It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:35 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:51 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Article in today's paper.

I just read an article in today Post Dispatch and was at first extremely frustrated when hearing JD refer to Brewer’s play as ‘good’ and then to hear them state they are leaning towards keep Petro up (which I am for) though Murray doesn’t like to dress him (which I am not for). Then it hit me square in the face.

No way you keep Petro up if he’s not going to skate In 50 to 60 games.

Brewer has not played even OK, let alone good, yet he’s getting plenty of ice time.

JD was very blunt early in the season that when Brewer came back, Sydor would be the odd man out yet he’s still here.

This all adds up to one simply conclusion. They are hoping Brewer works himself into a tradable commodity.

It also leads even more credence to the thought that Murray is on the hot seat because I seriously question if anyone would believe that AM would get Petro 50 to 60 games. He’s already stated that he is uncomfortable with too much youth on the blue line.

Obviously, it’s just my interpretation of the article and the underlying thoughts.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:27 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3765
Location: Chesterfield
You, sir, have just found a seat on the committee for common sense.

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:28 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
Surely Brewer must have some trade value. Some other team probably has an overpriced slug they aren't getting their money's worth on that they want to swap for our overpriced slug. Just to shake things up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
And whomever we'd get for Brewer would be a fan favorite for years to come. I don't care if it's Alexei Yashin. Just get rid of teh Brewer. :cup:

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:00 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4553
Location: St. Louis, MO
I got a better idea: why doesn't JD just fire Murray and then hire a coach that will play Petro 50-60 games? Or tell Murray to either play him or hit the bricks? Why are we changing the entire multi-year plan on the whims of a coach that has never accomplished anything of lasting value?

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:46 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: Springfield, IL
Because it's the blues. Might as well put a C on their jerseys and call them the Cubs.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:36 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:21 am
Posts: 1364
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Krigloch the Furious wrote:
Because it's the blues. Might as well put a C on their jerseys and call them the Cubs.


Erroneus!
Image

The Cubs have at least won a championship.

_________________
Image

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 12:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1572
Location: Springfield, IL
ouch


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:31 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
Brewer should get traded. Just for the fact that he'll never get a fair shake from Blues fans. It would be better off for everybody.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:37 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
Brewer and AM both need to go. However what are we going to trade Brewer for, a bag of pucks and some used zamboni parts?

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:41 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
Trade Brewer for an offensive player who makes too much money and is in the doghouse on some other team. We have enough depth on defense. Let's swap him for some useless jaggoff that might actually score a few goals.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:11 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 3954
Location: Jacksonville, FL
northwest dave wrote:
Brewer should get traded. Just for the fact that he'll never get a fair shake from Blues fans. It would be better off for everybody.


Brewer might start getting a fair shake if he weren't good for an even strength goal against in every game he plays. That's the problem. Not whether he'd get a fair shake or not.

_________________
Official Sponsor Dmitri Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:21 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
theohall wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
Brewer should get traded. Just for the fact that he'll never get a fair shake from Blues fans. It would be better off for everybody.


Brewer might start getting a fair shake if he weren't good for an even strength goal against in every game he plays. That's the problem. Not whether he'd get a fair shake or not.


Again. Not a Brewer fan, but one-stat analysis doesn't really do much. Brewer has played well since he came back. And his play has nothing to do with the Blues' problems.

Continue with the bashing...

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:26 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 3954
Location: Jacksonville, FL
northwest dave wrote:
theohall wrote:
northwest dave wrote:
Brewer should get traded. Just for the fact that he'll never get a fair shake from Blues fans. It would be better off for everybody.


Brewer might start getting a fair shake if he weren't good for an even strength goal against in every game he plays. That's the problem. Not whether he'd get a fair shake or not.


Again. Not a Brewer fan, but one-stat analysis doesn't really do much. Brewer has played well since he came back. And his play has nothing to do with the Blues' problems.

Continue with the bashing...


The stat is a direct result of his play. Backing into his own zone one-on-one against a defender, then deflecting the shot into his own net? When is the last time we saw Brewer stand someone up at the blueline or challenge them out high. He just doesn't do it. Opponents know it and use it to set up screen shots with Brewer as the screen. It happens regularly. Far too regularly. He doesn't clear the front of the net, still. Yep, I'll continue with the bashing until I see these two things expected from a Captain actually change.

_________________
Official Sponsor Dmitri Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:43 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
Okay, plus/minus isn't enough. Want more stats?

Blues record without Brewer: 5-4-1 (11 points in 10 games, 27 GA and 29 GF)
Blues record with Brewer: 1-4-3 (5 points in 8 games, 18 GA + 2 SOWA and 12 GF)

[Half of the Blues' goals-for with Brewer in the lineup came in one game (VAN 11/10).]

Look, I'm not saying it's all on teh Brew. And we weren't dominating the world prior to his glorious arrival against Phoenix. But he is supposedly the Captain and hasn't made the team better. And before you say he's contributing to less goals against... -7. It comes into play eventually, whether you look at it in the beginning or under a larger microscope. Apparently other D combos are improving.

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:11 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2003 11:42 pm
Posts: 918
Brewer's play has been better than what we're used to seeing.........but that still isn't saying much. I used to be a Brewer fan back when he played for the Oilers and was excited when I found out we traded from him. BUT his play these past few seasons was like a big kick to the gonads and I am a fan no more. BTW I am not really a Jackman fan anymore either(he lost his edge) but I am too lazy to make another account on this board.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:18 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Obviously Brewer sucks, but as far as why Petro hasn't been playing lately is I would think because he is right on the verge of playing his 9th game so they are contemplating whether to send him back or not and just haven't made the decision yet. Whether or not it should take more than 5 minutes to make that decision rather than a couple weeks is up for debate.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:58 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
OK.....

I don't want to be on a bash bandwagon, but anyone saying that Brewer's play hasn't been unacceptable simply isn't paying attention or is a relative of Brewer or Murray.

Dude is a joke and there is no way in hell he should be playing in the NHL right now. Just because he’s a vet and wouldn’t take a conditioning stint with Perioa, doesn’t excuse his extreme resources of suck, or explain he absorbent number of minutes every game.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:23 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
DaDitka wrote:
OK.....

I don't want to be on a bash bandwagon, but anyone saying that Brewer's play hasn't been unacceptable simply isn't paying attention or is a relative of Brewer or Murray.

Dude is a joke and there is no way in hell he should be playing in the NHL right now. Just because he’s a vet and wouldn’t take a conditioning stint with Perioa, doesn’t excuse his extreme resources of suck, or explain he absorbent number of minutes every game.


Brewer's play has been fine since he came back. Anyone is says differently isn't paying attention or can't watch the game objectively.

Oh...and the PK has been pretty stellar.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:43 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
I attend all the home games so perhaps you’re not getting a full view on TV, but Brewer is constantly standing around, turned inside-out, or completely out of position and search for the puck. He’s clearly struggling with the speed of the game right now.

It’s not his play with the puck that’s bothering me (he’s always been overrated at that)

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: abc789987, bluenotekidd, cardsfan04, dmiles2186, ecbm, Oaklandblue, Yahoo [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group