It is currently Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:40 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:47 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
(Frank) OFF

FOURTH SEED

SUCK A FAT ONE!


(The sky was NOT falling)

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
Not yet. there's still time.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:32 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
The goal is :cup:

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1096
:aaaa:

_________________
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Last edited by Oaklandblue on Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:04 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1096
If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Well, if we get nailed in the playoffs due to lack of scoring, at that point, who do you blame?

_________________
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:27 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9716
Location: Billings, MT
Oaklandblue wrote:
If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Well, if we get nailed in the playoffs due to lack of scoring, at that point, who do you blame?


Just shut up, please. This pessimistic bullshit attitude you have is really quite annoying. You're basing everything on "if"'s and counting them out before any games have even been played. Can't you enjoy where we are for at least a few hours or does your mind just instantly do this: "4th seed? It's too bad we aren't better and will probably be eliminated due to a lack of scoring."

You miss out on a lot of the fun of the playoffs if you're jumping to that already. It's actually kind of sad.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1096
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
If Ken Hitchcock wanted to win the Lord Stanley, tell me, why didn't he convince the front office when they sold the Rivermen to buy two elite playmakers/snipers/scorers instead of two D-men? If I had to guess, I'd say because Hitch's system is D-First, right? Because D wins championships.

Well, if we get nailed in the playoffs due to lack of scoring, at that point, who do you blame?


Just shut up, please. This pessimistic bullshit attitude you have is really quite annoying. You're basing everything on "if"'s and counting them out before any games have even been played. Can't you enjoy where we are for at least a few hours or does your mind just instantly do this: "4th seed? It's too bad we aren't better and will probably be eliminated due to a lack of scoring."

You miss out on a lot of the fun of the playoffs if you're jumping to that already. It's actually kind of sad.


No pessimism here. Just responding to the thread title. It's a bit early to say anyone is right in regards to the thread title and frankly I'd rather be wrong and we hoist the Cup than be right. Anything but that.

_________________
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:13 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I will admit, I never really doubted the Blues' ability to make the postseason. But when they dropped into 9th a few weeks back and had an uphill climb facing them, I wasn't sure they had it in them. I'm glad they proved me wrong. I never thought anyone needed to be fired or traded. Okay, well...maybe DP. But the Blues rebounded, Army made the trades this team needed, and wouldn't you know it, they finished with the 3rd highest point total in the West? These last 3 weeks or so was the Blues team we should have seen all along. I'm glad they found their footing before it was too late and now they are playing their best hockey at the right time.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:25 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3207
I never really doubted we'd make the playoffs either, but I was definitely questioning whether we were going to live up to our potential. I guess that still remains to be seen, but we certainly played to our potential throughout April.

This is what's really amazing to me. We played 15 games in 27 days in April. In 11 of those games we allowed 1 goal or fewer. That's just insanely good. If we can somehow maintain that through the playoffs, we have a very legit shot at 16W's.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:27 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
glen a richter wrote:
It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.


No, I started putting on fresh socks during the games. We haven't lost a game that I've done that.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
sseagle wrote:
glen a richter wrote:
It's stunning how fast they turned it around following the arrival of Leopold and Bouwmeester. Was this team really two players short, or was it two leaders short? I would not be surprised in the least to hear, sometime down the line, that the turnaround was because Bouwmeester demanded more out of his new teammates and they responded. Leadership by leading--Backes could take away something from that for a couple years from now when he's still here and Bou isn't.


No, I started putting on fresh socks during the games. We haven't lost a game that I've done that.


Coincidentally, I had also started NOT putting on fresh underwear. the skidmarks are getting crusty but we got home ice, so you're welcome.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:25 am 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:46 am
Posts: 6
Location: Because its better on top - North Dakota
Thanks for not changing them. If we lose a game to LA you should deposit them in their bench if possible. One of those LA types you know will take a sniff. :banana:
P.S. If you rotate them you can come up with generally four different positions of wear so the crusties won't build up so much in one spot. If your legs are the size of your waist then the number goes up! :okman:

In an unrelated rant I think it sucks that Detroitlet made it in. :detsucks:

Blues in 6
L, W, W, L, W, W


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:17 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:21 pm
Posts: 2800
Location: sailing with the Captain
Funny how Hitch's system suddenly works again once you're goaltending remembers how to stop a puck and 5 is on your 3rd paring instead of your first.(not bashing Jacks....he was just miscast as a first paring D-man. I think we have one of the best third parings in the league now)

I was never against Hitch, we've been though enough coaches.

That said, DP needed to be traded one month into the season, he needed to be traded at the deadline, he needs to be traded right now, and he will need to be traded this offseason. That is a matter of him not fitting what we do...not a 'sky is falling' comment.

I think the comments about 19 helping 42 in leadership is quite interesting. The team and David himself have played with a different confidence and different urgency since his acquisition.

Was it the goalteanding? The defense? The leadership? Management showing a vote of confidence by being buyers?

My guess is it was a little bit of all of it.

_________________
Image

2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Patrik 'Bulan' Berglund


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:23 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3207
DaDitka wrote:
Funny how Hitch's system suddenly works again once you're goaltending remembers how to stop a puck and 5 is on your 3rd paring instead of your first.(not bashing Jacks....he was just miscast as a first paring D-man. I think we have one of the best third parings in the league now)

I was never against Hitch, we've been though enough coaches.

That said, DP needed to be traded one month into the season, he needed to be traded at the deadline, he needs to be traded right now, and he will need to be traded this offseason. That is a matter of him not fitting what we do...not a 'sky is falling' comment.

I think the comments about 19 helping 42 in leadership is quite interesting. The team and David himself have played with a different confidence and different urgency since his acquisition.

Was it the goalteanding? The defense? The leadership? Management showing a vote of confidence by being buyers?

My guess is it was a little bit of all of it.


Yeah, definitely a combo IMO. Elliott getting a 2nd chance almost exactly coincided with getting Bouwmeester. I think Elliott had something to prove, then his job became easier with the defense becoming more solid. And, adding Bouwmeester might have been a good change of pace for the team as well. Sometimes the best part of a trade is that it shakes things up a little bit and gives a bit of a fresh start to everybody.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:39 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8272
Location: Long Island, NY
Do you think DP would be enough to get us back into the 1st round? I mean not a top 10 pick obviously, but somewhere within the latter half of the 1st round?

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 10:42 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
Hey, what's going on in this thread?

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Portland Orygun
Nyghtewynd wrote:
Hey, what's going on in this thread?


:lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:14 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
Claudjwnny wrote:
"Cette chaussure n'est pas tr??s bon, pour voir comment il est faux?",Vanessa Bruno - Sac Toile - Paillette Caf?? (L) Le t??l??phone lui-m??me n'est pas mauvais, comment est un faux? "R??cemment, l'a??roport de passagers du terminal T3 capitale surpeupl??e autour d'un peu de temps tables de bar a demand?? avec curiosit??. La longue parfum de tableau d'affichage,<a href="http://www.frvanessabrunosacs.com/vanessa-bruno-sac-toile-pivoine-paillette-argente-l.html">Vanessa Bruno - Sac Toile Pivoine - Paillette Argent?? (L)</a> les t??l??phones cellulaires, sacs, cigarette P??kin douanes ont saisi articles de contrefa?on de ch??ques de voyage cha?nes.

aller ?? notre magasin: http://www.frvanessabrunosacs.com

One time I fed my snake sum beer MAyne!!

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group