It is currently Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Blues USA Flag Sticker?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:25 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
I've been looking for a certain sticker for a long time and have so far been unsuccessful.
I've seen it on a few vehicles driving around StL, so i think it exists for purchase, unless different people are custom making the same sticker...
Its exactly the same as stlbluz's avatar...this one...
Image
The ones i've seen are probably 4"x4" or maybe 5"x5".
I know they have a similar (although pretty hokey) one at the bluenote shop, it is the normal note, not 'waving'. This is not the one i'm looking for.

Any ideas?

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:06 pm
Posts: 3759
Location: StL/CoMo
I have a blue note on my car. Got it from blue note shop. About, $3-5 maybe? Got it at scottrade.

_________________
Official 2014-15 LGB Sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:26 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
Winning Unlimited wrote:
I have a blue note on my car. Got it from blue note shop. About, $3-5 maybe? Got it at scottrade.


Great story.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:45 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
stinkdified wrote:
I've been looking for a certain sticker for a long time and have so far been unsuccessful.
I've seen it on a few vehicles driving around StL, so i think it exists for purchase, unless different people are custom making the same sticker...
Its exactly the same as stlbluz's avatar...this one...
Image
The ones i've seen are probably 4"x4" or maybe 5"x5".
I know they have a similar (although pretty hokey) one at the bluenote shop, it is the normal note, not 'waving'. This is not the one i'm looking for.

Any ideas?


Yeah the one at the Scott also has a mirrored/metallic finish to it that I don't like.

I used to have one just like the one at the Scott without that finish that I've been looking for everywhere and can not find either.

As for the 'wavey' one that your are looking for....sorry, I've never seen it. Not in a store, not online...not even on a car.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:20 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3131
Have you thought about running it through one of those picture search sites? You can upload a picture and it will scan the internet for a picture that matches it.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:22 pm
Posts: 1054
Location: O'Fallon or TOP SHELF
Never seen that one and I go through the shop every game I go to.

_________________
Image

Official Sponsor of "The Barn"
2013-2014 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2012-2013 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2011-2012 Official Sponsor of David "Captain America" Backes
2010-2011 Official Sponsor of Brad Winchester
2009-2010 Official Sponsor of Paul Kariya


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:24 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20427
Location: Center Ice
A reverse image search at http://www.tineye.com came up with nothing.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:00 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
You know what would make that sticker more awesome? Three wolves howling at the moon in the background, with the Blue Angels flying above in teh missing man formation, and Ken Hitchcock's face superimposed on the moon, and the moon sitting in the Stanley Cup.
You know what would make it more awesome than that? Absolutely nothing.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
fargoblues wrote:
You know what would make it more awesome than that?


Air brushing it on a white wife-beater (a-shirt).

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:22 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
fargoblues wrote:
You know what would make that sticker more awesome? Three wolves howling at the moon in the background, with the Blue Angels flying above in teh missing man formation, and Ken Hitchcock's face superimposed on the moon, and the moon sitting in the Stanley Cup.
You know what would make it more awesome than that? Absolutely nothing.
DaDitka wrote:
Air brushing it on a white wife-beater (a-shirt).
lol, i should make one of each version.

ugh, i guess i'm going to look into making some of these, I've wanted one for long enough now...I figured if anybody would know where to find one it would be you mofos.

Aaaanyway, if i do, i'm sure i'll make more than a few.
I'll have to doctor that image significantly as it is 50x50, unless stlbluz has a larger size of the image... :?
Update to follow...as i'm onsite for work, probably later than sooner, but i will get to this.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3367
Location: Anywhere but here
Have you thought to call the team and ask someone in marketing or pr? Pretty sure they would know... unless it is a pirated property.

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:43 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
stinkdified wrote:
fargoblues wrote:
You know what would make that sticker more awesome? Three wolves howling at the moon in the background, with the Blue Angels flying above in teh missing man formation, and Ken Hitchcock's face superimposed on the moon, and the moon sitting in the Stanley Cup.
You know what would make it more awesome than that? Absolutely nothing.
DaDitka wrote:
Air brushing it on a white wife-beater (a-shirt).
lol, i should make one of each version.

ugh, i guess i'm going to look into making some of these, I've wanted one for long enough now...I figured if anybody would know where to find one it would be you mofos.

Aaaanyway, if i do, i'm sure i'll make more than a few.
I'll have to doctor that image significantly as it is 50x50, unless stlbluz has a larger size of the image... :?
Update to follow...as i'm onsite for work, probably later than sooner, but i will get to this.


Or maybe have someone draw up a completely original pic based off the picture?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
Prngr44 wrote:
Or maybe have someone draw up a completely original pic based off the picture?
Yeah, i was planning on more-or-less recreating it in photoshop, using a blown up copy of the small version as a rough guide.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:41 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
I saw a similar sticker on my drive home yesterday. It was on a silver Mazda, if that's any help.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:17 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
kodos wrote:
I saw a similar sticker on my drive home yesterday. It was on a silver Mazda, if that's any help.

Did the silver Mazda have a gray wolf painted on it?

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:11 pm
Posts: 7331
Location: Edge of my seat
I haven't been on in a couple of days so I'm a little late to this thread. The picture is an original that's why you've been unable to find it. The original had, 'The land of the free.' at the top & 'And the home of the Blues.' at the bottom. We were at war at the time so I felt it was appropriate. I have since cropped the words out & shrunk the image for avatar purposes. Bad news is that I lost the original electronic copy, the good news is I found a printed copy a couple of months ago while cleaning out my office. Been meaning to have a sticker made from it for years so I'll have a few made & let you know when they're done. I promise not to take as much time as it did for me to reply to this thread.

_________________
Image
Official Sponsor of Andy 'Airtime' McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:11 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:22 pm
Posts: 711
Location: SoCo!
stlbluz wrote:
I haven't been on in a couple of days so I'm a little late to this thread. The picture is an original that's why you've been unable to find it. The original had, 'The land of the free.' at the top & 'And the home of the Blues.' at the bottom. We were at war at the time so I felt it was appropriate. I have since cropped the words out & shrunk the image for avatar purposes. Bad news is that I lost the original electronic copy, the good news is I found a printed copy a couple of months ago while cleaning out my office. Been meaning to have a sticker made from it for years so I'll have a few made & let you know when they're done. I promise not to take as much time as it did for me to reply to this thread.
Sweet! I'd be happy to contribute via paypal or similar to help cover the cost (I know a few others that want one also). I guess you could scan the printed copy and retouch it a little, would be easier than re-creating it? It has been a while and I've hardly been in town (ugh, 34 weeks gone last year, shaping up to be the same this year) so hadn't had any time to mess with it. I know enough to be dangerous in photoshop, but it is not my area of expertise (by far, I'm an elec eng, so me even being in photoshop is a scary thought!).

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Alex Pietrangelo
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group