It is currently Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:04 am 
Online
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3229
Location: Portland Orygun
cprice12 wrote:

It's odd at first, but the avatars on the right just take some getting used to. Let's give it a a go for a while.


No.




:P


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:09 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
What's this cms stuff? We can't link right to the Blues forum anymore?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:47 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
kodos wrote:
What's this cms stuff? We can't link right to the Blues forum anymore?


Having the forum outside the CMS and separate from the rest of the site was a pain in the ass for me. It was twice as much work whenever the site was updated.

And you can link to whatever you want. What do you mean you can't link right to the Blues forum anymore?

The only thing about this whole setup that I don't like is that the forum doesn't expand the CMS vertically. Since the forum sits inside the CMS, a fixed height is set for the area for the forum because auto height doesn't work and it doesn't expand to the length of the forum/thread page, so a scroll bar is on the site to the right. That will be addressed in time. Right now it's a bit wonky to fix. I'm looking around to see what some others have done. A lot of folks are interested in that feature who have phpbb forums in joomla sites, but there are few viable solutions. I'm always looking at ways to tweak the site and make it better...so we'll see what I can do about it.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:38 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
I was setting up my bookmarks from scratch on a new computer. When I go to legsgoblues.com, click on forum, and click on the STL Blues Discussion forum, this is the URL

http://www.letsgoblues.com/cms/index.php/forums

No matter what thread you go into, or what you do, this is always the URL.

If you bookmark, it always takes you to the top level of the forum, rather than right to the General Discusion board like I would like.

At work, my bookmark URL is...

viewforum.php?f=2

...and it works fine. Clicking on individual threads generates actual URLs for those threads.

But if I go to the main site and go to the boards, it gives me the same CMS stuff. No custom URLs.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:02 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
You can get URL's to specific forums and threads by right clicking on the forum name or thread title and opening it in a new tab or window. That will blast the forum out of the cms.
Then bookmark that.
You'll lose the site header and navigation though...and you won't have direct access to our amazing content on the home page. 8)

Again, this stems from the issue of having a phpbb forum inside this cms. It's not ideal...and like I said, I'll work with it when I have some time. It will be addressed and improved eventually. I did quite a bit of research on it a while back and didn't find a viable solution. It's an open source CMS and also the most popular CMS, aside from maybe Wordpress...so a solution should happen sooner or later as a lot of folks want this addressed.

Sometimes it takes quite a while to address issues and site fixes due to my schedule or software limitations or whatever, but I always come through eventually, right? :wink:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:38 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
Fixed the auto height issue of the forum.
The forum should now extend down 100% of the height of that particular thread.
If it doesn't, hit refresh and go back into it...your browser could be pulling cached info.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Anywhere but here
I am having issues displaying the forums. Have cleared my cache, restarted the browser, and still having the issue.

I can only see one of two posts in a given thread.

One time I couldn't see any of the forums. Clicked the tab and the page was blank except for the header and footer.

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
I am having issues displaying the forums. Have cleared my cache, restarted the browser, and still having the issue.

I can only see one of two posts in a given thread.

One time I couldn't see any of the forums. Clicked the tab and the page was blank except for the header and footer.


I have noticed that in some threads it may take quite a while to load the whole thread. In IE it will look like it's done loading, but it isn't...and it will eventually load. In Chrome and Firefox it will spin until done...but again, in some threads it takes quite a while.
Odd.
I'll look into it.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:44 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
cprice12 wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
I am having issues displaying the forums. Have cleared my cache, restarted the browser, and still having the issue.

I can only see one of two posts in a given thread.

One time I couldn't see any of the forums. Clicked the tab and the page was blank except for the header and footer.


I have noticed that in some threads it may take quite a while to load the whole thread. In IE it will look like it's done loading, but it isn't...and it will eventually load. In Chrome and Firefox it will spin until done...but again, in some threads it takes quite a while.
Odd.
I'll look into it.


I have changed it back until I can figure out what the issue is.
It's always something. :evil:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:05 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3364
Location: Anywhere but here
Thank you, Curt!

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: StL/CoMo
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:09 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
Winning Unlimited wrote:
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!


:okman:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:09 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
philco_3 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!


:okman:


:plusplus:

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
Site is now at auto height and will extend down the length of the threads, so no scrolling within a frame.

Hopefully this fix isn't buggy like the last one.

Let me know if you guys have any issues.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:00 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:52 am
Posts: 108
Location: Biel, Bern
DaDitka wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!


:okman:


:plusplus:


If this is the same thing as the LGB-Booster-thing back in the days, I support curt as well. Since I'm here since like 1998 or so and did not post for like 6-8 years but always read in here, I'd love to be an LGB-Booster again 8)

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Paul Stastny


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:00 pm
Posts: 1893
Location: Indiana?
Jaykay wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!


:okman:


:plusplus:


If this is the same thing as the LGB-Booster-thing back in the days, I support curt as well. Since I'm here since like 1998 or so and did not post for like 6-8 years but always read in here, I'd love to be an LGB-Booster again 8)

Pretty sure they were talking about this.

_________________
...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:22 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
abc789987 wrote:
Jaykay wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
Winning Unlimited wrote:
Sponsorships. Lets get this going!!


:okman:


:plusplus:


If this is the same thing as the LGB-Booster-thing back in the days, I support curt as well. Since I'm here since like 1998 or so and did not post for like 6-8 years but always read in here, I'd love to be an LGB-Booster again 8)

Pretty sure they were talking about this.


abc is correct.
However, I'll be revamping the LGB Booster thing and putting it out there again.
It's on my list of things to do...along with a site shop.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:36 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
cprice12 wrote:
I'll be revamping the LGB Booster thing and putting it out there again.
It's on my list of things to do...along with a site shop.


I'm willing to autograph some merchandise it that will help.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20351
Location: Center Ice
DaDitka wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I'll be revamping the LGB Booster thing and putting it out there again.
It's on my list of things to do...along with a site shop.


I'm willing to autograph some merchandise it that will help.


I'm holding you to that.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Site Suggestions?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6661
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
The format on the Let's Go Cards board is way off. Just thought I'd mention it, Curt. I know you are busy and only a few of us frequent that area, so no rush, just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], H-Town Blues, KrustyKevo, Nyghtewynd, PGABluesFan, Portland Blues, Robb_K, STLADOGG, theohall, Yahoo [Bot] and 26 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group