It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:08 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Non-Troll Thread!!!!


USA - Finland (Ladies Hockey) starts now on NBCSN..

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:28 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2262
Location: Kirkwood, MO
Is this game going on right now? sorry, but I'm all fucked up on the time. I'm drinking in a campsite in Queenstown, New Zealand right now. I've had a few and I'm trying ton convert Sochi time to Stl time to New Zealand time.

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:24 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
F Keenan wrote:
Is this game going on right now? sorry, but I'm all (Frank) up on the time. I'm drinking in a campsite in Queenstown, New Zealand right now. I've had a few and I'm trying ton convert Sochi time to Stl time to New Zealand time.


Dude, you get a medal!

math sucks! 3-1 final USA ladieeeez over the finlish laaaadies

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
Team Canada(Women's) had 69 shots in there 5-0 win against Switzerland just now. Wow.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:08 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
Damn. It's hard to have a .927 save percentage and 5.00 GAA at the same time.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:47 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8270
Location: Long Island, NY
cardsfan04 wrote:
Damn. It's hard to have a .927 save percentage and 5.00 GAA at the same time.


Maybe they should trade for Ryan Miller.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:52 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Since it's Blues related (and we've had 0 posts in 2 days)


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:40 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 7:05 pm
Posts: 11892
It would be actually only be considered news if they weren't paired together.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
When it was time to win, the US women folded like a cheap tent against Canada. Really pitiful third period.

We're a couple days away from most major media catching on, but the US has sucked in nearly everything so far in this Olympics. This is one of the worst American performances in recent memory. If the men's hockey team fails to medal, that would be the capper.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:20 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
Nyghtewynd wrote:
When it was time to win, the US women folded like a cheap tent against Canada. Really pitiful third period.

We're a couple days away from most major media catching on, but the US has sucked in nearly everything so far in this Olympics. This is one of the worst American performances in recent memory. If the men's hockey team fails to medal, that would be the capper.

A little harsh don't you think? Jeeze, they scored a late goal and almost forced OT.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:53 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9716
Location: Billings, MT
Sure, now Berglund scores...

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:16 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2003 1:41 am
Posts: 4555
Location: St. Louis, MO
I don't think it's harsh at all. At one point in the third, shots were 11-0 Canada. That's just sad.

They're now 0-1 in games that matter. They have two games left that matter.

And I don't think the latter judgment about the entire team is harsh at all. In a couple of days, everyone else will notice how terrible this performance has been. A men's hockey gold medal might change that analysis, but that's about it.

_________________
dhabums wrote:
You and your buddies here are a joke and most of this site knows it.


Sponsor of Having A Real Good Time, Happy Pony, and all those who suffer from being right all the time.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:51 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Nyghtewynd wrote:
I don't think it's harsh at all. At one point in the third, shots were 11-0 Canada. That's just sad.

They're now 0-1 in games that matter. They have two games left that matter.

And I don't think the latter judgment about the entire team is harsh at all. In a couple of days, everyone else will notice how terrible this performance has been. A men's hockey gold medal might change that analysis, but that's about it.


In 2010, the US men romped over Canada in the group stage only to lose to them in the Gold Medal game. The women still have time for revenge.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:08 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8270
Location: Long Island, NY
If we're not complaining about the Blues, there's always something else to complain about, huh?

If anyone should be complaining, based on the account described to me since I missed the game, it's team Japan for getting righteously screwed against Russia in the womens game.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
glen a richter wrote:
If we're not complaining about the Blues, there's always something else to complain about, huh?

If anyone should be complaining, based on the account described to me since I missed the game, it's team Japan for getting righteously screwed against Russia in the womens game.

I was watching that game, crazy stuff. They didn't even review the goal.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:01 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
US now in 2nd in the medal count with 12.

Is there a spoiler protocol for talking about the US hockey game this morning?

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 12:16 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
cardsfan04 wrote:
US now in 2nd in the medal count with 12.

Is there a spoiler protocol for talking about the US hockey game this morning?


Personally, I would say no, since if you are trying to avoid the score of the game, it might not be a good idea to come to a place primarily devoted to hockey. But that's just me...haha.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:41 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3205
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
US now in 2nd in the medal count with 12.

Is there a spoiler protocol for talking about the US hockey game this morning?


Personally, I would say no, since if you are trying to avoid the score of the game, it might not be a good idea to come to a place primarily devoted to hockey. But that's just me...haha.


heh, yeah, good point.

I was kind of hoping for a 1-0 win with a goal from Backes assisted by Oshie and Shattenkirk. I haven't seen by a very small part of the first period yet, but it appears Halak got lit up in the 2nd. Hopefully he doesn't come back from Sochi without any confidence.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:25 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 9:08 am
Posts: 679
cardsfan04 wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
US now in 2nd in the medal count with 12.

Is there a spoiler protocol for talking about the US hockey game this morning?


Personally, I would say no, since if you are trying to avoid the score of the game, it might not be a good idea to come to a place primarily devoted to hockey. But that's just me...haha.


heh, yeah, good point.

I was kind of hoping for a 1-0 win with a goal from Backes assisted by Oshie and Shattenkirk. I haven't seen by a very small part of the first period yet, but it appears Halak got lit up in the 2nd. Hopefully he doesn't come back from Sochi without any confidence.


... or with another groin injury...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: OLYMPIC HOCKEY!!!
PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:34 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
Berglund had another assist this morning. Man, he's putting up points for Sweden. Maybe if we changed our colors to blue and yellow to fake him out on which team he plays for. Wait....

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group