It is currently Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:21 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:10 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: StL/CoMo
Sadly, I won't be getting any for a while.

Dish blacks out the next three games!!

:bert:

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:12 am 
Online
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4536
Location: St. Louis, MO
If the St. Louis Blues think that they can simultaneously claim no responsibility for the current TV situation and continue to pimp Dish at games AND AT THE SAME TIME expect more people to follow their product, they are deluded. I can easily say that I care a lot less about game results this season in part because I can't rely on them being on TV. Instead of upping my season tickets, I'm actually thinking about cutting my package down for next year. Congrats, Blues.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:40 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4819
Location: Phi Alpha
The Chicago Blackhawks' resurgence in popularity (albeit bandwagon in the extreme) should put to rest any moronic notion that putting games on TV actually takes away from game attendance/ interest in the team for all time.

Not that that hasn't been proven before.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:01 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with the Blues organization. They already sold the rights to FSM, FSM simply wants Dish to pay the same extra money that Direct and the cable companies already paid.

That’s like blaming the Blues because I can’t see their games on Verse.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:07 pm 
Online
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4536
Location: St. Louis, MO
Nope. They can believe that it doesn't have anything to do with them. But every time I go to a game and see Dish Network advertising everywhere, I wonder why I'm paying for an organization that's willing to advertise a network that refuses to air their games. Then again, I'm not missing said games as much as I used to miss them, so I guess they'll see how that goes.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:01 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:40 am
Posts: 1521
Location: Wasting your tax dollars
DaDitka wrote:
It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with the Blues organization. They already sold the rights to FSM, FSM simply wants Dish to pay the same extra money that Direct and the cable companies already paid.

That’s like blaming the Blues because I can’t see their games on Verse.


Wrong.

The Blues contracted with FSM to broadcast 70whatever games this season. Not 70whatever games if you can restructure your own contract and 40something if you don't. The Blues sold their games with either the implied or explicit agreement that FSM would broadcast them over ALL of their current contracted providers. By not forcing FSM to stand up to the original intention of the contract, they are directly involved in not getting their own games out to their fans.

_________________
Spent my money, teasing me honey, what should I do?
When you gonna show me, I think you owe me, come on baby, see it through.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 3:29 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
Dish network is just being merciful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:05 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4819
Location: Phi Alpha
kodos wrote:
Dish network is just being merciful.


This.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Dry Spell
PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 6:53 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Storm13 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
It's simple business and totally separate from anything else.

This has NOTHING to do with the Blues organization. They already sold the rights to FSM, FSM simply wants Dish to pay the same extra money that Direct and the cable companies already paid.

That’s like blaming the Blues because I can’t see their games on Verse.


Wrong.

The Blues contracted with FSM to broadcast 70whatever games this season. Not 70whatever games if you can restructure your own contract and 40something if you don't. The Blues sold their games with either the implied or explicit agreement that FSM would broadcast them over ALL of their current contracted providers. By not forcing FSM to stand up to the original intention of the contract, they are directly involved in not getting their own games out to their fans.


They already struck their deal with Dish. The only repercussions they have is to change the terms on next year’s deal.

These terms and this situation were posted in the paper and on STL.com already this year.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan04, Google [Bot], Kreegz2, Nyghtewynd, Portland Blues, Yahoo [Bot] and 17 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group