It is currently Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:25 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: GDT: USA v. Switzerland
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:00 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 170
GDT? Why the hell not.

Backes with a big hit to set up goal number 1 for USA. Then Backes goes coast to cost and schools Hiller for the goal!

Great game so far for #42.

2-0 good guys...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:03 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:46 pm
Posts: 170
Now E.J. sets up the play that leads to the 3-0 lead. Our blue boys are looking good out there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:30 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Indiana?
Is there a better place to see some live scores of the games?
http://www.vancouver2010.com sucks balls for updates. It's ugly as hell and I can't follow... Maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows...

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:45 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:42 am
Posts: 1031
Location: Under the sun.....NOW
abc789987 wrote:
Is there a better place to see some live scores of the games?
http://www.vancouver2010.com sucks balls for updates. It's ugly as hell and I can't follow... Maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows...


http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html

Streaming the game.

_________________
Official sponsor of the ASCII Sig.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:08 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1934
Location: Indiana?
stlloki wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
Is there a better place to see some live scores of the games?
http://www.vancouver2010.com sucks balls for updates. It's ugly as hell and I can't follow... Maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows...


http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html

Streaming the game.

Yeah but when I'm at work I don't feel like I can get away with having a video feed open all day, but a little stat tracker I don't care about.

Plus I have to enter my cable provider information to get the streaming and it would take me forever to find that information.

But I'm home now so I can just watch it on TV!
*edit* well fack, it's over....

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20618
Location: Center Ice
abc789987 wrote:
stlloki wrote:
abc789987 wrote:
Is there a better place to see some live scores of the games?
http://www.vancouver2010.com sucks balls for updates. It's ugly as hell and I can't follow... Maybe I'm just an idiot, who knows...


http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/live-full-replays.html

Streaming the game.

Yeah but when I'm at work I don't feel like I can get away with having a video feed open all day, but a little stat tracker I don't care about.

Plus I have to enter my cable provider information to get the streaming and it would take me forever to find that information.

But I'm home now so I can just watch it on TV!
*edit* well fack, it's over....


All you have to do is say who your provider is and enter your username and password. You could probably even create a new account if you can't remember your info.

Took me 30 seconds.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:06 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5007
Location: Phi Alpha
Man, I kind of forget just how many star power names the USA has. Obviously it's nothing to compare with Canada but still.

Now they just got to play team hockey somehow.

Overall good game, that let down at the end was not encouraging. The Swiss could've buried 3-4 more of those chances they got throughout the game. Hopefully with more playing time around each other it'll clean up.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:10 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
Who is the Backes player? I wish the Blues had a player like this... :lol:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:22 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6800
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I thought EJ played on helluva game and that end-to-end rush by Backes on that goal was vintage Dave. Good stuff. Would have liked to see a better 3rd period, but these players have only had one practice and one game to get acquainted so I'm not too worried just yet.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:44 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20618
Location: Center Ice
dmiles2186 wrote:
I thought EJ played on helluva game and that end-to-end rush by Backes on that goal was vintage Dave. Good stuff. Would have liked to see a better 3rd period, but these players have only had one practice and one game to get acquainted so I'm not too worried just yet.


On XM Home Ice this morning, they said Team USA didn't practice at all and only had a team meeting before the game since they had just arrived in Vancouver the day before.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:47 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I thought EJ played on helluva game and that end-to-end rush by Backes on that goal was vintage Dave. Good stuff. Would have liked to see a better 3rd period, but these players have only had one practice and one game to get acquainted so I'm not too worried just yet.


On XM Home Ice this morning, they said Team USA didn't practice at all and only had a team meeting before the game since they had just arrived in Vancouver the day before.



No more practice for the Backes the rest of the year!

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:29 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6800
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cprice12 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
I thought EJ played on helluva game and that end-to-end rush by Backes on that goal was vintage Dave. Good stuff. Would have liked to see a better 3rd period, but these players have only had one practice and one game to get acquainted so I'm not too worried just yet.


On XM Home Ice this morning, they said Team USA didn't practice at all and only had a team meeting before the game since they had just arrived in Vancouver the day before.


Hmm...really? Didn't know that. I just heard David Backes say during his 2nd intermission with Pierre McGuire that their first practice together was "not very good" so he wasn't surprised by the rust of the 1st period, so I assumed that they had just one practice together.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:37 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5007
Location: Phi Alpha
In a sense I understand why the NHL made the break for the Olympics as short as possible by playing right up to the last minute, but I'm feeling more and more that the way they did it was quite ridiculous. I don't think two or three more days off in between for these guys would've caused the end of the universe. :roll:

Pretty sh*tty the way they did it if you ask me.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:11 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3368
Location: Anywhere but here
I think it's fine. They can figure it out as they play. It's not like the players needed a two week training camp to get into hockey shape or learn how to play. They have the prelims to figure out their teams and go from there.

And that Backes goal... wow, that defender sucked - did he actually think that because Backes played on the 4th line he wouldn't take the puck to the net or something? He just went around that guy like he was cone, lmao.

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group