It is currently Wed May 27, 2015 2:04 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:23 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 366
Keith says to a disillusioned Backes "Wakey, wakey, Backes" at 0:46 in the video. Completely classless.

Oh, and Keith slashes Oshie's hand at 2:17 and Oshie holds it in pain.

What a goon team.

EDIT: I guess this would've helped. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2035907-blackhawks-player-yells-wakey-wakey-backes-after-brent-seabrooks-hit?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

_________________
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:34 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 1:26 am
Posts: 20428
Location: Center Ice
Not to mention Toewes taunting Backes or yelling at him or whatever when he was doing when Backes was trying to stand up.

_________________
Image
Image

2014-2015 Sponsor -- Blues Asst. Coach Kirk Muller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:44 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
I wonder why only the HNIC feed picked it up?

I'm no expert on these things but the hit didn't look too bad. Seabrook said he was just finishing his check and the NBC announcers noted no penalty was initially called. The Kjarlmasson hit on Backes in game 1 looked worse and over the years I've seen lots of hits that look worse.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:13 am 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:29 am
Posts: 14
The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

The BIG problem I have, is with the league, and their explanation of Seabrook's punishment. Not where is there mention of the hit to the head, nor Seabrook lifting off the ice for momentum. I feel redeemed that the fool will not be on the ice for three games, But at the cost of our captain??

Tonight will tell how the rest of this series will go...I just hope that we can steal one and head back home to friendlier confines....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:06 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:43 am
Posts: 523
ramsfan115 wrote:
The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

The BIG problem I have, is with the league, and their explanation of Seabrook's punishment. Not where is there mention of the hit to the head, nor Seabrook lifting off the ice for momentum. I feel redeemed that the fool will not be on the ice for three games, But at the cost of our captain??

Tonight will tell how the rest of this series will go...I just hope that we can steal one and head back home to friendlier confines....


Don't pay attention to that guy. He's an idiot. He's been pulling that shit on other message boards. I think he's Ed Olczyk trying to justify is stupid-ass comment about the hit not being a penalty.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:33 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2473
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
Jackman5 wrote:
ramsfan115 wrote:
The hit didn't look that bad?? did you not just see the video?? Seabrook hit Backes on the "botton" ( right where the jaw hinges) virtually knocking him out. Then drives through the check with his elbow, causing Backes' head to sling shot in to the glass...nasty, dirty hit...

The BIG problem I have, is with the league, and their explanation of Seabrook's punishment. Not where is there mention of the hit to the head, nor Seabrook lifting off the ice for momentum. I feel redeemed that the fool will not be on the ice for three games, But at the cost of our captain??

Tonight will tell how the rest of this series will go...I just hope that we can steal one and head back home to friendlier confines....


Don't pay attention to that guy. He's an idiot. He's been pulling that shit on other message boards. I think he's Ed Olczyk trying to justify is stupid-ass comment about the hit not being a penalty.

I think the guy is just a troll, been waiting for the guy to say something dumb like this lol.

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:52 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:24 pm
Posts: 1084
FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

Reed Low actually played the game so he knows better than you MORONS calling me a troll simply because YOU are wrong! I've been watching hockey over 25 years and I've seen hits so hard they end up in the bench or the 1st row of seats! This hit was not THAT bad!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:17 am 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:43 am
Posts: 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wfSViLSA1w


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 3131
It'll be interesting to see if the refs are on watch for his slashing tonight. Wouldn't shock me if he gets called for that pretty early.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 10:43 am
Posts: 523
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

Reed Low actually played the game so he knows better than you MORONS calling me a troll simply because YOU are wrong! I've been watching hockey over 25 years and I've seen hits so hard they end up in the bench or the 1st row of seats! This hit was not THAT bad!


You keep coming back with the NBC announcers. One of them is a Hawks color man. You're really not that stupid, are you?

As far as that hit being "not THAT bad," let Roman Polak bash your head into the boards going full steam and see how bad it really is.

Now, why don't you go to a Hawks board and see if you can get a job washing Ed Olczyk's car, or servicing his dog or kissing Duncan Keith's or Brent Seabrook's Stanley Cup ring.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:34 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
T-shirts! Get your T-shirts here!


_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:28 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9714
Location: Billings, MT
(frank) these clowns and their (frank) fans too. Just win games. They can douche it up all they want.

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:44 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:25 pm
Posts: 381
dmiles2186 wrote:
T-shirts! Get your T-shirts here!




Every sports franchise has fans who are idiots. These shirts will just make it easier to spot the idiots who root for the Blackhawks.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 1:58 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6717
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
ViPeRx007 wrote:
(frank) these clowns and their (frank) fans too. Just win games. They can douche it up all they want.


Clearly, we're not in their class in terms of celebrating brain injuries. We've gotta step our game up!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:40 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8116
Location: Long Island, NY
Complete lack of class, thy name is Chicago.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:09 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8116
Location: Long Island, NY
Also, JesusNEVERexisted, the hit didn't look bad? Backes is lucky he's not dead. Were we watching the same game or are you a Hawks sympathizer masquerading as a Blues fan?

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:50 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17130
Who is this JesusNeverExisted f***tard?

I'm not a Christian, but Jesus actually did exist. Mix in a history class sometime, tardling.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:44 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1023
JesusNEVERexisted wrote:
FYI, on KTRS this am they asked Reed Low about it and even HE said it happens all the time! He said when he played he would get knocked out and players would skate by and taunt him and say "I thought you were a tough guy b*itch!". And remember even the NBC announcers said no penalty was called!

Reed Low actually played the game so he knows better than you MORONS calling me a troll simply because YOU are wrong! I've been watching hockey over 25 years and I've seen hits so hard they end up in the bench or the 1st row of seats! This hit was not THAT bad!


REED LOW?! HAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!

Wait wait wait, you mean the Reed Low who played for a handful of years for us, turned traitor and signed with the Hawks who sent him down a few months later and he retired at the age of....31. THAT Reed Low? We're going to listen to HIS Opinion??? The only thing he knows in detail is a penalty box.

Look, it's really simple, pay attention: IT WAS A DIRTY HIT. SEABROOK TARGETED BACKES HEAD. OKAY???

Duncan Keith isn't just a dirty hockey player, he is a pathetic excuse for a human being along with the entire Blackhawks franchise and it's fan base. Toews, who had a major skull fracture shouldn't allow this. HE is captain of the team and if these fools are acting this way, and this is NOT the first time the Hawks have reacted to a hurt player with this piss-poor thuggish mentality with absolutely NO concern for human life says everything I need to know about Toews as a hockey player, a captain, a leader and a human being.

Because of how Ken Hitchcock, as a LEADER, has approached this situation and how he is handling it has made me fall in love with him. The Hawks do NOT have the skills of Schwartz and Tarasenko, they do NOT have the physicality we're bringing and they do NOT have the goaltending depth that we enjoy. So, as human beings and players of class, they're going to try and do the one thing they can - hurt players. They've already conceded who the better team is and that's US. And all they're going to try and do now is goon it up.

I say before we're sweeping this and I'm saying it again today. We're sweeping. Jesusneverexisted is getting a visit from Jesus, some Martians and as a special guest - Buddah.

To our guys, boys: Stay Calm and Bleed Blue.

Let's put these fuggin dogs down.

_________________
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:39 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 8116
Location: Long Island, NY
goon attack wrote:
Who is this JesusNeverExisted f***tard?

I'm not a Christian, but Jesus actually did exist. Mix in a history class sometime, tardling.


Newb, I was under the impression he was actually a Blues fan but his comments in this thread lead me to the understanding that he's just a Hawks troll. Kind of surprised his handle didn't set anyone off earlier.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:37 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:26 pm
Posts: 366
In all seriousness though, this kind of stuff does make good playoff hockey. I mean with Quennvelle's crotch grab, and the Seabrook hit, the Blues/Blackhawks series is probably the most talked about right now.

_________________
Official 2011-'12 sponsor of the hot chick from the FSMW Blues commercials.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group