It is currently Mon Aug 31, 2015 4:03 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:39 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20622
Location: Center Ice
theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:
...to maybe a panel of 3-5 people that the intent was there. If you can get a consensus, then dole out the punishment under black and white guidelines. Problem solved.
...

Perhaps there should be an anonymous panel that rotates. That way it won't be the same people all the time. Try to make it fair that way.


A 3 person minimum panel has been one of my arguments all along. The decisions should not be in the hands of one person. Any time there is a single person, the appearance of bias will be a factor. The fact not one single incident involving a hit to the head of a Blues player has been reviewed makes one wonder wtf Shanahan has against St Louis. It may not be true, but it has the appearance of bias. The same problem existed for Campbell with his son playing for the Bruins. If they make it at least a 3-person panel, the issue of bias goes away pretty damn quick.


I would be willing to bet there is a panel of some sort. But Shanny is the head of the operation.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:19 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
cprice12 wrote:
theohall wrote:
goon attack wrote:
...to maybe a panel of 3-5 people that the intent was there. If you can get a consensus, then dole out the punishment under black and white guidelines. Problem solved.
...

Perhaps there should be an anonymous panel that rotates. That way it won't be the same people all the time. Try to make it fair that way.


A 3 person minimum panel has been one of my arguments all along. The decisions should not be in the hands of one person. Any time there is a single person, the appearance of bias will be a factor. The fact not one single incident involving a hit to the head of a Blues player has been reviewed makes one wonder wtf Shanahan has against St Louis. It may not be true, but it has the appearance of bias. The same problem existed for Campbell with his son playing for the Bruins. If they make it at least a 3-person panel, the issue of bias goes away pretty damn quick.


I would be willing to bet there is a panel of some sort. But Shanny is the head of the operation.

Who are the others? Kirk Maltby, Darren McCarty and Kris Draper?

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:05 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
There is a panel.

Also, how in the hell was the McDonald crosscheck into the boards last night not a penalty?

I've seen less dangerous plays than that result in match penalties and suspensions.

That was some cheap crap.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:45 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17159
This Sharks team is led by Thornton, who is a loser, and Marshmarleau, who is a pansy.

If we can't beat these asswipes, we're screwed.

I bet Sharks fans feel the same way about those two as I felt about Tkachuk: that we were never going to win with him in a leadership role.

I'd like to get some Sharks fans perspectives on that.

I think Thornton is a prime example of a guy who is made captain because of his skill/reputation but should not be captain.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:48 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 5:48 pm
Posts: 1658
Location: CoMo, STL, KC
Well the Shaw decision is in: 3 games for the hit on Smith. I, personally, think time served was more than enough. But the league has disagreed and Shaw has been SHANABANNED!

Link

_________________
Official President of the 2011-2012 Sponsorship Committee of the honorable Alex Pietrangelo


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:46 pm 
Online
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3242
BoxCar wrote:
Well the Shaw decision is in: 3 games for the hit on Smith. I, personally, think time served was more than enough. But the league has disagreed and Shaw has been SHANABANNED!

Link


lol shanabanned

I thought it was excessive too. Probably didn't need anything, but 1 game would have been plenty.

So far, we have learned that intentionally smashing a guy's head into the glass because you're mad at him is worth the same as yelling some curse words at somebody before the game. And, making contact with a goalie's head (likely accidentally) when making a sharp turn in close quarters is worth 3 games. And doing shit to the Blues has no punishment.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:57 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
Jeremy Roenick going off on the hit on Hossa simply because Torres left his feet. Cue the double-standard from Shanahan in 3.......2.......................1.........................

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:41 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
fargoblues wrote:
Jeremy Roenick going off on the hit on Hossa simply because Torres left his feet. Cue the double-standard from Shanahan in 3.......2.......................1.........................

Remember when Polak put Hossa in a stretcher when he was a Wing?
Nothing to do with bad hits just good memories.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:55 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
STLADOGG wrote:
Remember when Polak put Hossa in a stretcher when he was a Wing?
Nothing to do with bad hits just good memories.


That was great!

I swear they had to remove Hossa's body with a putty knife!

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:11 am 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:27 pm
Posts: 51
Both the Burns elbow & the galliardi hit were dirty - both shouldn't gotten 1 game suspensions. That's IF they are consistent with these things. Which these are, as sure as I am breathing, anything but consistent.

_________________
http://www.stlbluesunderground.net

- MATT


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], cardsfan04, ComradeT, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group