It is currently Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:06 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:42 am 
Online
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6692
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Radio: KMOX
Canadia: CBC and RDS



Game 3 has a late 70's light rock feel to it.

Quote:
BLUES at KINGS

(St. Louis leads best-of-7 series, 2-0)

TV: NBCSN, CBC, RDS, FS-MW, FS-W

Big story: This is turning out to be the low-scoring series many expected, with the St. Louis Blues managing only four goals over the first two games -- just one of them coming prior to the third period -- and yet holding a commanding lead. That's because the strong play of the defense and goaltender Brian Elliott has indeed carried over from the end of the regular season, and the Los Angeles Kings have only two goals to show for well over 120 minutes of play. They return to Staples Center knowing if they don't find some offense soon, the Blues may reverse the outcome of last year's playoff meeting and take the brooms to them.

Team Scope:

Blues: Barret Jackman has been a solid defender since playing his initial NHL game with St. Louis during the 2001-02 season. In the 10 seasons to follow he's twice played in all 82 games and on three occasions posted a plus/minus of plus-20 or better. One thing he's never done a lot, though, is fill the net with pucks -- his career-high for a season is four, and he has 23 total in 644 regular-season games. He had no goals in 22 postseason games entering Thursday.

Jackman, of course, is a primary reason the Blues recorded a come-from-behind 2-1 win in Game 2, as he scored the decisive goal with 50.4 seconds left in regulation. Patrik Berglund had scored 3:44 into the third to tie the score, while Elliott was strong again with 28 saves.

"I don't think there's one person in the room that thinks we're in control of anything other than the number that says 2-0," coach Ken Hitchcock said, preaching caution. "I don't think we're in control of anything. I don't think they feel like they're in control of anything. This is two teams that are going to fight this right to the end, and I think every player in that locker room knows that. … It's that close. Every shift seems like it's the last shift on earth."

Kings: Following the goaltending gaffe in overtime that cost his team Game 1, Jonathan Quick came right back and blanked St. Louis over the first 40 minutes on Thursday, allowing Los Angeles to get on the board first when Dustin Brown redirected a Mike Richards shot during a two-man advantage in the first period.

But the Kings, who got their only goal in Game 1 in the final minute of regulation with Quick on the bench, were unable to add to the lead despite outshooting the Blues 23-15 heading into the third. Their inability to provide Quick with any sort of insurance would end up proving costly and dropping them into a deep hole heading home.

"We didn't expect to be in [this position], but it's our own fault," defenseman Drew Doughty said. "We're in this position. We've been fully prepared for their game, fully prepared for what they're going to do against us and we just haven't stepped up to the plate."

Who's hot: Elliott, who was 4-6 in 12 career playoff games prior to this past week, has posted a .966 save percentage in winning both his starts in this series for the Blues. … Brown, a point-per-game player during the Kings' run to the Stanley Cup in 2012, scored his 11th career playoff goal Thursday. He also had a game-high six hits.

Injury report: Los Angeles defenseman Matt Greene has been scratched from each of the first two games with an undisclosed injury. … St. Louis forward Jamie Langenbrunner is skating again, but has been ruled out for the first round. Langenbrunner had hip surgery in February that was expected to sideline him the remainder of the season.

_________________
Image


Last edited by dmiles2186 on Sat May 04, 2013 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:14 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8029
Location: Long Island, NY
Again no prediction, just win the damn game.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:32 am 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Lebanon, MO
Just need a win here! Feel pretty good about this game :okman:

Anyone have a update on Elliott I guess he is good to go.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 8:43 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Suck shit queens!!!
Would prefer taking at least one if the games in LA

(Frank) the kings!!!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 9:48 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3105
It would be really nice to win tonight, but I think it's far more important that we don't let the Kings steal the momentum of the series. If we go there and lose 2-1, it's not a major deal. If we lose 5-1, it kind of is (at least if it lingers into game 4). If we take 1 of these in LA, I think it becomes really really hard for the Kings to win this series.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:37 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
cardsfan04 wrote:
It would be really nice to win tonight, but I think it's far more important that we don't let the Kings steal the momentum of the series. If we go there and lose 2-1, it's not a major deal. If we lose 5-1, it kind of is (at least if it lingers into game 4). If we take 1 of these in LA, I think it becomes really really hard for the Kings to win this series.


If we win both they really won't have a chance.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:49 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3105
sseagle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
It would be really nice to win tonight, but I think it's far more important that we don't let the Kings steal the momentum of the series. If we go there and lose 2-1, it's not a major deal. If we lose 5-1, it kind of is (at least if it lingers into game 4). If we take 1 of these in LA, I think it becomes really really hard for the Kings to win this series.


If we win both they really won't have a chance.


I guess I could get on board with just winning both. Keeps it simple.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:43 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Lebanon, MO
cardsfan04 wrote:
sseagle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
It would be really nice to win tonight, but I think it's far more important that we don't let the Kings steal the momentum of the series. If we go there and lose 2-1, it's not a major deal. If we lose 5-1, it kind of is (at least if it lingers into game 4). If we take 1 of these in LA, I think it becomes really really hard for the Kings to win this series.


If we win both they really won't have a chance.


I guess I could get on board with just winning both. Keeps it simple.


Agree, but I think if anything I would rather win game 4 if we were to win just 1. But I do feel really good about this game though not sure why :grin:

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:30 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Lebanon, MO
I just now relizing how long of a night its going to be.....may have to get drunk in flashchat.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3001
Location: Yorktown, VA
As tight as the first two games have been, I don't think the Blues can pull out both games in LA. The key will be how the Blues bounce back if they do lose.

Let's! Go! Blues!

:letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:59 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
gaijin wrote:
As tight as the first two games have been, I don't think the Blues can pull out both games in LA. The key will be how the Blues bounce back if they do lose.

Let's! Go! Blues!

:letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:



Well you can be just as wrong as Ponder..

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:13 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Joined: Wed Jul 23, 2003 9:02 pm
Posts: 1797
Location: In Fargo, eh?
Blues will be up against two teams tonight. (Frank) them both. Just win, baby.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor of Bernie Federko's Stonewashed Jeans, Custom Cabinets, and cold Busch Light.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 5:56 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3001
Location: Yorktown, VA
sseagle wrote:
gaijin wrote:
As tight as the first two games have been, I don't think the Blues can pull out both games in LA. The key will be how the Blues bounce back if they do lose.

Let's! Go! Blues!

:letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues: :letsgoblues:



Well you can be just as wrong as Ponder..


I would absolutely love to be.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Hey dmiles.. we are on CBC & RDS too, looks like the frenchies want to watch us play too!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:58 pm
Posts: 1558
Location: Springfield, IL
That PP is special


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:53 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:01 pm
Posts: 385
Location: Lebanon, MO
Good game, but have to CAPITALIZE on the PP. We played better all night than they did just need to net the puck instead of miss wide or fan.

I still say boat needs to sit.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Jori Lehtera
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Chris Stewart / Steve Ott and the trade that made it happen!
2012-errr.......Just 2013 LGB Sponsor of Andy McDonald


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:55 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4539
Location: St. Louis, MO
Still think we're the better team...just tip your cap to Quick and get to Monday.

If you're going to fault anything the Blues did, the last five minutes were too much of a panic fest. They were doing great at getting scoring chances up to then, but were way too frenetic in the closing minutes.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 10:58 pm 
Offline
4th Line Mucker
4th Line Mucker
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
I hate the fact if we give up ONE goal, we are in danger of losing every playoff game...pisses me off. Chances don't win games, goals do.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:02 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4539
Location: St. Louis, MO
18tonytwist wrote:
I hate the fact if we give up ONE goal, we are in danger of losing every playoff game...pisses me off. Chances don't win games, goals do.


The Blues will certainly be in the market for a goal scorer in the offseason.

I could have copied this post from any offseason in the past five years.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:05 pm 
Online
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 982
NOT the end of the world. Could have easily gone either way, we just have to keep grinding and making our own luck.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], dmiles2186, ecbm, ibldbl, Oaklandblue, ORBluesFan and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group