It is currently Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:50 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:17 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

Scott Hamilton was the toughest skater on the Men's Olympic Skating Team. Almost as tough as Tara Lipinski. All are tougher than Brent Seabrook.

Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:30 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

goon attack wrote:
Scott Hamilton was the toughest skater on the Men's Olympic Skating Team. Almost as tough as Tara Lipinski. All are tougher than Brent Seabrook.

:)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:46 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

goon attack wrote:
The Nancy Kerrigan of Hockey. Even Tonya Harding gets a chuckle out of Seabrooze...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:40 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

He's been known to frequent Cheli's hot tub parties...MEN ONLY.

Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:43 am 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

We are guaranteed to see Seabrook again this series on Sunday. Any predictions? Brawl? Reaves/Ott vs Seabrook fight? Hard hit to settle the score? My prediction is this: nothing will happen. The Blues will stay disciplined and focus on the series. Just my opinion - but I could be wrong. We'll see.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:02 am 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Nothing will happen this year. Next year, he'll get it though. Unfortunately, playoffs aren't the time to settle scores.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:35 am 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

cardsfan04 wrote:
Nothing will happen this year. Next year, he'll get it though. Unfortunately, playoffs aren't the time to settle scores.

I agree 100%. But if you watch Dan Millbury on the NHL network he's one of these guys that believes scores should be settled immediately and usually lashes out against the team that doesn't. When Torres layed out Hossa in the 2012 playoffs we had against Phoenix, Dan was critical of the Hawks for not retaliating until the following season and said we lost that series cause we didn't do anything about it. But granted Torres was suspended for like 21 games so we wouldn't have been able to get him anyhow. In 1991 we won the President's Trophy and played the North Stars in round 1 - and lost. The reason was that we played undisciplined and kept trying to settle scores and ended up spending too much time in the box. I've just always felt that when my Hawks tried to get even in the playoffs we usually ended up getting hurt more by that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:15 am 
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow

Duncan Keith is a bitch. Don't believe me, just ask Dandy Don:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:19 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Kerfuffle wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

I agree 100%. But if you watch Dan Millbury on the NHL network he's one of these guys that believes scores should be settled immediately and usually lashes out against the team that doesn't. When Torres layed out Hossa in the 2012 playoffs we had against Phoenix, Dan was critical of the Hawks for not retaliating until the following season and said we lost that series cause we didn't do anything about it. But granted Torres was suspended for like 21 games so we wouldn't have been able to get him anyhow. In 1991 we won the President's Trophy and played the North Stars in round 1 - and lost. The reason was that we played undisciplined and kept trying to settle scores and ended up spending too much time in the box. I've just always felt that when my Hawks tried to get even in the playoffs we usually ended up getting hurt more by that.

It's Mike Millbury.
And there will be plenty of time to get Seabrook back. And yes...there will be payback next year...but not in this series, not if the Blues want to win it.

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion