Let's Go Blues :: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98FM
Let's Go Blues
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/

GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98FM
http://www.letsgoblues.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30704
Page 7 of 7

Author:  STLADOGG [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:06 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

Great series, the better team won.

Author:  flyingnote38 [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

Kerfuffle wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Three happiest guys over the Blues flaming out: Perron, Stewart, Halak.


Yeah I was thinking that Halak is probably the happiest guy in the room today. That guy seemed ticked (and I would be too) when he got dealt - cause he led you guys all season and kept winning and then for some reason upper mgmt decides that the goalie position is the problem and deal him away. Sometimes the deals you DON"T make are the best ones. Miller's stock is still high because of the 2010 Olympics and that gold medal game which American fell in love with him for. But I think if something isn't broke (Halak) you don't fix it.


I referred to this a "pursuing folly." Acting against your own self interest while at least some critics point out at the time that that is what you are doing. It is the sort of high profile move that should get you fired if you are wrong.

Author:  Oaklandblue [ Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:01 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

flyingnote38 wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
Three happiest guys over the Blues flaming out: Perron, Stewart, Halak.


Yeah I was thinking that Halak is probably the happiest guy in the room today. That guy seemed ticked (and I would be too) when he got dealt - cause he led you guys all season and kept winning and then for some reason upper mgmt decides that the goalie position is the problem and deal him away. Sometimes the deals you DON"T make are the best ones. Miller's stock is still high because of the 2010 Olympics and that gold medal game which American fell in love with him for. But I think if something isn't broke (Halak) you don't fix it.


I referred to this a "pursuing folly." Acting against your own self interest while at least some critics point out at the time that that is what you are doing. It is the sort of high profile move that should get you fired if you are wrong.


Someone is still peeved of not being in St. Louis anymore, I see. Another year of that and he'll look like Palpatine from Star Wars..embrace the dark side, David Perron, for you and your team it is known as the Cellar. *hahhh hahhhs*

Author:  fargoblues [ Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:31 am ]
Post subject:  Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

well, fellers. I had the pleasure of watching that debacle on tape delay. :facepalm: is all I have to say.

See you guys next year on teh fleshchats.

Author:  Kerfuffle [ Mon Apr 28, 2014 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: GDT Game 6: 4/27/14 > Blues @ Hawks > 2:00 PM > NBC/Y98F

NHL network last night was playing up that 2-year comparison for you guys. It is really freaky just how similar the results were - not so much blowing a 2-0 series lead but rather just how the games ended with the same guys getting the winning goals in 1 and 2, and the same exact score in games 4 and 5, and a shutout that matched game 3 from the prior year. Definitely one of the most coincidental things I've ever seen.

But overall the analysis seems to be about the same coming from all the 'experts' that I heard and it was this:
1) While Miller played well in games 1-5 he was not able to 'steal' a game. Also some are questioning the trade to move Halak and that what was really needed was to keep Halak and bring a sniper to St. Louis at the trade deadline (i.e. Gaborik and a few others were available that they said the Blues passed on)
2) The lack of PP killed you guys and most notably in game 6 when you had 6 consecutive PPs
3) Lack of a star player. Maybe this is being said to fuel the Ovie to St. Louis discussion but the thought was you guys have excellent forwards but not a 'star'.

Page 7 of 7 All times are UTC - 6 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/