It is currently Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:21 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:03 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
What a hot load of sh!t that game was.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:03 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4529
Location: St. Louis, MO
Season's over, kids. Blow it up and start over.

Fat Man, your first attempt at rebuilding has officially failed. Justify your continued employment.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:04 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
Predicted it after the Blues gave up the first goal to em.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:18 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 1787
Location: bfe
Phukit. I'm a caps fan.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:13 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1550
Location: Springfield, IL
Nyghtewynd wrote:
Season's over, kids. Blow it up and start over.


agreeing with this. ^


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:09 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 2634
Location: Mizzou
stlmark wrote:
:facepalm: Is it :thumbsupcards: time yet?



I sure hope not, I'd rather watch a Blues team not win a game than an undefeated Cards team and I don't really dislike baseball too much, I just get really sick of the obsession with the Cardinals in St. Louis ( :deadhorse: ..I know..)

Carl Racki wrote:
Phukit. I'm a caps fan.


Fag.
Nyghtewynd wrote:

Fat Man, your first attempt at rebuilding has officially failed. Justify your continued employment.


Give me a break, you really expected 3 LATE first rounders to carry this team three years after being drafted, give me a break. Not to mention that our vets aren't very good, neither is our defense really, it is going to take longer to get these kids to be consistent. I really wish we wouldn't have made the play-offs last year when I see posts like this.


:facepalm:



But yeah, the Blues suck, again.. :letsgoblues:

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:58 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4529
Location: St. Louis, MO
Abused Fan Syndrome at its finest. You think you deserve it.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:59 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
6 points out 8th place. I'm not counting them out unless they really start to tank. But when they cant sustain a 3 goal lead in the 3rd period they don't deserve to make the playoffs then.

I'm not ready to fall asleep watching the Cardinals.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:24 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
section319 wrote:
Give me a break, you really expected 3 LATE first rounders to carry this team three years after being drafted, give me a break. Not to mention that our vets aren't very good, neither is our defense really, it is going to take longer to get these kids to be consistent. I really wish we wouldn't have made the play-offs last year when I see posts like this.




This :plusplus:

I thought from the minute it happened that making the playoffs last year was terrible for this organization.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:21 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17112
They're just not confident enough yet. When we see them kicking ass, roughing people up, talking tons of sh1t.....that's when we'll know they are ready to clamp down and win games in the third.

We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...

Until some of these kids step up and take on those roles, this team will keep blowing leads like this.

SO, we need to roll 4 lines. I know people will piss and moan about it, but if you want this team to progress as a unified whole, you MUST roll 4 lines the entire game. Forget matchups, forget the playoffs. Roll 4 lines THE ENTIRE GAME and encourage them to start shit. Eat some losses in the process. Who cares? It will pay off in the long run.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:39 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
goon attack wrote:
We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...



Salvador is the one that really hurts there. I keep hoping Polak will play that way more consistently.

I offered to take Jamal’s bags to the airport for him.

I agree we need to play much more physically and take the play to our opponents, but simply ‘starting shit’ isn’t going to get you anywhere.

You need to bring physicality to your game, not just go out there to simply try and hit people. Hit them while playing. A Drake or Corson type player is what you’re looking for and if you can get enough guys like that you don’t have to worry about shortening your bench because you have to dress guys like Cam or Reid.

David Perron may be small, but he plays with an edge and that will draw penalties. Obviously Backes brings physical play to the ice. Bergie should use his size more, he’s never going to ‘muck it up’, but he needs to play stronger on the boards (he actually checks more than most would think). The one that really bothers me is….where the hell is the TJ Oshie we saw last year?

These are the ones we need to bring it. Paulie, Andy, Boyes are what they are and you’re not going to change that.

You’ll notice that when we were winning a week ago it was guys like BJ and Winchester that were rolling.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:52 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
What the shit is this shitty team?

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:59 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17112
DaDitka wrote:
goon attack wrote:
We let several quality tough guys go over the last few years: Mayers, Salvy, Low, Drake etc...



Salvador is the one that really hurts there. I keep hoping Polak will play that way more consistently.

I offered to take Jamal’s bags to the airport for him.

I agree we need to play much more physically and take the play to our opponents, but simply ‘starting shit’ isn’t going to get you anywhere.

You need to bring physicality to your game, not just go out there to simply try and hit people. Hit them while playing. A Drake or Corson type player is what you’re looking for and if you can get enough guys like that you don’t have to worry about shortening your bench because you have to dress guys like Cam or Reid.

David Perron may be small, but he plays with an edge and that will draw penalties. Obviously Backes brings physical play to the ice. Bergie should use his size more, he’s never going to ‘muck it up’, but he needs to play stronger on the boards (he actually checks more than most would think). The one that really bothers me is….where the hell is the TJ Oshie we saw last year?

These are the ones we need to bring it. Paulie, Andy, Boyes are what they are and you’re not going to change that.

You’ll notice that when we were winning a week ago it was guys like BJ and Winchester that were rolling.


I largely agree with your take but perhaps I didn't articulate mine clearly.

When we see them starting more shit, that's when we know they are on the right track. that's the point. They're being too timid. I am not saying that by merely starting shit they will get better, although it will build unity.

I'll say it again: THEY NEED TO BE ASSHOLES OUT THERE. The opponents should not be able to count on in the 3rd period not being hit and the D backing in on each rush. They should be just as worried about getting smeared and getting their asses kicked in the last 10 minutes as in the first 10 minutes of each game.

They're not doing that. Sure, a few guys are manning up, like BJ, Backes & Winchester, but I want to see it ACROSS THE BOARD and ACROSS 60 minutes.

What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition. If you take a penalty, who the hell cares? We're blowing what should be airtight leads anyway!

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:57 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
Quote:
What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.


Why this isn't happening is beyond me.

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:09 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Long Island, NY
The level of suck is uncanny.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:47 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:45 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: The Penalty Box
Has Eric Brewer ever shot a puck in his life? He had about 16 opportunities in the third to take a slapshot from the point but refused.

_________________
2009-10 LGB Sponsor of Davis "Major" Payne
2010-11 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2011-12 LGB Sponsor of NHL All-Star Brian Elliott
2012-13 LGB Sponsor of Jaroslav Halak

St. Louis Blues writer for InsideSTL.com


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:11 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9709
Location: Billings, MT
Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

:cup:

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:20 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

:cup:


Hell if its in the game then it could happen in real life. :roll:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:32 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Don't worry guys, I know what to do to right this ship: go out and get Ovechkin, Crosby and Kovalchuk. It's not that hard, I just did it on NHL 10.

:cup:

OMG fire LEERY hire Viperz!!

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:39 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17112
stlbluz wrote:
Quote:
What I'd like to see it one of our guys PUMMELING an opposing player with 5 minutes left. Seeing a teammate crumpled on the ice with a face full of blood will create some doubt in the opposition.


Why this isn't happening is beyond me.



regarding physical play, it's like with 10 minutes left they're just trying to run out the clock. I think things should be turned up a notch in that situation because any team worth its salt will be doing that trying to score.

It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't. Old line, yes, but it's appropriate here methinks.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group