It is currently Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:21 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:50 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20545
Location: Center Ice
Quote:
MATCHUP: St. Louis Blues vs. Dallas Stars
By Jeremy Rutherford
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/24/2009

WHERE — Scottrade Center
WHEN — 7:05 p.m.
TV, RADIO — Fox Sports Midwest, KMOX (1120 AM)

BLUES PREVIEW — On the second night of back-to-back games, goalie Ty Conklin is expected to get the start. Conklin is 2-0 with a 1.71 goals-against average and a .940 save percentage this season.


STARS PREVIEW — Dallas has claimed at least one point in each of its six road games, with a record of 3-0-3. The Stars trailed 4-1 in Los Angeles on Thursday, tied the score 4-4 and then fell 5-4 in overtime.

WHAT TO WATCH — Forward David Perron netted two goals and two assists in four games against Dallas last season, helping the Blues to a 3-1 mark vs. the Stars in the season series.

INJURIES — Blues — C Alex Steen (wrist), D Barret Jackman (ankle) and D Eric Brewer (back), out. Stars — D Matt Niskanen (head), doubtful; C Mike Modano (rib) and RW Jere Lehtinen (groin), out.


Let's see if FoxSports and DishNetwork would be so kind as to televise this game on Dish for those that have it. Asshats.
I'm glad I'm not a DishNetwork customer.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:26 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
Not the night for a letdown.

Come on strong and build on last night. Minnesota should have been a weak opponent, and scoring only 2 legit--empty netters hardly count--was kind of lame.

Blues 7
North Stars 2

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:37 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20545
Location: Center Ice
glen a richter wrote:
Not the night for a letdown.

Come on strong and build on last night. Minnesota should have been a weak opponent, and scoring only 2 legit--empty netters hardly count--was kind of lame.

Blues 7
North Stars 2


Agreed. We could have easily lost that game last night had Mason not been stellar.

Offense needs to jump out of it's funk. Tkachuk should not be leading this team in scoring.

Berglund...3 pts?
Oshie...3 pts?
Boyes...2 goals? (one was an empty net)
Perron...pointless until last night????
Backes...2 pts?

Awful. The kids aren't getting it done as of yet. Not good enough guys. :notenough:

And it would be nice if Johnson could net a goal every now and then...but you can't complain too much about 7 pts. from a defenseman after 8 games.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 12:20 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
The Stars are fegs. We should win this one 4-1.

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:37 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3056
Location: Yorktown, VA
cprice12 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
Not the night for a letdown.

Come on strong and build on last night. Minnesota should have been a weak opponent, and scoring only 2 legit--empty netters hardly count--was kind of lame.

Blues 7
North Stars 2


Agreed. We could have easily lost that game last night had Mason not been stellar.

Offense needs to jump out of it's funk. Tkachuk should not be leading this team in scoring.

Berglund...3 pts?
Oshie...3 pts?
Boyes...2 goals? (one was an empty net)
Perron...pointless until last night????
Backes...2 pts?

Awful. The kids aren't getting it done as of yet. Not good enough guys. :notenough:

And it would be nice if Johnson could net a goal every now and then...but you can't complain too much about 7 pts. from a defenseman after 8 games.


(ahem) Kariya.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:50 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
This team needs a guy who can be counted on for 90-100+ points per season. That's a major part of the problem. The balanced scoring potential is only good if everyone is actually scoring. Having a guy opponents could fear and fans could count on to score every night would go a big way in complementing the rest of the team. It would also take off the pressure. Oshie and Bumps and Perron, they must all be thinking "holy shit, the guys on the last shift didn't score, so now I have to". If they had someone who could be counted on as a HOF'er type who they knew would score, maybe it would ease off the pressure on them, and they'd score more. Hell, they're young kids, they need an environment where they can relax and have fun. Then, and only then, will they perform at and above expectations.

With that, I propose the following to the Pittsburgh Penguins who will NEVER be able to afford to keep their current roster together, considering they're already a few mil over cap with the monster contracts they gave Sid and Evgeni.

Malkin to the Blues <--> Pietrangelo, Eller, Boyes, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder to the Pens. That + getting Brewer somehow off the payroll will even up the salary being paid to Malkin. Boyes & Brewer are basically making as much as Malkin, and I don't think the Pens would snivel at the return they're getting.

/ delusional foolishness

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:59 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
glen a richter wrote:
This team needs a guy who can be counted on for 90-100+ points per season. That's a major part of the problem. The balanced scoring potential is only good if everyone is actually scoring. Having a guy opponents could fear and fans could count on to score every night would go a big way in complementing the rest of the team. It would also take off the pressure. Oshie and Bumps and Perron, they must all be thinking "holy shit, the guys on the last shift didn't score, so now I have to". If they had someone who could be counted on as a HOF'er type who they knew would score, maybe it would ease off the pressure on them, and they'd score more. Hell, they're young kids, they need an environment where they can relax and have fun. Then, and only then, will they perform at and above expectations.

With that, I propose the following to the Pittsburgh Penguins who will NEVER be able to afford to keep their current roster together, considering they're already a few mil over cap with the monster contracts they gave Sid and Evgeni.

Malkin to the Blues <--> Pietrangelo, Eller, Boyes, 1st rounder, 2nd rounder to the Pens. That + getting Brewer somehow off the payroll will even up the salary being paid to Malkin. Boyes & Brewer are basically making as much as Malkin, and I don't think the Pens would snivel at the return they're getting.

/ delusional foolishness





Would not trade Pietrangelo, eller, and Boyes for Malking haha..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2262
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Blues 5
Mooterus 1

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:30 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
Is it too early to officially say that DJ "Kleenex" King isn't going to do this team much good?

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:36 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:12 pm
Posts: 449
Location: El Paso, TX (St. Louis Native)
It's a tough living to make your living with your hands/fists...especially when they get broken all the time, eh??

:doh:

_________________
Mark P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:57 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 4979
Location: SLS's dome
King sucks. I hope he's been saving his money.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:24 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:17 pm
Posts: 20
ARE THE REFS WATCHING THE SAME GAME!!!!!!!!!!

Petriangylo with the double minor and they score??

That could cost us the game! :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:25 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
And Petro heads back to juniors after the game. Murray will not stand for such shenanigans.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
That's okay, Andy...don't say anything when your team is getting bent over by the officiating on home ice. No problem.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 4979
Location: SLS's dome
Why does Alex Pietrangelo not have a spot on this team? Unreal.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:52 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Just wanted to stop by real quick and say...

HORSESHIT!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
STL JA wrote:
Why does Alex Pietrangelo not have a spot on this team? Unreal.


Michael Del Zotto, picked 16 picks later, has 10 points in 11 games for the Rangers.

Does AM think that Pietrangelo isn't capable?

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:54 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
STL JA wrote:
Why does Alex Pietrangelo not have a spot on this team? Unreal.


He is making his case tonight. Got to give Murray some credit. He has put him out there pretty often in this game, even before Carlo got rocked into IR land.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:55 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
Also, why isn't Tkachuk the captain? The dude had guys all over him and he moved heaven and earth to make sure Ott couldn't do any damage to Pietrangelo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:07 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
I know the refs are (Franking) us over, but we haven't WANTED this game since about halfway through the first.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cardsfan04, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group