listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:00 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:42 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
I'm pretty shocked hitch went with Reaves Over Langenbrunner, but I like it. Reaves always brings a ton of intensity.


I was too, but knowing Tootoo is probably going to be in the lineup for Detroit, Hitch is going with the guy who can pound faces if needed.


Brian Stull is hoping Reaves is on the ice when the puck drops and doesn't waste time taking care of business. No way it happens (as he acknowledged), but would be pretty awesome to start the season with Reaves kicking the shit out of a Red Wing (I don't even care which one).

This has some serious merit.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:55 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4512
Location: St. Louis, MO
What is this thing that you call a game....day.....thread?

Blues win 4-1. Screw the Flying Tires.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 4:56 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 2977
To anybody heading to the game today, beware that there may be construction traffic holdups on eastbound 40. They've been working on various segments of it for over a year now, but I saw lanes closed by Kingshighway today for the first time. Previously it had been further east.

Not sure what impact, if any it will have, but I'm taking a different route just in case.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:30 pm 
Offline
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:20 pm
Posts: 118
Off to a good start gentlemen, as every Red Wing's favorite butt-buddy has mono.

Ha.

[url]http://www.freep.com/article/20130119/SPORTS05/130119023/detroit-red-wings-todd-bertuzzi-mononucleosis/url]


GHEEEEEEEEEEEEEY! :lol:

_________________
Official 2011-12 sponsor of Chris Stewart


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:49 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 381
Location: Lebanon, MO
GREAT GAME!!!

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:13 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6599
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:55 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 2977
dmiles2186 wrote:
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.


Same. I figured this thread would be 17 pages long. Where to start:

(Frank) the Red Wings
-Tarasenko goal
(Frank) Jimmy Howard
-Another Tarasenko goal
-seriously, (Frank) the Red Wings. I (Franking) hate those douchebags.
-Blues net 6 on Stan Musial's death day (RIP)

If tonight is any indication, Tarasenko is going to be a beast and Stewart is ready to bounce back from a lackluster year.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:16 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:08 am
Posts: 576
Missed the game but just watched the highlights. What a way to make a statement!! Tank looks every bit as good as was expected (even more good?)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:17 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 17, 2007 7:52 pm
Posts: 1116
Location: Tampa FL
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.


Same. I figured this thread would be 17 pages long. Where to start:

(Frank) the Red Wings
-Tarasenko goal
(Frank) Jimmy Howard
-Another Tarasenko goal
-seriously, (Frank) the Red Wings. I (Frank) hate those douchebags.
-Blues net 6 on Stan Musial's death day (RIP)

If tonight is any indication, Tarasenko is going to be a beast and Stewart is ready to bounce back from a lackluster year.

You guys know how this works... We were all in flashchat, no need for the forums. We had a healthy 15 people in flashchat all losing our minds the entire game. It was a good time.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2013-2014 LGB sponsor of Brendan Morrow
2013 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2011-2012 LGB sponsor of Jamie Langenbrunner
2008-2009 LGB sponsor of David Backes


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:35 am 
Online
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
Red Wings haven't been blasted like that and held to so few shots in 20 years...

LOL, they think they will be back... NHL Network, you can latch on to our balls now..

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:45 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2421
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
The way the game started for like the first 2-3 minutes, I thought it would be a long game. After that...wow. Glad for Tarasenko, Stewart, and Berglund for that matter.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:12 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20165
Location: Center Ice
Total and complete domination.

I'm not going to get too excited over one game, but man that was fun!

The Blues played just about as perfect of a hockey game as you can play from start to finish.

:goblues: :halak: :cup: :detsucks: :letsgoblues: :blueflagrocket:

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:46 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9694
Location: Billings, MT
Kreegz2 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.


Same. I figured this thread would be 17 pages long. Where to start:

(Frank) the Red Wings
-Tarasenko goal
(Frank) Jimmy Howard
-Another Tarasenko goal
-seriously, (Frank) the Red Wings. I (Frank) hate those douchebags.
-Blues net 6 on Stan Musial's death day (RIP)

If tonight is any indication, Tarasenko is going to be a beast and Stewart is ready to bounce back from a lackluster year.

You guys know how this works... We were all in flashchat, no need for the forums. We had a healthy 15 people in flashchat all losing our minds the entire game. It was a good time.


Agreed. You gotta Flashchat on game day, dudes. Fun stuff.

What do I say about that game though that hasn't already been said. It was hard to tell they've even had any time off. Detroit was beaten in every way possible, except in douchebaggery (Tootoo). It was actually kind of weird, I'm not going to lie. I'm not used to watching a Red Wings / Blues game like that where it just felt like they weren't even a threat at all. Granted, it's one game, but it was a dang good one.

Tarasenko was better than I expected, Stewart was all over the ice. In the prediction thread I know I wasn't alone in predicting that Stewart would have a good season after hearing about his offseason training, etc. Hopefully this was just a taste of things to come from everyone. Very fun game to watch, sounded even better in the building. Welcome back, hockey!

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:17 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2061
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
The Blues owe me a new pair of pants.

Holy shit. What a way to kick off the season.

I wonder if Stewart decided that since he sucks at being physical so much, it was time to reinvent himself as a more trim, fast guy. Seems to be working so far, he looks great out there.

Tarasenko scored the pretty goals, but also turned the puck over nearly every time he had to pass it. He has a lot to learn, and I hope he recognizes that and puts in the work. His apparent capacity to produce will make the learning curve less noticeable, but he is still squeezing the stick way too tight when making passes.

Sky's the limit for this team if they play like they did tonight. Looked like they were playing an exhibition against a minors team.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:26 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 2977
Agree on Tarasenko having some to learn. His finesse stuff seems to be NHL-ready, but he needs to develop some of the rest of his game. That's obviously to be expected. But, if he can create opportunities like he did last night, his rookie mistakes will be hard to notice.

Jackman really impressed me last night. He reminded me of Jackman of a decade ago. Hopefully he keeps that up.

Overall, just a total beatdown. There was a Red Wing fan sitting a couple rows behind me. He left with a few minutes left and said something to the effect of "We had a good run, but I guess it's your turn now." That pretty much sums it up. So nice to be

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6599
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.


Same. I figured this thread would be 17 pages long. Where to start:

(Frank) the Red Wings
-Tarasenko goal
(Frank) Jimmy Howard
-Another Tarasenko goal
-seriously, (Frank) the Red Wings. I (Frank) hate those douchebags.
-Blues net 6 on Stan Musial's death day (RIP)

If tonight is any indication, Tarasenko is going to be a beast and Stewart is ready to bounce back from a lackluster year.

You guys know how this works... We were all in flashchat, no need for the forums. We had a healthy 15 people in flashchat all losing our minds the entire game. It was a good time.


Agreed. You gotta Flashchat on game day, dudes. Fun stuff.


Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? I'm always in flashchat. :mrgreen: Last night was the rare night I wasn't, got invited to meet up with some Blues fans and watch the game together, so that was fun. I gotta say, I missed being able to flashchat. I'm ready for Monday.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:04 am 
Online
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
dmiles2186 wrote:
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Kreegz2 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Man, I figured this thread would be stacked after the game. Unbelievable game! Complete domination from wire to wire. With Nashville and Chicago coming up, the Blues have a chance to make a statement that last year wasn't a fluke.

And seriouly...'senko. No way I thought he'd have the impact he did in game one. Those goals were purty.


Same. I figured this thread would be 17 pages long. Where to start:

(Frank) the Red Wings
-Tarasenko goal
(Frank) Jimmy Howard
-Another Tarasenko goal
-seriously, (Frank) the Red Wings. I (Frank) hate those douchebags.
-Blues net 6 on Stan Musial's death day (RIP)

If tonight is any indication, Tarasenko is going to be a beast and Stewart is ready to bounce back from a lackluster year.

You guys know how this works... We were all in flashchat, no need for the forums. We had a healthy 15 people in flashchat all losing our minds the entire game. It was a good time.


Agreed. You gotta Flashchat on game day, dudes. Fun stuff.


Whatchoo talkin' 'bout? I'm always in flashchat. :mrgreen: Last night was the rare night I wasn't, got invited to meet up with some Blues fans and watch the game together, so that was fun. I gotta say, I missed being able to flashchat. I'm ready for Monday.


Well the game starts at 4:30 monday, bring it!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:07 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6599
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I took off work early so I could catch the start of the game. I'm ready. :mrgreen:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:45 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2260
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Still have no voice this morning after last nights game. The most fun I've had a Blues game in years, and I went to quite a few good ones last year. When Tarasenko scored his first, I thought the place was going to cave in it was so loud. I'm pissed I was in a beer line and missed the second on, but was able to see the replay. Absolutely sick and probably won't be his best of the year by a long shot. The highlight of the night was watching the Wings fans walk of shame for the final 5 minutes of regulation. What a night! :letsgoblues: :goblues: :detsucks: :dietootoo:

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:47 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 2977
Both Tarasenko and Schwartz scored a goal on each of their first two shots in the NHL.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: crazyhorse, Google [Bot], sseagle, Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group