listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 7:14 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:26 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
Yeah...

there is a lot to be said about the Blues right now...a lot of it negative. Maybe I'll write something up tomorrow.

But now...its time to talk to Samson. 8)

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:28 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
Trade every player that was a minus in the -/+ rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does a team score 3 goals, but yet Brewer is even in the +/- rating?

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:31 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4525
Location: St. Louis, MO
Someone miracled his (butt) up there. :D :facepalm:

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
Nyghtewynd wrote:
Someone miracled his (butt) up there. :D :facepalm:

:facepalm:

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:34 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
northwest dave wrote:
Trade every player that was a minus in the -/+ rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does a team score 3 goals, but yet Brewer is even in the +/- rating?



Just a statistical anomoly...a fluke, if you will.

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:35 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
illownyou wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
Trade every player that was a minus in the -/+ rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does a team score 3 goals, but yet Brewer is even in the +/- rating?



Just a statistical anomoly...a fluke, if you will.


The argument is a fluke.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:36 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
northwest dave wrote:
illownyou wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
Trade every player that was a minus in the -/+ rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does a team score 3 goals, but yet Brewer is even in the +/- rating?



Just a statistical anomoly...a fluke, if you will.


The argument is a fluke.



The WHOLE WORLDZ IZ FLUKED!!K!!*!(!1

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:37 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
illownyou wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
illownyou wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
Trade every player that was a minus in the -/+ rating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So how does a team score 3 goals, but yet Brewer is even in the +/- rating?



Just a statistical anomoly...a fluke, if you will.


The argument is a fluke.



The WHOLE WORLDZ IZ FLUKED!!K!!*!(!1


Image

This eases the pain....

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:40 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:51 pm
Posts: 71
So many unproductive players on the Blues, what is the deal? Keith Tkachuk has added nothing to the power play and now has a whopping 20 shots on goal in 16 games. He should be skating with McClement and Crombeen. David Backes should be skating in a high school game, Patrik Berglund isn't proving any of his haters wrong, and Paul Kariya couldn't regain his play-making ability this season.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:42 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
Ace wrote:
So many unproductive players on the Blues, what is the deal? Keith Tkachuk has added nothing to the power play and now has a whopping 20 shots on goal in 16 games. He should be skating with McClement and Crombeen. David Backes should be skating in a high school game, Patrik Berglund isn't proving any of his haters wrong, and Paul Kariya couldn't regain his play-making ability this season.


Paul Kariya needs to be waived or traded. Seriously. AMac is play more like Kariya than Kariya. Sure he had 5 shots on goal last game, but I think that was after the 1st period when the game was out of control. He isn't getting it done and there's plenty of players who can at least contribute more than just a "skate by".

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:45 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4798
Location: Phi Alpha
ohio BLUES wrote:
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.


Mason did good. 37 shots before finally giving up #2. Him and Conklin are working out very well so far.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:46 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4798
Location: Phi Alpha
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Blues 1
Preds 4

Temporary goal orgy ends. Return to pessimism.

:(


:( :?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
ohio BLUES wrote:
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.



Yeah...I'm beginning to think that the coaching really is the issue, with everything else stemming from there.

First of all...

I really hate how Murray treats younger players. When listening to his interview after the 6-1 win he was asked about the development of David Perron, where he would go on to remind the interviewer about how he isn't one who likes to stroke the ego of younger players before giving some mild props to Perron...

which would be fine if Perron didn't just connect for a hat trick!!!

C'mon...there is a time to be a tough coach and a time to give props to get some confidence going not only for the individuals who deserve it (regardless of age) and the squad as a whole.

Secondly...

Anyone who has played hockey knows that it takes TIME to develop chemistry which means that lines need to be given a chance to gel before breaking them up after a single shift or two. As long as Murray is playing musical forwards, we will NOT see the chemistry we are expecting and this team will continue to underachieve.

This team is extremely fortunate to be where they are (6-7-4) considering how bad they've been and if not for some amazing goaltending, we'd be done already, probably sitting about 3-10-4 or worse.


The good thing is that its early...but thats also a very dangerous way to look at things.

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Last edited by illownyou on Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:48 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
WaukeeBlues wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.


Mason did good. 37 shots before finally giving up #2. Him and Conklin are working out very well so far.


It's like WTF on 2 occasions. Two tight games, good defense, good teams, and then the Blues goalie gives up a softie after making big saves. WTF!

I blame a curse...or Brewer because it's been determined that he is BAD LUCK.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:54 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
illownyou wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.



Yeah...I'm beginning to think that the coaching really is the issue, with everything else stemming from there.

First of all...

I really hate how Murray treats younger players. When listening to his interview after the 6-1 lead he was asked about the development of David Perron, where he would go on to remind the interviewer about how he isn't one who likes to stroke the ego of younger players before giving some mild props to Perron...

which would be fine if Perron didn't just connect for a hat trick!!! C'mon...there is a time to be a tough coach and a time to give props to get some confidence going not only for the individuals who deserve it (regardless of age) and the squad as a whole.

Secondly...

Anyone who has played hockey knows that it takes TIME to develop chemistry which means that lines need to be given a chance to gel before breaking them up after a single shift or two. As long as Murray is play musical forwards, we will NOT see the chemistry we are expecting and this team will continue to underachieve.

This team is extremely fortunate to be where they are (6-7-4) considering how bad they've been and if not for some amazing goaltending, we'd be done already, probably sitting about 3-10-4 or worse.


The good thing is that its early...but thats also a very dangerous way to look at things.


I think the idea line combos are overrated. All the lines on the team should know the style of play being dictated. Sure, there are certain 'chemistry' things being developed, but a team needs to be able to jumble lines. In today's game it happens all the time. You need players to plug-n-play regularly.

Also, Backed got ejected for one of the most pussification calls evaaarrr. And the Blues needed to move players around. Any line consistency was Fvckded, until the end when Murray tried to push it.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
northwest dave wrote:
I blame a curse...or Brewer because it's been determined that he is BAD LUCK.

It sounds like you doubt this.

Go on, tell me about all his successes in the past 5 years or so. What players has he made better because of his stellar defensive play/captaincy? Or, has the case more often been that he needed a certain defenseman paired with him to improve his play?

Has he been a quality power play quarterback?

Is he leading by example on the ice?

Or does he just have an unmistakable stench of losing that trails him everywhere?

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:00 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
northwest dave wrote:
illownyou wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
We are terrible and it starts behind the bench.



Yeah...I'm beginning to think that the coaching really is the issue, with everything else stemming from there.

First of all...

I really hate how Murray treats younger players. When listening to his interview after the 6-1 lead he was asked about the development of David Perron, where he would go on to remind the interviewer about how he isn't one who likes to stroke the ego of younger players before giving some mild props to Perron...

which would be fine if Perron didn't just connect for a hat trick!!! C'mon...there is a time to be a tough coach and a time to give props to get some confidence going not only for the individuals who deserve it (regardless of age) and the squad as a whole.

Secondly...

Anyone who has played hockey knows that it takes TIME to develop chemistry which means that lines need to be given a chance to gel before breaking them up after a single shift or two. As long as Murray is play musical forwards, we will NOT see the chemistry we are expecting and this team will continue to underachieve.

This team is extremely fortunate to be where they are (6-7-4) considering how bad they've been and if not for some amazing goaltending, we'd be done already, probably sitting about 3-10-4 or worse.


The good thing is that its early...but thats also a very dangerous way to look at things.


I think the idea line combos are overrated. All the lines on the team should know the style of play being dictated. Sure, there are certain 'chemistry' things being developed, but a team needs to be able to jumble lines. In today's game it happens all the time. You need players to plug-n-play regularly.

Also, Backed got ejected for one of the most pussification calls evaaarrr. And the Blues needed to move players around. Any line consistency was Fvckded, until the end when Murray tried to push it.



The problem is that the jumbling of lines several times PER GAME is doing us no favors. It really is a problem. Line shaking is common, but it shouldnt be so common that the players can be seen running into one another during line changes because nobody knows what the hell is going on.

There needs to at least be a template...

or some grace in the way that when you have a bad shift your number isn't thrown back into the bowl to be randomly selected along with two others as it sometimes seems.

The team is unstable...nobody knows their roles because they change from shift to shift.

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Last edited by illownyou on Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:02 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
ohio BLUES wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
I blame a curse...or Brewer because it's been determined that he is BAD LUCK.

It sounds like you doubt this.

Go on, tell me about all his successes in the past 5 years or so. What players has he made better because of his stellar defensive play/captaincy? Or, has the case more often been that he needed a certain defenseman paired with him to improve his play?

Has he been a quality power play quarterback?

Is he leading by example on the ice?

Or does he just have an unmistakable stench of losing that trails him everywhere?


No doubt he wasn't playing well last year or the year before. But really, this year he's played well. You have an agenda and it shows. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:09 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 12:48 pm
Posts: 965
Location: In your head...
northwest dave wrote:
ohio BLUES wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
I blame a curse...or Brewer because it's been determined that he is BAD LUCK.

It sounds like you doubt this.

Go on, tell me about all his successes in the past 5 years or so. What players has he made better because of his stellar defensive play/captaincy? Or, has the case more often been that he needed a certain defenseman paired with him to improve his play?

Has he been a quality power play quarterback?

Is he leading by example on the ice?

Or does he just have an unmistakable stench of losing that trails him everywhere?


No doubt he wasn't playing well last year or the year before. But really, this year he's played well. You have an agenda and it shows. :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:



Since coming to the Blues...


32 GP/-17...that should have been a sign.
82 GP/-10
77 GP/-18
28 GP/-14
6 GP/-7

In seasons, including this one where he has not played much, he is -38 in 66 games.

That is absolutely atrocious, no matter how over-rated you may or may not feel +/- is.

_________________
Formerly known as ledzeppelinfan1...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], ComradeT and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group