It is currently Mon May 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Scramble time...

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:43 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

We better tie it soon. With the rate we are allowing breakaways, can't expect that they won't extend the lead.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:46 pm 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Running out of time.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:47 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Good shot by Edmundson!

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:47 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

50 years and counting...

:facepalm:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:48 pm 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

:doh:

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:50 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Didn't expect to get this far until a month or so was left in the season. Hard not to be disappointed though.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:51 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:56 pm 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Not upset, not disappointed, ... just ambivalent, because you knew it was going to happen. Only surprise is that we bumped Minnesota in 5.

Well, there's always ..... gah, I can't even say it.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 3:57 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Too bad! The Blues played a pretty decent road game. I'm unhappy, but it's understandable, given that Fabbri is out, and The Blues had several players hurting. At least we found out that Allen can be a top flight goalie, and that Sobotka is a quality player, and Edmundson has moved up a level.

All good things to know going into The Expansion Draft and off season, which should be very interesting.

Kind of a farce that Allen wasn't 2nd or 3rd Star of the game.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:01 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

cardsfan04 wrote:
Hopefully the refs do that "even up the PPs" thing and Nashville spends some time in the box. And, hopefully our PP shows up.

This only applied in Game 5 of this series and happened before the 3rd period started. The rest of the series - tough luck in the 3rd getting calls of any kind. At least this time, the calls against the Blues weren't questionable, like in earlier games.

Now we'll find out if if the Predators defense is for real when they face either the Ducks or Oilers. Both teams have outstanding speed from 3 lines which will challenge the Predators like the Blues and 'Hawks could not thanks to the Blues and 'Hawks lack of speed/skilled forward depth.

Fabbri being hurt, really hurt. He easily could have been the difference maker in this series. That guy proved he has another gear when it comes to playoffs vs regular season.

And, for pete's sake, give someone else PP responsibility not named Yeo. He is an absolute mess at in-game PP adjustments, an area which the Blues mastered in 15-16 with Muller behind the bench. Best example - while it wasn't a PP goal, the 2nd goal in game 5 resulted from a PP unit which had 55/6/91/17/26 on the ice. Did that happen at all in this game?? No.. - 20/27 - who are passers not shooters from the points. Put SHOOTERS ON THE DAMN POINTS ON THE POWER PLAY, MIKE!!!!! It's not that hard.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 pm 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Cheers to the Blues and their coach. A team built w/ mostly 3rd line underachievers wins two 2nd round games.

Cheers to #20 Alexander Steen, who played through a broken foot. Grateful for his effort.

Finally, cheers to #34 Jake Allen, who pulled his season from the ashes and kept his team in literally every playoff game.

This team should be damn good next year. However, I often worry about Doug being at the head of the table and I'm sure he'll pat himself on the back when he hits the radio waves in the coming days.

Go Blues

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 4:58 pm 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

I'm sure we'll hear more of this kind of thing, but Steen broke his foot in game 1 of the Minnesota series. He had to get an injection before the 1st and 3rd period of each game to numb that nerve.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 5:41 pm 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

That quick goal in the second killed the Blues. A slow start to the second period has plagued them all season long and did again today. A guy completely open during a 5-on-5 play - unforgivable.

Penalties were the other reason. Even though Predz didn't score on PP, it kills time and tires you out. Now i don't believe for a second that Predz only had 2 minutes worth of penalties but that's on refs' conscience. Blues didn't help themselves with Perron being the main reason.

This may be more fitting for a season post-mortem but I am ok with 57, 12 and 19 gone and replaced by 82, 49 and Schmaltz (don't know his number). i think 23 could replace 20 but that's probably wishful thinking given 20's contract.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 am 
Hockey God
Hockey God

cardsfan04 wrote:
I'm sure we'll hear more of this kind of thing, but Steen broke his foot in game 1 of the Minnesota series. He had to get an injection before the 1st and 3rd period of each game to numb that nerve.

:shock:

What these guys play through is nuts. Joe Thornton was just insane.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:40 am 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Toasted Oates wrote:
However, I often worry about Doug being at the head of the table and I'm sure he'll pat himself on the back when he hits the radio waves in the coming days.

Agreed - I thought the same thing before the series ended too. Armstrong was clearly a seller at the deadline and had given up on this season. The fact the Blues made the playoffs and had a strong end to the regular season was not something I bet he expected. At the time of trade deadline the Blues were competing for the 8th and final playoff seed. One wonders if the Blues would have gotten farther if he added some firepower to the team at that point. But now going into the offseason the strong finish the Blues have allows him to look good, even though he's not the one who deserves the credit.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:42 am 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Portland Blues wrote:
50 years and counting...

eh 50 is nothing - try 108 and you'll know what Cubs fans went through :)

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:07 pm 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

Kerfuffle wrote:
Portland Blues wrote:
50 years and counting...

eh 50 is nothing - try 108 and you'll know what Cubs fans went through :)

I can't wait 58 more years.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:21 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

In 58 years it's a foregone guarantee I'll be dead. Hell, I may be dead in 58 seconds, who the hell knows? I'm tired of waiting. My track record kind of sucks. I was 5 when my baseball team won, I wasn't anywhere near being born when my football team won, and my hockey team is the most unfortunate organization in the damn league. Just one time I want to know and understand the feeling of being a fan of a winner.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 8:24 pm 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Kerfuffle wrote:
Toasted Oates wrote:
However, I often worry about Doug being at the head of the table and I'm sure he'll pat himself on the back when he hits the radio waves in the coming days.

Agreed - I thought the same thing before the series ended too. Armstrong was clearly a seller at the deadline and had given up on this season. The fact the Blues made the playoffs and had a strong end to the regular season was not something I bet he expected. At the time of trade deadline the Blues were competing for the 8th and final playoff seed. One wonders if the Blues would have gotten farther if he added some firepower to the team at that point. But now going into the offseason the strong finish the Blues have allows him to look good, even though he's not the one who deserves the credit.

Concur 100%.

At least Yeo buried Perron and Berglund on the bench in the 3rd period of Game 6 and showed little to no faith in Lehtera. Have to pray Doug isn't so stubborn to realize he hasn't given his coach or core players enough support @ forward.

But as others have stated, some money will have to be moved around to fix his mistakes. If only we could hogtie the other GMs and make them take a few of our expensive 3rd liners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion