listen to Lets Go Blues Radio on iTunes!

subscribe to the podcast

It is currently Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:25 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:13 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:43 am
Posts: 2982
Oaklandblue wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
and btw, it pissed me off more than anyone to hear Keith saying that crap, but will you fookin' pansies shut up with this internet outrage over it? Shit worse than that gets said all the damn time. If you want to watch choirboys, then put on some pink tutus and go watch ice dancing, you pansies. :facepalm:

Wakey Wakey Backes was indeed classeless... but it just made NHL lore. I suggest all Blues fans wear the shirt as a rallying point.


I get what you're saying, but I think it's just natural reaction. Captain gets hurt on dirty hit . . . in the playoffs . . . by a hated rival . . . and they laugh about it. I don't care what fanbase it is, the guy yelling Wakey Wakey is gonna get called out on message boards. There might be worse things said during the game by both teams (although this really was low), but him getting called out on message boards is just how it works IMO.


You know, I think it all comes down to the fact that IF Keith actually said "Yes, I said it" instead of playing the forgetful memory game people may still hate him, but have some respect for the guy because he was honest. He can't even do that. Says everything I need to know about him.


Maybe. I think playing forgetful just added a layer to it though. If he admitted it, I don't think we would be like, "Wow, that was classy of him to own it." 100% of our bitching would be about him saying instead of 95% about him saying it and 5% about him playing dumb.

_________________
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:15 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 929
cardsfan04 wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
and btw, it pissed me off more than anyone to hear Keith saying that crap, but will you fookin' pansies shut up with this internet outrage over it? Shit worse than that gets said all the damn time. If you want to watch choirboys, then put on some pink tutus and go watch ice dancing, you pansies. :facepalm:

Wakey Wakey Backes was indeed classeless... but it just made NHL lore. I suggest all Blues fans wear the shirt as a rallying point.


I get what you're saying, but I think it's just natural reaction. Captain gets hurt on dirty hit . . . in the playoffs . . . by a hated rival . . . and they laugh about it. I don't care what fanbase it is, the guy yelling Wakey Wakey is gonna get called out on message boards. There might be worse things said during the game by both teams (although this really was low), but him getting called out on message boards is just how it works IMO.


You know, I think it all comes down to the fact that IF Keith actually said "Yes, I said it" instead of playing the forgetful memory game people may still hate him, but have some respect for the guy because he was honest. He can't even do that. Says everything I need to know about him.


Maybe. I think playing forgetful just added a layer to it though. If he admitted it, I don't think we would be like, "Wow, that was classy of him to own it." 100% of our bitching would be about him saying instead of 95% about him saying it and 5% about him playing dumb.


Thing is, everyone's bitching about him saying it anyway. Now we're complaining about him both saying it AND being a liar so from hereonin, anything he says or does is going to be held in contempt. Like it matters to us, but you know, if he was a halfway decent human being, it'd matter to him. And it doesn't, unless someone keeps asking him about it and he "bristles" up and keeps claiming to have a faulty memory. Scum of the Earth.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:45 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7864
Location: Long Island, NY
I can get in the heat of the moment things are said that shouldn't be said under the circumstances. That he didn't come out and at least say something along the lines of "We're all pulling for Backes to make a quick recovery. Hockey is physical and competitive in its nature, but no one wants to see anyone injured." pisses me off. If someone had nearly knocked Toews' head off, I'm sure the Blues organization would be responding with more class. That someone made a "wakey wakey" shirt is utter bullshit though, and that's on the fans, not the team. Hawks fans have even less class than their already classless favorite team.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:18 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6600
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
goon attack wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
In honor of our Captain...




I don't know if anything by these doucher commies would ever be considered an honor.


I can post some Toby Keith, if you rather, but his music sucks. Is he a 'doucher commie?'

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:21 pm 
Offline
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2003 9:25 pm
Posts: 371
Not to belabor the point (anyway the tu-tau ice dancing is blacked out here in Chicago)

Keith and Toews both playing the can't remember card is pretty pathetic. Keith basically didn't say he didn't say it and so the reporter reasked the question and he got pissed off ("how many times do you want me to say the same things")

It just gives further evidence of it being both unsportsmanlike and "gutless" as Reaves called it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:32 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:41 pm
Posts: 2424
Location: -Saint Freaking Louis-
dmiles2186 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
In honor of our Captain...




I don't know if anything by these doucher commies would ever be considered an honor.


I can post some Toby Keith, if you rather, but his music sucks. Is he a 'doucher commie?'

I was waiting for this one, love RATM

_________________
Image
Official Stalker of Paul "Speedy Gonzalez" Kariya
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
TW Tiger Woods TW


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:34 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
dmiles2186 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
In honor of our Captain...




I don't know if anything by these doucher commies would ever be considered an honor.


I can post some Toby Keith, if you rather, but his music sucks. Is he a 'doucher commie?'


yes, yes he is..

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:56 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:18 am
Posts: 3383
Location: U. City or 113 U after that check the hospitals.
Is there anyone who is having audio issues with dish network Fox sports Midwest high definition HD 418?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
Mayersfan21 wrote:
Is there anyone who is having audio issues with dish network Fox sports Midwest high definition HD 418?



Doh I read this wrong, no I have directv.. its working for now

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:17 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
Crawford is having trouble holding onto the puck tonight...

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
A flukey goal, a Blues team ramping up throughout the period, and pouring on the shot attempts.

I feel content.

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:23 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7864
Location: Long Island, NY
In spite of the score, Chicago looks sloppy and the Blues are playing better than them. Keep the pressure on in the 2nd and the goals will come.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:26 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
glen a richter wrote:
In spite of the score, Chicago looks sloppy and the Blues are playing better than them. Keep the pressure on in the 2nd and the goals will come.


pretty much, chicago seems to be getting caught with their sticks flying around tonight too

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:58 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:27 pm
Posts: 3350
Location: Anywhere but here
I can't watch the game here in KC (again).

Did Berglung get injured again or is hitch just keeping on the bench?

_________________
Official 2008-2014 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Official 2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Barret Jackman
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:59 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
I can't watch the game here in KC (again).

Did Berglung get injured again or is hitch just keeping on the bench?


He is out there, boat caught a shot and is in the locker room... (with his hand)

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:02 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
Boat is back on the bench!

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:04 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 929
sseagle wrote:
not_a_wings_fan wrote:
I can't watch the game here in KC (again).

Did Berglung get injured again or is hitch just keeping on the bench?


He is out there, boat caught a shot and is in the locker room... (with his hand)


And the Boat returns!

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:18 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2126
Location: St. Louis, MO
Great kills, nice work by Miller.

Up the offensive pressure and take this series away..

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:20 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 7864
Location: Long Island, NY
Dumbass penalties, no good. That too many men, they may as well have had the whole bench out there. Horrible change.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole 2011-2012
LGB sponsor of Gary Bettman's Pink Slip 2013
LGB sponsor of Dmitrij Jaskin 2013-2014
LGB sponsor of Ian Cole (again) 2014-2015


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:21 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 929
One connect. That's all it's going to take and the floodgate of goals will open for us. We so got this.

_________________
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Fradi, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group