It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:11 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:31 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 8:26 am
Posts: 8685
Location: Hockey God Party Room
per TSN.

Goodbye Laviolette.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:38 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
Well, fack.

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:54 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Springfield, IL
God dammit!!! Why the frack is Murray still in St. Louis??????
Im growing tired of this shit


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:58 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8224
Location: Long Island, NY
The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:45 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 3631
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave
glen a richter wrote:
The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.


Defies all logic?? Really??? Who won last night?? Who is turning this team around lately? SO when they lose, it's because of Murray, and when they win, it's despite him? By that logic, it could be argued that the Detroit Red Wings won all those cups despite Scotty Bowman........

And actually, lightning strikes in the same place aren't unheard of, if conditions are right -- such as radio towers, buildings, etc.

I'm just sayin'....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:53 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
BF44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.


Defies all logic?? Really??? Who won last night?? Who is turning this team around lately? SO when they lose, it's because of Murray, and when they win, it's despite him? By that logic, it could be argued that the Detroit Red Wings won all those cups despite Scotty Bowman........

And actually, lightning strikes in the same place aren't unheard of, if conditions are right -- such as radio towers, buildings, etc.

I'm just sayin'....

I'm not sure you can credit Murray for a spin around goal from basically where the blue line used to be with 18 different kinds of traffic in front of Nabokov. By that point it's just down to hockies players playing hockies. What concerns me more is how we never - except for the Vancouver game, really - play the way we're capable until we've spotted the other team a goal or two. Doesn't that tell you that the team is being told to play with their assholes a little too tight?

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:15 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
That Goddamn Pronger is a coach killer.
BTW, while on the subject, Pronger gives a large part of the credit for his development at the NHL level to Andy Murray X 1000. The great Coach K.

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:43 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Springfield, IL
Im about to shit my pants from the sheer stupidity of this organization


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:46 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 3631
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave
ohio BLUES wrote:
BF44 wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
The fact that Murray is still head coach of this team defies all logic.

Lightning won't strike twice. Last year was an anomaly, and that's not the kind of team this is anyway. They should have 20-30 more goals than they presently have and 5-6 more wins.


Defies all logic?? Really??? Who won last night?? Who is turning this team around lately? SO when they lose, it's because of Murray, and when they win, it's despite him? By that logic, it could be argued that the Detroit Red Wings won all those cups despite Scotty Bowman........

And actually, lightning strikes in the same place aren't unheard of, if conditions are right -- such as radio towers, buildings, etc.

I'm just sayin'....

I'm not sure you can credit Murray for a spin around goal from basically where the blue line used to be with 18 different kinds of traffic in front of Nabokov. By that point it's just down to hockies players playing hockies. What concerns me more is how we never - except for the Vancouver game, really - play the way we're capable until we've spotted the other team a goal or two. Doesn't that tell you that the team is being told to play with their assholes a little too tight?


Well I'm not sure you can blame Murray for that fact that our goal scorers couldn't score a goal into the Gateway Arch from 20 feet, either, so I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 9:46 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8224
Location: Long Island, NY
I'm not entirely sure what Murray has done in his NHL coaching career to warrant such high praise as an elite coach, etc... apart from develop a system that works on a team that's filled with grinders and never advance particularly far in the playoffs. Last years team was a grinding team out of necessity. This years team isn't designed as such.

To effectively proclaim that Murray is doing a fantastic job because of a win which wouldn't have happened save for a last seconds shorty is shortsighted. No matter how crap the coach, a team will win games, and may even make the playoffs. What happens if they get there is another story altogether.

Laviolette has cup experience and now he's gone. I'm tired of this team being a bridesmaid.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:02 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:25 am
Posts: 345
Location: Arnold, MO
SIU LAW wrote:
Goodbye Laviolette.

That blows. :evil:

_________________
I love hockey. Period.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:09 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
Krigloch the Furious wrote:
Im about to shit my pants from the sheer stupidity of this organization

So how many pairs have you already ruined then?

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:36 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1571
Location: Springfield, IL
my washing machine is on constantly.
again, I was doing fine lastnight, and when I woke up. but when I looked at yahoosports and it said nothing about Murray being fired I wanted to cut someone.
If this team had average or shit goalies they would be the worst in the league.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:25 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:39 pm
Posts: 65
all of your opinions matter

_________________
Unofficial LGB Sponsor of glen a richter


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan04, Google [Bot], theohall, Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group