It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 12:06 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1023
Link: http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=656689

ST. LOUIS – St. Louis Blues Executive Vice President and General Manager Doug Armstrong announced Thursday the club assigned goaltender Jake Allen to their American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, Peoria Rivermen.
Allen, 22, has appeared in five games posting a 3-1-0 record including a 2.62 goals-against average and a .895 save percentage with the Blues this season.

During his most recent recall, the 6-foot-2, 195-pound goaltender became the first Blues rookie since Reinhard Divis (2002-2004) to win each of his first three NHL decisions.

With Peoria, Allen has dressed in 31 games this season posting a 12-16-2 record including a 2.94 goals against average, .903 save percentage and two shutouts.

The Fredericton, New Brunswick native was drafted by the Blues in the second round (34th overall) of the 2008 Entry Draft.

_________________
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Yorktown, VA
I'm sorry to see him go (considering the recent play of Elliot), but what else were we going to do?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20428
Location: Center Ice
gaijin wrote:
I'm sorry to see him go (considering the recent play of Elliot), but what else were we going to do?


Yeah. You don't give up on Elliott after a handful of games. He had an amazing year last season. A small 5 game sample size this year (even though he was bad) shouldn't result in any knee jerk reactions.
With Halak back, Allen wouldn't be playing anyway. He needs to go to Peoria to play.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:17 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Good thing is that he proved he belongs. If Elliott continues to give up an ungodly amount of goals, it could lead to the Blues making an intriguing decision. But that's a little farther down the road.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:51 pm 
Offline
Rookie
Rookie
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:31 pm
Posts: 33
Location: Highland IL
cprice12 wrote:
gaijin wrote:
I'm sorry to see him go (considering the recent play of Elliot), but what else were we going to do?


Yeah. You don't give up on Elliott after a handful of games. He had an amazing year last season. A small 5 game sample size this year (even though he was bad) shouldn't result in any knee jerk reactions.
With Halak back, Allen wouldn't be playing anyway. He needs to go to Peoria to play.

Problem is, in a shortened season those 5 horrid games where he turned into a siv, are magnified tenfold. Turek had a good season too, then turned into one of the three blind mice the next season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:22 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:18 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Having a stroke in FlashChat
Bonus Reinhard Divis reference!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:57 am 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20428
Location: Center Ice
dr313 wrote:
cprice12 wrote:
gaijin wrote:
I'm sorry to see him go (considering the recent play of Elliot), but what else were we going to do?


Yeah. You don't give up on Elliott after a handful of games. He had an amazing year last season. A small 5 game sample size this year (even though he was bad) shouldn't result in any knee jerk reactions.
With Halak back, Allen wouldn't be playing anyway. He needs to go to Peoria to play.

Problem is, in a shortened season those 5 horrid games where he turned into a siv, are magnified tenfold. Turek had a good season too, then turned into one of the three blind mice the next season

I'm not saying Elliott isn't going to be horrible this year. I'm just saying you don't give up on him after 5 poor games after the season he had last year. That would be stupid.
Halak had a horrible start to last season. Good thing we didn't give up on him then.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:08 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3015
Location: Yorktown, VA
It's starting to look like Elliott does best when he has someone else to push him. With Halak out, there was no one behind him to show him up and drive him to play his best (because we hadn't played Allen yet and didn't know how well he would do). I wonder if, after Allen had earned his 3 wins, Elliott would have performed if we put him back in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:26 pm
Posts: 76
Location: Wildwood, Missouri
Thinking last year's goal-tending was an exception.

_________________
"Shanahan beating up on a Winnipeg player..." - Ken Wilson April 14, 1994


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
It was to free up a slot for Rick DiPietro, who just landed on waivers!!!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:17 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
sseagle wrote:
It was to free up a slot for Rick DiPietro, who just landed on waivers!!!


Because if you have the chance to pick up a guy who can't stay on the ice and has a 15 year contract, you do it!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:57 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
dmiles2186 wrote:
sseagle wrote:
It was to free up a slot for Rick DiPietro, who just landed on waivers!!!


Because if you have the chance to pick up a guy who can't stay on the ice and has a 15 year contract, you do it!

Lies!
It's only 8 more years!!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Portland Blues and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group