It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:26 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Since Army insists he's still looking for a top 4 D-man and the names are coming off the broad quickly...here's a glance at what is available out there...

Ryan Suter - Too, Too, expensive

Dennis Wideman - Says he wants to stay in Washington - hearing his name a lot in Detroit

Jason Garrison - Interesting name, seems the lack of available names in free agency will over-price him.

Matt Carle - Said to be staying in Philly

The rest: Michal Rozsival, Bryan Allen, Shane O’Brien, Hal Gill, Jaroslav Spacek, Sami Salo and Bryce Salvador.

I know there has been a lot of talk about Salvador (at least among fans) but I question how much he has left as a top 4 D-man night in and out.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:27 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
I think Garrison gets a 3 year deal for 4-5 per, I think Wideman gets 5, I think Suter gets 6 for something crazy like 8 years.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:34 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4869
Location: Phi Alpha
Salvador was playing his best hockey in the playoffs, not the regular season.

As such I'm confused by your "not much left in the tank" comment. I'd pick Salvador first, probably also because he'd be the cheapest.

Suter is no way. Let somebody else overpay.

Salo is intriguing. But again: what is the market going to say he's worth? And that's really the moral of the story for all these guys and free agency in general. If there weren't increased prices, players wouldn't elect to try it out.

I'm hesitant. I like a lot of those names but not necessarily with the price tag that would go with them and ESPECIALLY if it's a long term deal.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
Weber? Is he a RFA or a UFA.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:27 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
WaukeeBlues wrote:
As such I'm confused by your "not much left in the tank" comment. I'd pick Salvador first, probably also because he'd be the cheapest.


He's 5 years older then Jackman....that's what I mean by 'not much left in the tank'. I seriously question how much longer he can be an effective player for an entire season.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:56 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20428
Location: Center Ice
I'd like to see Wideman here, if only to stop Detroit from getting him.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:38 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
cprice12 wrote:
I'd like to see Wideman here, if only to stop Detroit from getting him.


And plus when we go to shootouts he can fake himself out as well as the goalie.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:10 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20428
Location: Center Ice
philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I'd like to see Wideman here, if only to stop Detroit from getting him.


And plus when we go to shootouts he can fake himself out as well as the goalie.


One of the most hilarious moments in Blues history.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:35 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:43 pm
Posts: 2296
Location: Red Bud, IL and Section 307 Row M
cprice12 wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I'd like to see Wideman here, if only to stop Detroit from getting him.


And plus when we go to shootouts he can fake himself out as well as the goalie.


One of the most hilarious moments in Blues history.


I still wish we never traded him for Boyes.

_________________
2009-2010 LGB Official Sponsor of Roman Polak
2010-2011 LGB Official Sponsor of the Brad Boyes 2011 2nd round draft pick.
2011-2012 LGB Official Sponsor of "The Russian" Evgeny Grachev
Image
2013 LGB Official Sponsor of David Perron
2013-2014 LGB Official Sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester

9-7-11 We Will Never Forget.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:57 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4869
Location: Phi Alpha
philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
philco_3 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
I'd like to see Wideman here, if only to stop Detroit from getting him.


And plus when we go to shootouts he can fake himself out as well as the goalie.


One of the most hilarious moments in Blues history.


I still wish we never traded him for Boyes.


For about a season and a half it looked like the greatest trade in NHL history :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:41 am 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:12 am
Posts: 288
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Don't forget Justin Schultz. I really hope we make a play for him, although I don't see him picking St. Louis over all of the other teams offering him a deal. His contract is already basically set in stone as he would be a rookie, so there will not be a bidding war.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17129
Is Rob Ramage out of prison yet?

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:03 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 3850
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Wideman signed with the Flames.

5 years. 5.25 mil/year. :shock:

_________________
Official Sponsor Dmitri Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:43 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: Billings, MT
theohall wrote:
Wideman signed with the Flames.

5 years. 5.25 mil/year. :shock:


:facepalm:

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:25 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:08 am
Posts: 5487
Location: Section 306
Prngr44 wrote:
I think Wideman gets 5


I was off by .25M!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:57 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Sounds like the Souray in the STL talks are picking up some traction (more then just Strickland's tweet).

Considering how high the costs are jumping for these D-man.....he may be one of the more reasonable options and he's got that left handed shot they are looking for.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:27 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
DaDitka wrote:
Sounds like the Souray in the STL talks are picking up some traction (more then just Strickland's tweet).

Considering how high the costs are jumping for these D-man.....he may be one of the more reasonable options and he's got that left handed shot they are looking for.


And it's a cannon. Regardless of the baggage and his up's and down's the last few years, he's a guy that's scored 20 goals multiple times. If he could give the Blues even half of that, I'd take it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:56 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 388
Location: Lebanon, MO
dmiles2186 wrote:
DaDitka wrote:
Sounds like the Souray in the STL talks are picking up some traction (more then just Strickland's tweet).

Considering how high the costs are jumping for these D-man.....he may be one of the more reasonable options and he's got that left handed shot they are looking for.


And it's a cannon. Regardless of the baggage and his up's and down's the last few years, he's a guy that's scored 20 goals multiple times. If he could give the Blues even half of that, I'd take it.


I agree I think he would be a good here for a few years(3) I also would like us to make a bid for Penner he wont be dirt cheap(ask for 5 but with his wrist injury say he goes for 4.5), but I think they would work better than Arnott and Colaiacovo.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:53 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
ViPeRx007 wrote:
theohall wrote:
Wideman signed with the Flames.

5 years. 5.25 mil/year. :shock:


:facepalm:


I was just thinking the other day...Paul Kariya's contact with the Blues was 3 year, 6 mil per. PAUL KARIYA. One of the best players of his generation but he didn't live up to the deal. And Wideman gets a shade under that. Gimmeabreak.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: Remaining FA D- Men
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8116
Location: Long Island, NY
dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
theohall wrote:
Wideman signed with the Flames.

5 years. 5.25 mil/year. :shock:


:facepalm:


I was just thinking the other day...Paul Kariya's contact with the Blues was 3 year, 6 mil per. PAUL KARIYA. One of the best players of his generation but he didn't live up to the deal. And Wideman gets a shade under that. Gimmeabreak.


Speaking of Wide, man! Boyes to the Islanders. Yes, I know I just praised that signing in the other thread, but the opportunity for the lame joke arose and I took advantage of it.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Krigloch the Furious, Oaklandblue, Portland Blues, STLADOGG, Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group