Nice insults at all, but no examples were given as to why Bernie is a bad commentator. I've never noticed anything! I've been watching Blues games since Bernie's first year, and not once did he stick out to me as totally sucking. This thread is a surprise to me. What did Bernie do that good commentators don't? How exactly did he suck?
1) Blues could do no wrong - even when it was obvious they'd done something wrong.
2) Unintentional sexual inuendos which he wouldn't let go even when Kelly was trying to make them go away/ignore them.
3) "I don't know" when situations were things a former player should know.
4) Rambling about nonsense completely un-related to the game in the midst of strong pressure around the net - from either team.
5) A penalty gets called - the game goes to break - neither he nor Kelly seem to think it's important to let us know what the heck was called and would rather talk about some other Bernie nonsense.
Do I have to keep going?
Federko has only been a color guy for the Blues because he is a former Blue. It certainly has nothing to do with talent as a broadcaster.