It is currently Fri May 22, 2015 5:32 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:43 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
I put this song in a GDT last season, but I'm going to do it again since, instead of almost losing Detroit, we completely lost them to the East and now we need to smack them back in their place since they'd be out of playoffs over here.



Also, Cola better hope he's not playing for fear of this happening again...

Image

Quote:
BLUES (32-10-5) at RED WINGS (21-17-10)

TV: FS-MW, FS-D

Last 10: St. Louis 7-3-0; Detroit 4-5-1

Season series: This is the first game of the season between these former Central Division and Western Conference rivals; they play again on the final day of the season April 13.

Big story: The Detroit Red Wings are the only team in the NHL challenging for a playoff berth who currently own a losing record at home. The Red Wings are 7-10-7 at Joe Louis Arena, and will need to improve that record when they continue a season-long, five-game homestand against the St. Louis Blues on Monday.

The Red Wings are off to a successful, but shaky, start after a wacky-bounce goal allowed them to force overtime in the homestand’s opener Saturday against the Los Angeles Kings.

The Blues are in the midst of a rare mini-skid, with three regulation losses in their past four games. St. Louis still sits third in the Western Conference with 69 points, but the margin for error grows smaller.

Team Scope:

Blues: In St. Louis' most recent three losses to the Vancouver Canucks, Kings and Anaheim Ducks, the opposition has scored first. Coach Ken Hitchcock made it clear after a 3-2 loss to the Ducks on Saturday that the slow starts would not be tolerated.

"It's really just the same movie, different day," Hitchcock said. "We're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. ... We're going to have to have better starts, we're going to have to have more people engaged, we're going to have to play on our toes. Can't beat good teams playing on your heels.”

Blues forward Alexander Steen played 20:56 against the Ducks, his first game time since missing 11 games with a concussion.

Red Wings: It was almost certainly a lucky goal, but it might’ve been just the break Detroit needed. With a laundry list of injuries and an sub-.500 home record, the Red Wings’ chances against Los Angeles appeared slim. When Los Angeles scored a go-ahead goal with 2:15 remaining, that fate was confirmed.

Until it wasn’t. The Red Wings drew a late penalty and with 27 seconds left, Niklas Kronwall’s deflected shot flew into the mesh, bounced back into play, off goalie Jonathan Quick’s back and into the goal. The game eventually went to a shootout, where Tomas Tatar sealed it for the Red Wings.

The Red Wings may need a few more breaks with upcoming home games against St. Louis, the Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens and the Florida Panthers.

“Really big homestand, we got some great teams coming in here,” goalie Jimmy Howard told the team’s website. “It’s going to take 60 minutes or more these next four games.”

Who’s hot: Red Wings captain Henrik Zetterberg had a goal and an assist against Los Angeles. Zetterberg averages better than a point a game against St. Louis in his career, and had three goals and six points against them in 2013.

Injury report: Blues center Maxim Lapierre (lower body) is on injured reserve. … Red Wings centers Pavel Datsyuk (lower body), Stephen Weiss (sports hernia surgery), Darren Helm (shoulder, groin) are on injured reserve, and center Joakim Andersson (lower body) is day-to-day. Forwards Johan Franzen (upper body) and Daniel Alfredsson (groin, back), defenseman Jonathan Ericsson (shoulder, rib), and goalie Jonas Gustavsson (groin, neck) are on IR.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:05 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Oakland is about to jump off a bridge.
Again.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3012
Location: Yorktown, VA
I don't care if they are in the Eastern Conference now. Kill. Blood. Ears and noses and spurting and all that. Oh, and-

2 points, please. :letsgoblues:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:34 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach



_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:33 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: Billings, MT
I'm back in Montana so I expect us to throttle the Wings.

I still blame most of this on Flashchat being out of commission though...

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:09 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1008
sseagle wrote:
Oakland is about to jump off a bridge.
Again.


Here's an idea: Why don't you post this in the thread it belongs in and not in the GDT?

Here's another idea: Figure out why we can't beat a California team beyond a) We don't play hockey until 5mins BEFORE the end of the game and b) They're simply better than our fully-loaded team and then tell the forum about it, since I'm sure we'd all love to know why a team spending to the cap can't beat a team like, say, San Jose, this year.

Don't try to compare jumping off a bridge to telling the truth. We can't beat them, we get outplayed and we get outshot at goal. There are exceptions to that rule, and that's exactly what they are: Exceptions.

Halak made an amazing run in the Eastern Conference. Had he to do that with the same team in the West, they would have never made the playoffs and gotten blown out in the first round. Yet, this is the Halak people criticize and say is an elite netminder when his entire experience has been as a backup and an overpaid, ofthen-injured starter.

If we were in the East, we'd go to the finals, that's the truth. We own the East. The sad truth is, the West is better and we're not playing well enough and maybe, just maybe, we're not quite good enough and Miller isn't going to be that upgrade we need unless he starts scoring goals.

And I don't think what I'm bringing up is total lunacy and insanity. It's pretty much been proven in front of our eyes. My question, and it's to Hitch is: Whatcha gunna do about it? And I think that, given the circumstances and the organization making it clear that they want the up, is a fair question to address, because this:

<clip>
"It's really just the same movie, different day," Hitchcock said. "We're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. ... We're going to have to have better starts, we're going to have to have more people engaged, we're going to have to play on our toes. Can't beat good teams playing on your heels.”
<clip>

Ain't gunna cut it.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:19 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Oaklandblue wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Oakland is about to jump off a bridge.
Again.


Here's an idea: Why don't you post this in the thread it belongs in and not in the GDT?

Here's another idea: Figure out why we can't beat a California team beyond a) We don't play hockey until 5mins BEFORE the end of the game and b) They're simply better than our fully-loaded team and then tell the forum about it, since I'm sure we'd all love to know why a team spending to the cap can't beat a team like, say, San Jose, this year.

Don't try to compare jumping off a bridge to telling the truth. We can't beat them, we get outplayed and we get outshot at goal. There are exceptions to that rule, and that's exactly what they are: Exceptions.

Halak made an amazing run in the Eastern Conference. Had he to do that with the same team in the West, they would have never made the playoffs and gotten blown out in the first round. Yet, this is the Halak people criticize and say is an elite netminder when his entire experience has been as a backup and an overpaid, ofthen-injured starter.

If we were in the East, we'd go to the finals, that's the truth. We own the East. The sad truth is, the West is better and we're not playing well enough and maybe, just maybe, we're not quite good enough and Miller isn't going to be that upgrade we need unless he starts scoring goals.

And I don't think what I'm bringing up is total lunacy and insanity. It's pretty much been proven in front of our eyes. My question, and it's to Hitch is: Whatcha gunna do about it? And I think that, given the circumstances and the organization making it clear that they want the up, is a fair question to address, because this:

<clip>
"It's really just the same movie, different day," Hitchcock said. "We're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. ... We're going to have to have better starts, we're going to have to have more people engaged, we're going to have to play on our toes. Can't beat good teams playing on your heels.”
<clip>

Ain't gunna cut it.


Whatever, we are 6 points out of first with 4? games in hand. Every team plays poorly for a stretch, I'm stopping here. Have a good day.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:20 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1008
As for the Wings, we're owning them tonight:

Us: 6
Them: 1

Goals: Steen x2, Roy, Stewart, Pie and Jay Bo.
Wings goal by: Who cares?

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:24 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1008
sseagle wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Oakland is about to jump off a bridge.
Again.


Here's an idea: Why don't you post this in the thread it belongs in and not in the GDT?

Here's another idea: Figure out why we can't beat a California team beyond a) We don't play hockey until 5mins BEFORE the end of the game and b) They're simply better than our fully-loaded team and then tell the forum about it, since I'm sure we'd all love to know why a team spending to the cap can't beat a team like, say, San Jose, this year.

Don't try to compare jumping off a bridge to telling the truth. We can't beat them, we get outplayed and we get outshot at goal. There are exceptions to that rule, and that's exactly what they are: Exceptions.

Halak made an amazing run in the Eastern Conference. Had he to do that with the same team in the West, they would have never made the playoffs and gotten blown out in the first round. Yet, this is the Halak people criticize and say is an elite netminder when his entire experience has been as a backup and an overpaid, ofthen-injured starter.

If we were in the East, we'd go to the finals, that's the truth. We own the East. The sad truth is, the West is better and we're not playing well enough and maybe, just maybe, we're not quite good enough and Miller isn't going to be that upgrade we need unless he starts scoring goals.

And I don't think what I'm bringing up is total lunacy and insanity. It's pretty much been proven in front of our eyes. My question, and it's to Hitch is: Whatcha gunna do about it? And I think that, given the circumstances and the organization making it clear that they want the up, is a fair question to address, because this:

<clip>
"It's really just the same movie, different day," Hitchcock said. "We're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. ... We're going to have to have better starts, we're going to have to have more people engaged, we're going to have to play on our toes. Can't beat good teams playing on your heels.”
<clip>

Ain't gunna cut it.


Whatever, we are 6 points out of first with 4? games in hand. Every team plays poorly for a stretch, I'm stopping here. Have a good day.


We're playing poorly against the SAME teams and we'll be seeing at least one of them in the playoffs, maybe two. What's our answer to that?
I don't think we want another Presidents Trophy, I think we'd want the Cup.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:47 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
Hate.
:firedevil:

:frankyou: :fischerugly: :detsucks:

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:13 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
http://us12.chatzy.com/51458226424291

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:02 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Jimmy Howard left because he had to poop? Or did poop?

Sampling of Twitter with a guest cameo from Roberto Luongo.








_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:30 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: Billings, MT
Is a goalie that craps his pants what we want representing the United States in the Olympics?

But seriously, that's.....embarrassing, if true.

I'm reading from other outlets that he re-injured his knee. I'm going with the pooping though. It's more interesting to me.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:05 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6714
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Yeah, it sounds like the pooping story might have been too good to be true. Disappointing. It was definitely funny, but sounds like a knee injury.

On the plus side, this could be the door opening for Big Ben to make the Olympic roster.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:06 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2470
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
I hate to take a shit on the news of Howard's situation but on NHL.com it says he has a knee injury. They have a video of the Red Wings feed and you can see where this rumor started. Here's the link:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=7015 ... l:topheads

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:51 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3131
Oaklandblue wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
sseagle wrote:
Oakland is about to jump off a bridge.
Again.


Here's an idea: Why don't you post this in the thread it belongs in and not in the GDT?

Here's another idea: Figure out why we can't beat a California team beyond a) We don't play hockey until 5mins BEFORE the end of the game and b) They're simply better than our fully-loaded team and then tell the forum about it, since I'm sure we'd all love to know why a team spending to the cap can't beat a team like, say, San Jose, this year.

Don't try to compare jumping off a bridge to telling the truth. We can't beat them, we get outplayed and we get outshot at goal. There are exceptions to that rule, and that's exactly what they are: Exceptions.

Halak made an amazing run in the Eastern Conference. Had he to do that with the same team in the West, they would have never made the playoffs and gotten blown out in the first round. Yet, this is the Halak people criticize and say is an elite netminder when his entire experience has been as a backup and an overpaid, ofthen-injured starter.

If we were in the East, we'd go to the finals, that's the truth. We own the East. The sad truth is, the West is better and we're not playing well enough and maybe, just maybe, we're not quite good enough and Miller isn't going to be that upgrade we need unless he starts scoring goals.

And I don't think what I'm bringing up is total lunacy and insanity. It's pretty much been proven in front of our eyes. My question, and it's to Hitch is: Whatcha gunna do about it? And I think that, given the circumstances and the organization making it clear that they want the up, is a fair question to address, because this:

<clip>
"It's really just the same movie, different day," Hitchcock said. "We're going to have to figure out a way to fix it. ... We're going to have to have better starts, we're going to have to have more people engaged, we're going to have to play on our toes. Can't beat good teams playing on your heels.”
<clip>

Ain't gunna cut it.


Whatever, we are 6 points out of first with 4? games in hand. Every team plays poorly for a stretch, I'm stopping here. Have a good day.


We're playing poorly against the SAME teams and we'll be seeing at least one of them in the playoffs, maybe two. What's our answer to that?
I don't think we want another Presidents Trophy, I think we'd want the Cup.


If you can dismiss the President's Trophy as meaningless as it's a regular season award, wouldn't it logically follow that you should dismiss results of the regular season as a whole, including our play against the Pacific.

I posted it in another thread, but I'll say it again. I'm a little concerned about our losses to the Pacific. But, there are 3 scenarios in which we can play them in the playoffs.

1. We finish 4th in our division (let's just eliminate this. We are finishing 1st or 2nd).
2. We win our division and have home ice vs their 4th or 5th place team. That's Vancouver or Phoenix right now. Neither team scares me. At all.
3. We win 2 rounds (almost certainly including a round against the blackhawks) and meet in the conference finals. If we win 2 playoff series including 1 against Chicago, I'd like to think that we are playing well enough to ignore a very small snippet of the first half of the regular season that you are otherwise dismissive of.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Kerfuffle, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group