listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:44 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:01 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4512
Location: St. Louis, MO
Yep...Tuesday. Trading deadline Thursday.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:27 pm 
Online
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6599
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
glen a richter wrote:
The country which scores more goals will probably win.

To compare this matchup to the 1980 Miracle is ludicrous. I'm sorry, but there was no goddam way USA was beating the Soviets, and then they went ahead and beat them anyway. That was kids against Goliaths who trained professionally for the Soviet empire. This is American pros against Canadian pros. There's no comparison between the two games.


Not sure if you thought I was comparing the two or not, I simply was. Just showing videos of all USA triumphs I could find. But the folks who did were off their rocker. USA showed up to play today. Heckuva game. Ryan Miller is my new favorite non-Blue. The guy was unstoppable. He won't accept that since they didn't win Gold. Was quite a run.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:34 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7858
Location: Long Island, NY
I'm just glad that they can resume playing real games now.

Pros in the Olympics is outrageous.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:44 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 4619
Location: Portland, OR
Great game. Where was Backes at the end of the game and OT. I didn't see him on the ice at all.

And why was the USA team so timid in OT? No sense of urgency. Put some shots on net...Luongo was shakey.

_________________

To disagree, one doesn't have to be disagreeable.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 6:00 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4512
Location: St. Louis, MO
I don't recall, but I'm not finding any ice time charts for the game, either.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:24 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4759
Location: Phi Alpha
Why, oh why oh why oh why did it have to be Sidney Crosby that scored that last goal?

I'm surprised you couldn't see Gary Bettman's boner from the ice. Then the camera crews zoom in on Crosby I think about 50 times before they actually bothered to show the rest of the Canadian team even once. I wanted to throw up. I would hate him a lot less if everyone else disliked him more.

But srsly: USA, nothing but proud. You nearly beat the best team in the world, again, on their own ice. That last second goal was amazing, they played with energy and passion all night.... just amazing. Even people that never watch hockey were texting me off the hook saying what a great game it was. Gold or not- they played their asses off.

Canada: Congratulations, it was great to see your fans deservedly get to win the gold again and seeing the electricity in the air. If USA won, everyone here would care about about 2 weeks and forget about it, but everyone up north will treasure this for a long, long time. Congrats!

Great tournament, and Bettman is a f*cking a$$hole. Pros for the olympics, 2014.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:47 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 2950
Location: Yorktown, VA
For the next 4 years, Canada can only talk about being gold medal winners in overtime.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:11 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Why, oh why oh why oh why did it have to be Sidney Crosby that scored that last goal?

I'm surprised you couldn't see Gary Bettman's boner from the ice. Then the camera crews zoom in on Crosby I think about 50 times before they actually bothered to show the rest of the Canadian team even once. I wanted to throw up. I would hate him a lot less if everyone else disliked him more.

But srsly: USA, nothing but proud. You nearly beat the best team in the world, again, on their own ice. That last second goal was amazing, they played with energy and passion all night.... just amazing. Even people that never watch hockey were texting me off the hook saying what a great game it was. Gold or not- they played their asses off.

Canada: Congratulations, it was great to see your fans deservedly get to win the gold again and seeing the electricity in the air. If USA won, everyone here would care about about 2 weeks and forget about it, but everyone up north will treasure this for a long, long time. Congrats!

Great tournament, and Bettman is a f*cking a$$hole. Pros for the olympics, 2014.


It would have been way better for the league if the United States won. Canada is going to love hockey and support their teams regardless. America winning would have generated a lot of excitement in this country for the sport... and 80% of the NHL is played in the States.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20161
Location: Center Ice
Going into OT, the US had this game. They had all of the momentum and Luongo didn't look like he was 100% on his game. He seemed to be fighting the puck.
All the US had to do was put pressure on Luongo and they had a good shot, but for some reason they played it ridiculously safe in OT.
They seemed to rush shots as soon as they entered the zone or one guy tried to beat three guys all by himself and lose the puck.
WTF?
Very disappointed in how the US played in OT. If you play it safe in 4 on 4 hockey, you are going to lose. Canada is too good and with it being 4 on 4, they had a lot of ice to work with. When you get the puck, you've got to set up plays and work the puck around or look for a guy breaking behind the defense...the US did none of that.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:53 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cprice12 wrote:
Very disappointed in how the US played in OT. If you play it safe in 4 on 4 hockey, you are going to lose. Canada is too good and with it being 4 on 4, they had a lot of ice to work with. When you get the puck, you've got to set up plays and work the puck around or look for a guy breaking behind the defense...the US did none of that.



Exactly. When it went to 4 on 4 we were at a real disadvantage to the Canadian skaters anyways but to then shorten the bench like that and play that conservative......it was merely a matter of time until we lost.


The US squad should be very proud of themselves, and that should be the least satisfying gold medal for the Canadians one could imagine. Considering how they were supposed to be that much better than everyone else and playing at home to struggle as they did in so many games, I believe they’ve really got to rethink how they built that team. A lot was made about how Burke said he was building a ‘team’ not simply an all-star roster, and in the end it appeared that while Canada did take home the gold, they may be well served to take a little of Burk’s approach when constructing their next international team.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:45 am 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:00 pm
Posts: 166
usa...usa...usa.....

_________________
"Can't wait till 50 posts, so I can create a new topic!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cardsfan04, dmiles2186 and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group