It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 10:00 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:03 pm
Posts: 2188
Location: St. Louis, MO
Thursday, April 13, 9:30pm: Flames @ Ducks | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Saturday, April 15, 9:30pm: Flames @ Ducks | NBCSN, CBC, TVA Sports
Monday, April 17, 9pm: Ducks @ Flames | CBC, TVA Sports, NBCSN
Wednesday, April 19, 9pm: Ducks @ Flames | CBC, TVA Sports, USA
Friday, April 21, TBD: Flames @ Ducks | TBD
Sunday, April 23, TBD: Ducks @ Flames | TBD
Tuesday, April 25, TBD: Flames @ Ducks | TBD

_________________
Official Chatzy Sponsor Extraordinaire - Just wait till we score four...

Official Sponsor of FlashChat.. why am I alone still?

Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:46 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9605
Location: Long Island, NY
Anaheim in 6

_________________
LGB sponsor of Vince Dunn 2017-2018


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:55 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 582
Brian Elliott 2017 playoffs:
Flames are down 0-3
.887 save % (dead last)
3.67 GAA (dead last)

_________________
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko.
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:28 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1409
Toasted Oates wrote:
Brian Elliott 2017 playoffs:
Flames are down 0-3
.887 save % (dead last)
3.67 GAA (dead last)


This series has been very, very disappointing. Ells got shelled in the last ten minutes of Game 3 when the Flames got lacksadaisal and pretty much stopped playing. Flames have also been unable to stay out of the box which has costed them as well. Add in that this year's Brouwer and their fourth line is absolute trash, I just don't see them getting much farther and I really don't see Ells having a job in Calgary after this year. As much as I'd love to try and defend the guy due to a Year 3 rebuild team having issues, there were opportunities that some have said was puck luck that I kind of have to disagree with. It happens, but the Flames core look far better than they did a short time ago. They just have to build up. I don't see them winning Game 4, but anything can happen if they simply follow just a little discipline.

So yeah, in short I was wrong. I had told Theohall that Jake Allen would need to dial in .920 or better for the Blues to have a shot in the playoffs or to prove me wrong. Theohall thought I was nuts. Well:

2016-2017 Playoffs .974, .091

At least I was right about that :). My only concern is how he handles pressure when it comes down to it. Game 4 will be a good test of that, and if he stays dialed in and healthy, we may actually make the run. As it stands, Jake Allen's the guy and his contract is duly deserved.

Special shout-out to Brodeur because he obviously had a hand in the success of goal tending while in the Note. Quite possibly one off the best acquisitions we've made for the Front Office.

_________________
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Oaklandblue wrote:
Toasted Oates wrote:
Brian Elliott 2017 playoffs:
Flames are down 0-3
.887 save % (dead last)
3.67 GAA (dead last)


This series has been very, very disappointing. Ells got shelled in the last ten minutes of Game 3 when the Flames got lacksadaisal and pretty much stopped playing. Flames have also been unable to stay out of the box which has costed them as well. Add in that this year's Brouwer and their fourth line is absolute trash, I just don't see them getting much farther and I really don't see Ells having a job in Calgary after this year. As much as I'd love to try and defend the guy due to a Year 3 rebuild team having issues, there were opportunities that some have said was puck luck that I kind of have to disagree with. It happens, but the Flames core look far better than they did a short time ago. They just have to build up. I don't see them winning Game 4, but anything can happen if they simply follow just a little discipline.

So yeah, in short I was wrong. I had told Theohall that Jake Allen would need to dial in .920 or better for the Blues to have a shot in the playoffs or to prove me wrong. Theohall thought I was nuts. Well:

2016-2017 Playoffs .974, .091

At least I was right about that :). My only concern is how he handles pressure when it comes down to it. Game 4 will be a good test of that, and if he stays dialed in and healthy, we may actually make the run. As it stands, Jake Allen's the guy and his contract is duly deserved.

Special shout-out to Brodeur because he obviously had a hand in the success of goal tending while in the Note. Quite possibly one off the best acquisitions we've made for the Front Office.


So Allen hasn't handled pressure, yet? Seriously?

If the Blues were playing better offensively, it wouldn't all be on Allen and the .940 thing wouldn't be necessary. It's only necessary thanks to lack of offense. I was confident Allen could play at this level, unlike this other poster who claimed Allen never won anything at any level.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn 2017-2018 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:20 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:20 pm
Posts: 1409
theohall wrote:
Oaklandblue wrote:
Toasted Oates wrote:
Brian Elliott 2017 playoffs:
Flames are down 0-3
.887 save % (dead last)
3.67 GAA (dead last)


This series has been very, very disappointing. Ells got shelled in the last ten minutes of Game 3 when the Flames got lacksadaisal and pretty much stopped playing. Flames have also been unable to stay out of the box which has costed them as well. Add in that this year's Brouwer and their fourth line is absolute trash, I just don't see them getting much farther and I really don't see Ells having a job in Calgary after this year. As much as I'd love to try and defend the guy due to a Year 3 rebuild team having issues, there were opportunities that some have said was puck luck that I kind of have to disagree with. It happens, but the Flames core look far better than they did a short time ago. They just have to build up. I don't see them winning Game 4, but anything can happen if they simply follow just a little discipline.

So yeah, in short I was wrong. I had told Theohall that Jake Allen would need to dial in .920 or better for the Blues to have a shot in the playoffs or to prove me wrong. Theohall thought I was nuts. Well:

2016-2017 Playoffs .974, .091

At least I was right about that :). My only concern is how he handles pressure when it comes down to it. Game 4 will be a good test of that, and if he stays dialed in and healthy, we may actually make the run. As it stands, Jake Allen's the guy and his contract is duly deserved.

Special shout-out to Brodeur because he obviously had a hand in the success of goal tending while in the Note. Quite possibly one off the best acquisitions we've made for the Front Office.


So Allen hasn't handled pressure, yet? Seriously?

If the Blues were playing better offensively, it wouldn't all be on Allen and the .940 thing wouldn't be necessary. It's only necessary thanks to lack of offense. I was confident Allen could play at this level, unlike this other poster who claimed Allen never won anything at any level.


Allen is behind the top Defense in the playoffs, bar none and when that D has failed, he hasn't; He's made some really amazing saves this series and has bailed us out and literally robbed the Wild at many turns. He's gotten his revenge and I'm really happy for that. But things don't get easier from here and this team isn't scoring goals consistently enough to make it easier on him or the defense. From where I'm sitting, unless our offense ignites with Stastny returning, we live and die by Jake Allen and I can honestly say I'm comfortable with that.

The whole 'Has Allen handled pressure yet' question is a silly one: It only gets harder from here. We are entering into uncharted territory and I'm willing to bet on Allen, but my concern about him being able to handle mounting pressure is not some knee-jerk concern, you know, this is a first for him too; it's not the NCAA, the AHL or whatever have you, this is the NHL and on the other end of the run is the most storied trophy in sports. How he handles that pressure, to me, dictates our fortunes.

If I was Yeo, I'd be on the offense to improve and I'd continue to forget we got some guy name Jori Lehtera on the roster.

_________________
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Alexander Steen
2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Jaromir Jagr, Calgary Flames
2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Brian Elliott, Calgary Flames
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Ryan "Turn that leaf on the wind into a shrimp on the bar-bee" Reaves
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Obviously Not Steve Ott
2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Steve "Chirps-A-Lot" Ott
2015 LGB Supporter of the New York Rangers
2014-2015 LGB Sponsor of Patrik "No-Timer" Berglund
2013-2014 LGB Sponsor of Derek "In The Middle" Roy
2012-2013 LGB Sponsor of Chris "NO SLEEP TIL THE CUP!" Stewart - Shhhhh!!!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 3:47 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 582
It's tough not to feel for Elliott. Gets yanked after giving up one goal on a bad angle last night and, as Oakland points out, his days in Calgary are likely finished.

I can't imagine him commanding much in free agency or a situation where he would go into camp as a starting goaltender. The guy took a chance on himself with the trade request and lost.

_________________
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko.
2017-2018 LGB sponsor of a damn fine rearguard, Capt. Alex Pietrangelo.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9605
Location: Long Island, NY
Where he ends up may depend on who winds up losing a goalie to Vegas. I would have thought Dallas was a possibility but I seriously doubt he'd play for Hitch again. Hell, maybe he'll just sign with Vegas as a FA. He might also look good backing up Thomas Greiss for the Islanders.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Vince Dunn 2017-2018


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:39 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5804
Location: Jacksonville, FL
If Vegas doesn't wind up with Fleury from the Penguins, I'll be surprised - unless the Penguins manage to trade him before the expansion draft and acquire someone to expose. Currently, they have to expose Fleury or Murray and there is no one else under contract which meets the eligibility criteria for the draft.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Brayden Schenn 2017-2018 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:24 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5498
Location: Phi Alpha
Oh my oh my what a difference a year makes.

That is all.

We trade two of our, at the time, most important players in Shatty and Elliott and not only get a return for them, make the team arguably BETTER after said trades.

Nuts.

_________________
Official 2017-2018 LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:42 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9605
Location: Long Island, NY
Pfft, Shattenkirk. All he was doing was holding back the actual talent. Great trade.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Vince Dunn 2017-2018


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 33 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group