It is currently Wed May 06, 2015 3:28 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:05 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.

I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:09 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
Can you guys follow one post to the next without quoting? He asked me what had Bishop done in the NHL. I told him. The end.

I asked you that, because you were making an argument that Bishop should be the "go to" guy. He simply referenced Brent Johnson to show you that almost having (or getting) a SO at the NHL level means nothing. Seems like it was an "on topic" post.


When was this?

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
When was this?

You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 1:12 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
Sweetred95ta wrote:
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
When was this?

You made a counter-statement to me saying that the man-crush for Bishop drives me nuts. I just assumed from that post and your argument about how much Bishop has done at the NHL level, you were on that band wagon. If you're part of the Bishop man-crush crowd, then, you probably think that he needs to be the "go to" guy. Did I assume too much? I apologize if I put words in your mouth if that's not the case.


I don't think either has done much to be put above the other. You could make an argument for either being higher on the depth chart (and possibly moreso for Holt even). Being as I've only seen both of them a handful of times, I'll defer to the brass' judgment on this one being as they've watched both more and have more expertise than both of us put together. I would like to see Bishop succeed since he is the hometown guy, but I don't see either as the next Patrick Roy or anything.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:05 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6700
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Who is throwin' the party? Ears is back!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:57 pm
Posts: 331
Location: topshelf
what a kick in the teeth for Holt. Could of used this money to sign Whitfield or a couple of key veterans to start putting bodies in the seats and mentor the youth. The Goalie merry go round continues....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:38 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:08 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Leedog wrote:
Since when does having too many prospects become a problem?



This. Especially, when it comes to goalies in this organization.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group