The Bob Essensa Xperience wrote:
...it's to the point where a significant minority of this board seems to WANT the blues to fail, and enjoys it. And the rest, pretty much go along.
Now, we've had two pretty exciting victories in the last 3 days..and there's nothing. No one. It's not dead here, but it's not what it was, either. Game day threads used to routinely hit double digits!
Your expectations were too high coming into a season with an incredibly young and still learning team. Mine were too. But the season is barely 1/3 done, and you're ready to play for draft picks? Criticize all you want, hate the whole team if that's what gets your blocks off - but we're about to pass the Red Wings in the standings for the first time in my grown-up life! GOD! What the hell does it take to squeeze an ounce of excitement out of you people? At least lets rally around the seeming demise of the Wings - surely there's something to get excited about there?
I just want Blues fans to stop expecting, and especially hoping, that the Blues will fail. This board and these fans have become an entire party full of Debbie Downers, and everyone is saying "uh huh" and slowly backing away and leaving you with yourselves. I doubt I can change that, and maybe I'm just nostalgic for the days where it was worth posting, but I had to at least try.
Wow I have so much to say and so much I disagree with here. I'll just address the most recent post.
1. I'm pretty sure I speak for all Blues fans
on this board, that no one has said they ENJOY it when the Blues lose. That doesn't even make sense... "Yay, my team lost to Columbus/Chicago/Nashville again. Awesome!" I think when they say that, it's more of a sarcastic remark, not to be taken literally... going on a limb though... people are pretty tired of seeing their team lose. They beat San Jose and LA, which was awesome, but it's kind of INCONSISTENT. There is no reason why they can't do that day in and out. They beat the best team in the NHL, but then turn around and lose to a crappy one more often than not.
2. GDTs haven't changed much... I know a lot of people use FlashChat or whatever it's called.
3. Something we can agree on, we had high expectations. RIGHTFULLY SO. Blues have been rebuilding for what... 5-6 seasons now? They have a solid group and there is NO reason why they shouldn't be in 3rd in the divsion by the end of the year (or even all year) and no reason why they shouldn't be in a playoff spot RIGHT NOW. As I've read, I can't really see anyone saying that we're playing for draft picks... I believe what they said is "If we keep this up, we'll be playing for draft picks." I don't think anyone WANTS to play for a high draft pick... I just think they're being realisitic.
4. Yes beating Detroit feels great... at all times. But being in front of them in the standings is a bit hindered in my opinion that we're currently BEHIND them in the standings, and every other team in central... game in hand or not... that sucks.
5. Fans are calling for Murray's head and being ignored. I' mnot saying they should fire him for the fans alone, but the results speak for themselves... an inconsistent team with OOGLES of talent not being brought out every night. AND I HATE PLAYING NOT TO LOSE. THAT'S DUMB.
6. I'm not going to turn by back on STL ever, but it's a depressing time to be a Blues fan. Don't get me wrong, when I get back from France in a few weeks, I'll be at a game going crazy. The reason why we're so 'hard' on the team is becuse we all love them so much and know they are so much better than they show.
Edit: Is this Andy Murray posting???
[Dooger] 11:53 pm: Thank God you're here! Some Wings fans were in here trying to have sex with me.