.


I blame STL JA.

Clearly, he is a witch.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 5:37 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 4979
Location: SLS's dome
SIU LAW wrote:
Leedog wrote:
This all in one thread blows. You have to wade through 5 pages of jerkoffs bickering with each other just to see the news. I'd much rather see a separate thread for each individual confirmed signing.


I blame STL JA.

Clearly, he is a witch.


Oh, come on now, Greg... :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:20 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Gaborik signs with the Rangers.

5 years/ 7.5 per

Another huge contract from the Rangers, hopefully for them he stays healthy and this doesn't turn into another Redden/Drury/Gomez contract.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:27 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
So, basically, they traded Gomez for Gaborik and what they got from MTL. Didn't Gomez have 5 @ 7.5per left?

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
section319 wrote:
Gaborik signs with the Rangers.

5 years/ 7.5 per

Another huge contract from the Rangers, hopefully for them he stays healthy and this doesn't turn into another Redden/Drury/Gomez contract.


I hope it does. morons.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:13 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Leedog wrote:
So, basically, they traded Gomez for Gaborik and what they got from MTL. Didn't Gomez have 5 @ 7.5per left?



Yeah, he did. If he can stay healthy that is a huge upgrade.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:14 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:03 am
Posts: 11510
Location: Kansas City, MO
STL JA wrote:
SIU LAW wrote:
Leedog wrote:
This all in one thread blows. You have to wade through 5 pages of jerkoffs bickering with each other just to see the news. I'd much rather see a separate thread for each individual confirmed signing.


I blame STL JA.

Clearly, he is a witch.


Oh, come on now, Greg... :lol:


Burn him!!!

:ninja:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], STLADOGG and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group