It is currently Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:06 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Dustin Brown = Douche
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:36 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6676
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach


Case closed. I'm surprised no one has posted about this today. The hit on Petro by Dwight King and now this. Granted, I know a couple of Kings were lit up earlier in the series but it's a cheap play. And then right after that the Kings score the winner to move on to the Cup finals. All due respect to the Kings for dominating the West on the way to the Finals, but I'm pulling for whatever team comes out of the East now.

_________________
Image


Last edited by dmiles2186 on Wed May 23, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:43 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
:plusplus:

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 8:56 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2459
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
My favorite part was when Doan shook his hand and almost got five minutes.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:33 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8000
Location: Long Island, NY
Dude you say you'll pull for whoever comes out of the east on account of the fact you think Dustin Brown is a douche. Wait until you see half the Rangers roster and Tortorella. Hopefully the east rep is the Devils, then I wouldn't feel so bad rooting for them against the Kings. Unless you're a closet Mike Rupp fan, I'm sure if it's Rangers/Kings he can punch Quick in the face right after charging and hooking Kopitar and Brown inside of a 5 second span. That would be so much better.

The east, especially the Rangers, aren't exactly represented by a bunch of Lady Byng candidates.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:55 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20373
Location: Center Ice
I don't like Brown at all. He's flops and dives every chance he gets which is a disgrace to the game, but I don't think that particular play was dirty.
Yes, they hit knees, but he didn't stick his leg out at the last moment to go after Rozsival's knee or anything like that.

Rozsival carelessly cut across the middle at the blue line and didn't have his head up...and Brown let him have it.

I wish it had been a dirty play so Shanahan could suspend him, but I just don't see it.

And I don't get Mike Smith's comments after the game about Brown deserving a lifetime ban. That's just stupid.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:59 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20373
Location: Center Ice
glen a richter wrote:
Dude you say you'll pull for whoever comes out of the east on account of the fact you think Dustin Brown is a douche. Wait until you see half the Rangers roster and Tortorella. Hopefully the east rep is the Devils, then I wouldn't feel so bad rooting for them against the Kings. Unless you're a closet Mike Rupp fan, I'm sure if it's Rangers/Kings he can punch Quick in the face right after charging and hooking Kopitar and Brown inside of a 5 second span. That would be so much better.

The east, especially the Rangers, aren't exactly represented by a bunch of Lady Byng candidates.


I can't stand any of the three teams left.
I can't stand Brown on LA, and I despise NJ's ownership.
Tortarella is a douche. But I don't watch the Rangers enough to comment on how dick-ish some of their players are.

I don't really care who wins now. I have reasons to dislike every team left...I have zero reasons to like any of the teams left.

So whatever.
Maybe if I don't watch, it will be like nobody wins.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:59 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:08 am
Posts: 616
He clearly used his elbow. This has to be a suspendable offense.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:27 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
ComradeT wrote:
He clearly used his elbow. This has to be a suspendable offense.


Elbow?.. the (Frank) you talkin about?..

Edit: oh I see... on a closer replay I saw on TV, he makes 0 contact with the head. The issue is whether or not he stuck his knee out.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:49 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20373
Location: Center Ice
drwoland wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
He clearly used his elbow. This has to be a suspendable offense.


Elbow?.. the (Frank) you talkin about?..

Edit: oh I see... on a closer replay I saw on TV, he makes 0 contact with the head. The issue is whether or not he stuck his knee out.


I don't think he stuck his knee out to make contact. It was out the whole time and he didn't extend it at the last moment or anything like that. It looked like Brown tried to hit shoulder to shoulder but Roszival saw Brown at the last instant and avoided the upper body portion of the hit but couldn't move his leg in time.
The main reason Roszival was hurt was because he had his head down as he cut across the middle at the blue line. That is suicide and he need to protect himself better than that.
I feel weird defending Brown because I can't stand him. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 11:28 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
cprice12 wrote:
drwoland wrote:
ComradeT wrote:
He clearly used his elbow. This has to be a suspendable offense.


Elbow?.. the (Frank) you talkin about?..

Edit: oh I see... on a closer replay I saw on TV, he makes 0 contact with the head. The issue is whether or not he stuck his knee out.


I don't think he stuck his knee out to make contact. It was out the whole time and he didn't extend it at the last moment or anything like that. It looked like Brown tried to hit shoulder to shoulder but Roszival saw Brown at the last instant and avoided the upper body portion of the hit but couldn't move his leg in time.
The main reason Roszival was hurt was because he had his head down as he cut across the middle at the blue line. That is suicide and he need to protect himself better than that.
I feel weird defending Brown because I can't stand him. Just calling 'em as I see 'em.


Same feelings - I didn't think it was dirty when I saw it full speed, and I didn't even notice the knee aspect of it until it was pointed out. Just looked like an awkward, but clean hit. Roszival could have gotten destroyed on that, for sure.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
While I agree that Dustin Brown is a douche, I'm not so sure about this hit being super dirty.

It all happens so fast. For a hit to really be dirty you have to have some sort of intent, I think this was just a hit gone bad.

Why would he be targeting a guy with a dirty hit when they are in overtime and up 3-1 in the series? It just doesn't make sense.

Maybe it was careless, sure, but this wasn't some sort of suspendible action.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:13 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6676
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I never said it was dirty. All I said is that it was a cheap play. To me, there's a difference between the two.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:06 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4812
Location: Phi Alpha
I've seen that play a million times with players of all different reputations and honestly it's just a reflex when it comes to the sticking of the leg out.

I think Brown DID stick out his leg a little bit but that happens a LOT. When you line up a guy like that going in for a hit and he dodges at the last second you don't want to completely miss so you just instinctively try to get a piece of the guy. That's not a dirty play on Brown's part, I've seen it more times than I can count and it's not suspendable. I think it's a penalty for tripping or something in that regards because I don't think a player should be throwing out their knee to try to get a piece of a guy on a blown body check but it's usually a reflex move and not indicative of a dirty play.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group