listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:16 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:54 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2453
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 11:38 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4799
Location: Phi Alpha
At least Berglund is back. Or should have his confidence back anyway

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 9:22 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 11:50 am
Posts: 1467
Location: Saint Charles, MO
section319 wrote:
Bad third period, defense has to be stronger on that last goal and Mason is gonna want a couple of those back.

And Perron continues to get bullshit minutes and somehow Brewer got out of this game even.


You forgot to add how shitty Jackman was tonight: bad pass led to a 2-on-1, got beat for a breakaway, and allowed a wide open back door passed that they luckily fanned on in the 1st period, and then got caught up ice for the 2-on-1 that led to the 3rd goal in the 3rd period. He didn't make it out of the game even.

I think this team's biggest problem even with our lack of scoring is defense. We can't get the puck out of our own end or spring any quick breakout or transition passes. I think Murray feels he needs to pack it in defensively as well to compensate for our lack of quality defensemen.

Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:50 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:

Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?



You mean it's not becasue Murray is a genius and kept sitting the kid and then skating him with a bunch of no talent hacks?

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7973
Location: Long Island, NY
DaDitka wrote:
JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:

Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?



You mean it's not becasue Murray is a genius and kept sitting the kid and then skating him with a bunch of no talent hacks?


I don't understand why this team employs as many no talent hacks as it does. I know the kids are raw, but there's 10 times the talent down at Peoria than there is on the NHL level grinder lines. Their talent is being pissed away by the crap goaltending of Bishop and Toivonen. Put them on a team with better goaltending (most of the time) and watch them flourish. And shift Junland to a forward position.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:56 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
JWatt (formerly PMS) wrote:
section319 wrote:
Bad third period, defense has to be stronger on that last goal and Mason is gonna want a couple of those back.

And Perron continues to get bullshit minutes and somehow Brewer got out of this game even.


You forgot to add how shitty Jackman was tonight: bad pass led to a 2-on-1, got beat for a breakaway, and allowed a wide open back door passed that they luckily fanned on in the 1st period, and then got caught up ice for the 2-on-1 that led to the 3rd goal in the 3rd period. He didn't make it out of the game even.

I think this team's biggest problem even with our lack of scoring is defense. We can't get the puck out of our own end or spring any quick breakout or transition passes. I think Murray feels he needs to pack it in defensively as well to compensate for our lack of quality defensemen.

Guess what, Berglund actually starts producing once he gets paired with at least one decent linemate and gets 15 minutes in a game. Who knew?



That's nothing new though, Jackman is pretty bad on most nights. As well, as our defenseman turning the puck over trying to make breakout passes that they shouldn't even be thinking about let alone attempting. I think our scoring would improve greatly with better transition from the defenseman to forwards, obviously, but I think we need a solid puck moving d-man just as much as a scoring forward. EJ and Petro will be there one day, but I think that would be a real key to improving this team tremendously right now, I think our forwards can get it done if they were able to transition better and that starts with the defense.


And I still don't understand why Murray insists on putting Crombeen with Berglund and Perron. At least Steen would bring some kind of offensive upside to that line that Crombeen doesn't. How does he justify having Steen on the power play, but then puts him on a fourth line with McClement and Winchester. And take Tkachuk off that line with McDonald and Boyes, that's almost as bad as having Crombeen with DP and Bergs.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:14 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9709
Location: Billings, MT
STLADOGG wrote:
well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw


Boyes had a good night? Yea, he had 2 assists but he probably should have had 2 goals as well. There was at least two good scoring chances he had that imploded into nothing. That was the difference of the game.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:32 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
ViPeRx007 wrote:
STLADOGG wrote:
well....boyes hada good night mason sukd ballz just lik about every1 else exexpt mac and bergy 3 straight games with goals 4 bergy btw


Boyes had a good night? Yea, he had 2 assists but he probably should have had 2 goals as well. There was at least two good scoring chances he had that imploded into nothing. That was the difference of the game.


Yeah, he just hasn't been able to finish like he usually can. He usually misses the net a lot, but usually he has streaks of being able to finish and score, he just can't this season. He is still leading the team in points so I can't really get too mad at him.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2078
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
Yeah one thing that has just been AWFUL this year is Boyes's finishing touch. He either fans, whiffs, falls down, or shoots it right into the goalie. It's good that he's making lots of passes, but that commercial with John Hamm talking about how Boyes always finds the back of the net is just a joke at this point.

He needs to just spend a practice onetiming and shooting at close range with people in his face. Or even just rushing towards him, because a lot of times he whiffs while he's WIDE open.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group