It is currently Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:52 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
I just wanted to share a story with you all that I found amusing:

A few friends and I went to Total Hockey in Chesterfield on Friday and we met Erik Johnson. I decided to make a joke with him, so I handed him a quarter and said, "this may come in handy if you ever have to catch a cab with Patrick Kane." He laughed and said, "Dude, you gave me too much. Give me two dimes." I told him the extra .05 could be the tip.

We continued to take a picture with Johnson, and I asked him to hold the quarter up in the picture. He obliged.

Image

As I was walking away, he asked me if I wanted the quarter back. I told him to keep it and throw it at Kane when they play against the Blackhawks, and his response was epic. "I don't know man, he might throw a golf ball at me."

I found this exceptionally funny. I thought it was so cool how he was okay with making a joke like that to a complete stranger. Just another reason why I believe that professional hockey players are truly the nicest people when comparing them with other sports figures.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 12:17 am 
Online
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5010
Location: Phi Alpha
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
I just wanted to share a story with you all that I found amusing:

A few friends and I went to Total Hockey in Chesterfield on Friday and we met Erik Johnson. I decided to make a joke with him, so I handed him a quarter and said, "this may come in handy if you ever have to catch a cab with Patrick Kane." He laughed and said, "Dude, you gave me too much. Give me two dimes." I told him the extra .05 could be the tip.

We continued to take a picture with Johnson, and I asked him to hold the quarter up in the picture. He obliged.

Image

As I was walking away, he asked me if I wanted the quarter back. I told him to keep it and throw it at Kane when they play against the Blackhawks, and his response was epic. "I don't know man, he might throw a golf ball at me."

I found this exceptionally funny. I thought it was so cool how he was okay with making a joke like that to a complete stranger. Just another reason why I believe that professional hockey players are truly the nicest people when comparing them with other sports figures.


Very cool story.

And yea, I don't hardly watch the NFL and NBA anymore. I love football and basketball but I just watch college. Even college is kinda bad now though, getting thuggish, quite annoying.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:12 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
Freakin' awesome story!!

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:43 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:20 am
Posts: 14178
Location: North City
too funny :lol:

_________________
Image
Sponsor of TJ Oshie & his benders


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
Awesome. ProngerBlues FTW. :letsgoblues:

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:26 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
:plusplus: :goblues: :letsgoblues: :hawkssuck:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:24 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:44 pm
Posts: 378
Very cool story.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:28 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 am
Posts: 200
I think I went to high school with the kid on the right. He looks really familiar.

_________________
Official LGB Sponser of 4 year old signatures:
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:56 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
TheoSqua wrote:
I think I went to high school with the kid on the right. He looks really familiar.


What high school?

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:08 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 am
Posts: 200
Francis Howell North, though now that I think about it, it might have been middle school, but definitely in the Francis Howell school district.

_________________
Official LGB Sponser of 4 year old signatures:
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:10 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:04 pm
Posts: 190
I hope you told EJ how much I like his Twitter account.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
TheoSqua wrote:
Francis Howell North, though now that I think about it, it might have been middle school, but definitely in the Francis Howell school district.


That guy went to Howell High, but went to Saegar and Bryan Middle.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:26 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:43 am
Posts: 200
I went to mary emily bryan, so I bet that was it

_________________
Official LGB Sponser of 4 year old signatures:
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Meeting Erik Johnson
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
TheoSqua wrote:
I went to mary emily bryan, so I bet that was it


The guy on the right is DEFINITELY the sexiest of everyone in the picture.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], WaukeeBlues, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group