It is currently Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:38 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:55 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:02 am
Posts: 7325
Location: In Hiding
The Sharks are done...Up 3-0 lose 4 straight...Sharks welcome to golf...

_________________
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Portland Orygun
Ouch... :grin:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:18 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3055
Location: Yorktown, VA
Couldn't have happened to a better bunch. :lol:

On the downside, I picked Sharks in 7... :doh:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 5:38 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Wow, could LA come back and win this? I think only 2 teams in NHL history have won from being down 3-0.


This was the fourth NHL team to do this.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 9:14 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:02 am
Posts: 7325
Location: In Hiding
The bright side is they are no longer talking about the Blues now... :okman:

_________________
2014-2015 official sponsor of Jay Bouwmeester (aka Jay-bo)
I hate the Shitcago "Black Holes"©®™...they really suck that much...
The Detoilet "dude bangs" ©®™... suck too...repeatedly and more often... ;)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:12 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4992
Location: Phi Alpha
The Sharks have just hit rock bottom.

You want to talk about perspective? Good Lord. These guys gotta be on suicide watch by this point. What do you even say? When were they last out of the first round? And to drop this one in NHL-historically epic fail proportions? There are no words. Epic, epic fail. McClellan (sp) will be fired over this one.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
WaukeeBlues wrote:
The Sharks have just hit rock bottom.

You want to talk about perspective? Good Lord. These guys gotta be on suicide watch by this point. What do you even say? When were they last out of the first round? And to drop this one in NHL-historically epic fail proportions? There are no words. Epic, epic fail. McClellan (sp) will be fired over this one.


And the funny thing (not 'ha ha' funny) is that they're loaded with offensive talent. Goes to show there is no secret recipe.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 10:31 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4992
Location: Phi Alpha
dmiles2186 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
The Sharks have just hit rock bottom.

You want to talk about perspective? Good Lord. These guys gotta be on suicide watch by this point. What do you even say? When were they last out of the first round? And to drop this one in NHL-historically epic fail proportions? There are no words. Epic, epic fail. McClellan (sp) will be fired over this one.


And the funny thing (not 'ha ha' funny) is that they're loaded with offensive talent. Goes to show there is no secret recipe.


And to answer my own stupid question, the Sharks last won a series.. last year haha.

The Sharks are kind of like us, honestly. They have talent (and probably more than we do), but just CANNOT seem to get over than hump.

The only times they've made it as far as the conference finals in the last decade (twice), they lost 4-0 and 4-1. Not terribly inspiring. Every other time they've been bounced it's been the first or second round. Lot of similarities between the two teams.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 3:14 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 449
How does a team blow a 3-0 lead? Shows a weak mental state of the game. The Kings got in their heads and it was evident all game 7.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:12 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2151
Location: St. Louis, MO
Kerfuffle wrote:
How does a team blow a 3-0 lead? Shows a weak mental state of the game. The Kings got in their heads and it was evident all game 7.


We don't know, even we haven't done that.

You can ask Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, and now San Jose... we don't suck that bad...



... or do we never go up 3-0?

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 4:17 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2490
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
sseagle wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
How does a team blow a 3-0 lead? Shows a weak mental state of the game. The Kings got in their heads and it was evident all game 7.


We don't know, even we haven't done that.

You can ask Detroit, Pittsburgh, Boston, and now San Jose... we don't suck that bad...



... or do we never go up 3-0?

They lost 4 straight games. Same as us. Same thing in my book.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:41 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
sseagle wrote:
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
Wow, could LA come back and win this? I think only 2 teams in NHL history have won from being down 3-0.


This was the fourth NHL team to do this.


But LA is only the 2nd team to be down 2-0 one year (to us) and come back and win and then be down 3-0 the next year and come back and win!

The Blues look like Cup champions compared to the Sharks! :lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group