It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 3:42 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:23 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
ohio BLUES wrote:
If we're giving crap we're going to get some crap in return. But that trade is worth it for Kaberle alone, and I'll bet Stempy will produce again when the spotlight's not on him so much.

Kaberle would be nice, but I just don't think there would be room for a Stempniak type player on this team. We've got other guys that could play and produce. I doubt Brewer and Kariya would go (that's $10 million in salary). Toronto's back is already against the wall with cap space.

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:28 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
Yeah, just what need... another 20-goals a yearish depth guy.

No thanks.

Unless it means no more Brewer.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:27 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:33 pm
Posts: 4603
Location: SMP's Posse
Return of teh Mayers???!!

_________________
Official Sponsor of Ray Barile
[Dooger] 9:10 am: That David [Backes] is a cool dude.
RIP Pavol Demitra - I hope you are "so hoppy" wherever you are now


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:32 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 2:21 am
Posts: 1364
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Most recent Blues trade... what was it?? I can't recall...

_________________
Image

[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:16 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4867
Location: Phi Alpha
TSUCookieMonster wrote:
Most recent Blues trade... what was it?? I can't recall...


It's been a while.

Danny Richmond at the trade deadline last season?

One that meant anything? No idea.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:51 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3367
Location: Anywhere but here
Looking at this roster, the only reason I can think of to make a trade is to shake things up and maybe light a fire under some of these players. That being said, idk why you would trade any one and I don't see any glaring needs. If you make a trade, it has to be for an impact player with a proven track record of high-end offensive output. That also means you are going to give up the moon in return, and I don't think this club is going to do that unless they are truly a player or two from winning a Stanley Cup.

There is a push to trade Brewer, but what do you want in return for him? Sure you can say "Crosby" but ffs be real about it. Unless he can play all three spots on his line at the same time this year and for the coming five years we don't have first round picks - cause that's what it would take - he isn't worth trading for.

Realistically, who is a top offensive guy that would even be remotely available for a package of players and or picks?

Trade Sydor for picks or future considerations? Sure, but only if you plan on playing Pie this year - which isn't going to happen with Murray @ the helm. And this is a move that looks AWESOME at the trade deadline when a contender is hurting for depth on the blue-line.

I think trade rumors right now are just that, rumors.

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:06 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:45 am
Posts: 191
Location: Lviv/Ukraine
The only player Blues might be interested on Leafs roster is Kaberle. He is the asset. And he would make immediate impact on our play. Having acquired Kaberle the Blues would have their top 4 D set for the years and it'd be one of the best and well balanced in NHL (IMHO): EJ - Polak, Kaberle - Jackman. The rest - Cola, Weaver, Sydor whatever.
Seriously, I have suspicion that the management having made the statement "we must win now" may have understanding that it will take at least several years for Pietro to come to the level of No 2-3 D or maybe even longer. Kaberle is ready to play and produce(if the management knows he is available). Who else of such caliber is available on the market? I do not know.
From the other side you have to give to get. Toronto would definitely want some assets for him (especially top prospects). Besides, we have to consider salaries coming both ways... Maybe the management is ready to give up on Pietro in order to get something.
In this respect what about: Kaberle +Ponikarovsky (approx. 7-8 mil. combined) for Pietro, Brewer and maybe + draft pick (around 7 mil.combined counting Pie's salary).

Basically this deal is about Kaberle for Pietro. Throwing Brewer - is just getting rid of his contract and evening salaries for the deal. Ponikarovsky - is a good 3-4 liner capable of 10-15 goals who could provide depth this season and may stay for the next one in order to fill the gaps when Kariya and Walt leave. Any opinions?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:26 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1562
Location: Springfield, IL
meh! screw trading anyone.
get rid of Murray and this team will be good to go!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:51 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8109
Location: Long Island, NY
maybe we can get a 1st round pick from them....

oh wait, yeah.

Burke is a dumbass. As painful as it is right now being a Blues fan, at least we're not Leafs fans.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
glen a richter wrote:
maybe we can get a 1st round pick from them....

oh wait, yeah.

Burke is a dumbass. As painful as it is right now being a Blues fan, at least we're not Leafs fans.


:plusplus: :plusplus:

Leafs fans may not realize it, but Burke is burning that team slowly. They will be in shambles when Burke is finally revealed as a bumbling idiot in Toronto and he loses his job.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:22 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4867
Location: Phi Alpha
I really think that it would be suicide to trade Petro for a "win now." The defense is obviously still a few years from cup caliber, but you don't trade Petro to speed it up, that's not an answer. From what I've seen of Petro, he's already got steady positional play and will be huge in keeping around in the future.

The Blues stockpile of picks and prospects is deep enough that, FOR THE RIGHT DEAL, I would be far more willing to part with an offensive prospect, a dman not named Johnson or Pietrangelo and possibly a pick to get that one or two other players that could really start to push this team over the edge.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:32 am 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
Felix wrote:
In this respect what about: Kaberle +Ponikarovsky (approx. 7-8 mil. combined) for Pietro, Brewer and maybe + draft pick (around 7 mil.combined counting Pie's salary).

Basically this deal is about Kaberle for Pietro. Throwing Brewer - is just getting rid of his contract and evening salaries for the deal. Ponikarovsky - is a good 3-4 liner capable of 10-15 goals who could provide depth this season and may stay for the next one in order to fill the gaps when Kariya and Walt leave. Any opinions?

That actually doesn't sound like a bad trade. I think you have Ponikarovsky underrated some. He had 61 points (23g/38a) last year and has 8 goals in 22 games this year. He could definitely provide more offensive support than 10-15 goals and just be a depth guy. Like you said, Kaberle (turning 32 next March) would be the main focus of the trade.

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:32 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
Felix wrote:
In this respect what about: Kaberle +Ponikarovsky (approx. 7-8 mil. combined) for Pietro, Brewer and maybe + draft pick (around 7 mil.combined counting Pie's salary).


Is it wrong that the only reason that I like this trade is because it means dumping Brewer's contract? I would do anything at this point to see him leave this team.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:47 am 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:45 am
Posts: 191
Location: Lviv/Ukraine
Sweetred95ta wrote:
Felix wrote:
In this respect what about: Kaberle +Ponikarovsky (approx. 7-8 mil. combined) for Pietro, Brewer and maybe + draft pick (around 7 mil.combined counting Pie's salary).

Basically this deal is about Kaberle for Pietro. Throwing Brewer - is just getting rid of his contract and evening salaries for the deal. Ponikarovsky - is a good 3-4 liner capable of 10-15 goals who could provide depth this season and may stay for the next one in order to fill the gaps when Kariya and Walt leave. Any opinions?

That actually doesn't sound like a bad trade. I think you have Ponikarovsky underrated some. He had 61 points (23g/38a) last year and has 8 goals in 22 games this year. He could definitely provide more offensive support than 10-15 goals and just be a depth guy. Like you said, Kaberle (turning 32 next March) would be the main focus of the trade.


Well, I just could not expect more from Ponikarovsky under Murray :wink:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:53 am 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:45 am
Posts: 191
Location: Lviv/Ukraine
WaukeeBlues wrote:
I really think that it would be suicide to trade Petro for a "win now." The defense is obviously still a few years from cup caliber, but you don't trade Petro to speed it up, that's not an answer. From what I've seen of Petro, he's already got steady positional play and will be huge in keeping around in the future.

The Blues stockpile of picks and prospects is deep enough that, FOR THE RIGHT DEAL, I would be far more willing to part with an offensive prospect, a dman not named Johnson or Pietrangelo and possibly a pick to get that one or two other players that could really start to push this team over the edge.


OK, so let's just play Petro :wink: wait for 2-3 years untill he matures and untill maybe Berglund, Eller will come up to their potential and then try to win. But in such case it would be better to get rid of Brewer now for whatever we can, trade Kariya to get some picks and (forgive my) tank the season in order to grab some top-end talent instead of missing playoffs and drafting with 14th...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:02 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
Felix wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
I really think that it would be suicide to trade Petro for a "win now." The defense is obviously still a few years from cup caliber, but you don't trade Petro to speed it up, that's not an answer. From what I've seen of Petro, he's already got steady positional play and will be huge in keeping around in the future.

The Blues stockpile of picks and prospects is deep enough that, FOR THE RIGHT DEAL, I would be far more willing to part with an offensive prospect, a dman not named Johnson or Pietrangelo and possibly a pick to get that one or two other players that could really start to push this team over the edge.


OK, so let's just play Petro :wink: wait for 2-3 years untill he matures and untill maybe Berglund, Eller will come up to their potential and then try to win. But in such case it would be better to get rid of Brewer now for whatever we can, trade Kariya to get some picks and (forgive my) tank the season in order to grab some top-end talent instead of missing playoffs and drafting with 14th...



That isn't going to happen, we aren't missing the playoffs this year.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:13 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
section319 wrote:
Felix wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
I really think that it would be suicide to trade Petro for a "win now." The defense is obviously still a few years from cup caliber, but you don't trade Petro to speed it up, that's not an answer. From what I've seen of Petro, he's already got steady positional play and will be huge in keeping around in the future.

The Blues stockpile of picks and prospects is deep enough that, FOR THE RIGHT DEAL, I would be far more willing to part with an offensive prospect, a dman not named Johnson or Pietrangelo and possibly a pick to get that one or two other players that could really start to push this team over the edge.


OK, so let's just play Petro :wink: wait for 2-3 years untill he matures and untill maybe Berglund, Eller will come up to their potential and then try to win. But in such case it would be better to get rid of Brewer now for whatever we can, trade Kariya to get some picks and (forgive my) tank the season in order to grab some top-end talent instead of missing playoffs and drafting with 14th...



That isn't going to happen, we aren't missing the playoffs this year.


Sorry, with how good the conference it is possible. I wouldn't bet against it.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:54 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
No man, it isn't going to happen.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
section319 wrote:
No man, it isn't going to happen.


My head is going to explode....can't tell if.... serious.....

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Trade Speculation
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 1:45 am
Posts: 191
Location: Lviv/Ukraine
I'd like to be wrong but I have that feeling...you know... we'll miss payoffs :?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group