listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sat Apr 18, 2015 2:52 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 2:59 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9709
Location: Billings, MT
drwoland wrote:
Did anybody watch the postgame comments from Jackman and Backes?... from the way they were talking, I would guess Berglund, Perron and Oshie are all collectively headed for the bench..


Well that makes all sorts of sense.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:30 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 3631
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave
Perhaps the home record is linked to the escalator?








Just a thought.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:24 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 366
This game is kind of similiar to the game a few years back when Toronto was beating us 5-1, and we came back to win it 6-5. That was considered one of the Blues best comebacks, but even then Toronto still got 1 point; in this game, we got 0. So this game will probably go on Edmonton's highlight real for months to come. Too bad it's against us.


Is it just me or did Conklin give up some really fluky goals in the third period? While nowhere near as bad, it reminded me of the game when Lalime had that goal deflect off his back and into the net. Maybe I'm just overgeneralizing; maybe Conklin had no chance, but they just seemed fluky to me.

_________________
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:53 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 3631
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave
xbleed83bluex wrote:
Is it just me or did Conklin give up some really fluky goals in the third period? While nowhere near as bad, it reminded me of the game when Lalime had that goal deflect off his back and into the net. Maybe I'm just overgeneralizing; maybe Conklin had no chance, but they just seemed fluky to me.


From what I recall (because my therapist won't allow me to watch highlights) the ones that weren't fluky (going in off of a skate, etc.) were ones where he had no chance due to extremely poor defensive zone coverage.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 5:40 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
After re-watching the low-lites, I have decided to go postal.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:12 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7972
Location: Long Island, NY
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
I am sick of this. It seriously boggles my mind that Andy Murray is still coaching this team. Any other city he would already have a chartered flight to Nowheresville.


I'm beginning to suspect that Andy Murray the tennis player would do a better job than Andy Murray the "hockey" coach.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:12 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:03 pm
Posts: 3631
Location: The estrogen-free hockey-watching man-cave
ProngerBlues44 wrote:
After re-watching the low-lites, I have decided to go postal.

So you can help with my Christmas cards going out on time?


Just wonderin'.....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:12 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
glen a richter wrote:
Andy Murray the "hockey" coach.



There's a 'HOCKEY' coach named Andy Murray?

I wonder if we could get him insted of our Andy Murray?

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:36 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20339
Location: Center Ice
xbleed83bluex wrote:
This game is kind of similiar to the game a few years back when Toronto was beating us 5-1, and we came back to win it 6-5. That was considered one of the Blues best comebacks, but even then Toronto still got 1 point; in this game, we got 0. So this game will probably go on Edmonton's highlight real for months to come. Too bad it's against us.


No, Toronto didn't get a point in that game. That was before the shootout and OTL point rule was enacted post-lockout.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:20 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:50 am
Posts: 1467
Location: Saint Charles, MO
cprice12 wrote:
xbleed83bluex wrote:
This game is kind of similiar to the game a few years back when Toronto was beating us 5-1, and we came back to win it 6-5. That was considered one of the Blues best comebacks, but even then Toronto still got 1 point; in this game, we got 0. So this game will probably go on Edmonton's highlight real for months to come. Too bad it's against us.


No, Toronto didn't get a point in that game. That was before the shootout and OTL point rule was enacted post-lockout.


We were losing 5-0 in that game with about 13 minutes left.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group