It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:41 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:52 pm 
Offline
Prospect
Prospect

Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:02 am
Posts: 11
Sending all the positive vibes towards the Anaheim Ducks I can muster.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:05 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5490
Location: Phi Alpha
Preds didn't deserve to win that game but such is team sports.

Congrats to 'em. Overall, they deserve to be in.

I just don't want the Pens to win it again...

_________________
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 569
It was cool to see Johansen get out on the ice after the game and have such a wide smile on his face. If it were me, I'd be feeling awful sorry for myself that I couldn't play in the Final. Looked just as happy for his teammates as he would be if he were in uniform. Hell of a group there in Nashville.

_________________
Image
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:06 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9537
Location: Long Island, NY
I suppose if you're going to lose in the playoffs, you should technically want the team that beat you to win it all. Otherwise you can just keep up with the "what ifs" rather than just accepting you genuinely lost to the better team. Still, I can't find myself rooting for Nashville.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Carter Hutton 2016-2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:12 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2003 7:46 pm
Posts: 3686
Location: Scott AFB, IL
glen a richter wrote:
I suppose if you're going to lose in the playoffs, you should technically want the team that beat you to win it all. Otherwise you can just keep up with the "what ifs" rather than just accepting you genuinely lost to the better team. Still, I can't find myself rooting for Nashville.


I agree- there is some consolation in losing to the team that wins it all- it is comforting to think that no one could have beaten them, because no one did.

Then on the other hand, there is the hatred factor- I also want the team that beat my team to get bounced, because they are obviously a bunch of dirty assholes who only won because they are a bunch of cheating effers and only a dimwit fanbase could cheer for that team.

Then there's Nashville. And I don't hate them- I think they're actually a pretty damn good team, with (mostly) stand-up players. We haven't encountered them enough in the postseason to say there's really a deep-seated rivalry or ugly history there yet. However, this year I still want them to lose. The idea of Nashville winning a Cup before St. Louis does is absolutely sickening to me. To the point where I would rather see Crosby hoist the Cup again before seeing a Stanley Cup banner in Nashville.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:42 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5672
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Sure glad you added "mostly" in there.

Subban and his diving and embellishments
Neal and his embellishments
Johansen whining about Kesler when he'd been pulling the same crap for two rounds already and had the nerve after starting the talk in public to claim Kesler started the public talk (not a Kesler fan either, but shut up Johansen).
blah

Shocked Kesler was called for interference in the 1st period of Game 6 considering how many times Subban has played defense by doing the same thing throughout the playoffs. Even Boucher questioned that call on the air.

The rest - yeah - stand up guys.

I'd rather see the Penguins or Senators win than the Predators.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:11 am 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:18 am
Posts: 892
I can't root for Nashville - I hate their policy of excluding visiting fans. Same with Tampa Bay.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:03 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9537
Location: Long Island, NY
I still want Ottawa to win, though I don't think they'll be able to come back now down 3-2. As a matter of technicality, even though the current Senators are a relatively young team, the Ottawa Senators franchise pre-dates even the original six, having started as a club in the 1800's. I don't consider the Sens an expansion team, I consider it righting a wrong, kind of like with Minnesota getting the Wild when they never should have lost the North Stars in the first place.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Carter Hutton 2016-2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:10 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5490
Location: Phi Alpha
glen a richter wrote:
I still want Ottawa to win, though I don't think they'll be able to come back now down 3-2. As a matter of technicality, even though the current Senators are a relatively young team, the Ottawa Senators franchise pre-dates even the original six, having started as a club in the 1800's. I don't consider the Sens an expansion team, I consider it righting a wrong, kind of like with Minnesota getting the Wild when they never should have lost the North Stars in the first place.


I really wanted the Coyotes to be the team to move back to Winnipeg so it could take the franchise history and record books with them. Alas. Instead it's just weird.

I think it's cool the Sens carried over the one retired number from the old franchise.

_________________
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:09 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5672
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Kerfuffle wrote:
I can't root for Nashville - I hate their policy of excluding visiting fans. Same with Tampa Bay.

Never had a problem as a Blues fan getting into Lightning games. And there always seems to be a healthy contingent of Blues fans at those games. At a drinking establishment after one of those, one of the locals kind of complained about all the out of town fans at Lightning games, but then stopped complaining when I pointed out those out of town fans going to games in Tampa help pay for the Lightning.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:06 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 569
No Stanley Cup finalist is without its share of villains. How many 90s Red Wings would you bother to piss on if they were on fire? Few and far between. But their fans have seen their favorite team go all the way, so I doubt my saltiness concerns them.

I'd love to see another fanbase salty about the Blues for once. 50 years and counting...

_________________
Image
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 7:31 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5672
Location: Jacksonville, FL
It will take more than Upshall and Reaves being salty for an opponent to feel that way about the Blues.

Where is the Blues annoying center?
Where is the Blues evil defenseman? (Edmundson could fill this role)
Where is a more skilled agitator who doesn't only play 4th line minutes?

No one fears facing Blues centers. No forwards are concerned about being mauled by Blues defenseman. I can't think of a single player on the Blues other teams "hate" playing against. These are three areas which need correcting if the Blues are serious about advancing in the playoffs. There are two skilled players opponents don't want to face (Fabbri and Tarasenko) and if one is missing the Blues become very easy to defend.

As to the "hate" thing, yeah, Ryan Reaves can be a pest, but he isn't someone other teams are going out of their way to deal with since he's only a 4th line player.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 4:05 pm 
Offline
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 18, 2009 3:59 pm
Posts: 569
theohall wrote:
It will take more than Upshall and Reaves being salty for an opponent to feel that way about the Blues.

Where is the Blues annoying center?
Where is the Blues evil defenseman? (Edmundson could fill this role)
Where is a more skilled agitator who doesn't only play 4th line minutes?

No one fears facing Blues centers. No forwards are concerned about being mauled by Blues defenseman. I can't think of a single player on the Blues other teams "hate" playing against. These are three areas which need correcting if the Blues are serious about advancing in the playoffs. There are two skilled players opponents don't want to face (Fabbri and Tarasenko) and if one is missing the Blues become very easy to defend.

As to the "hate" thing, yeah, Ryan Reaves can be a pest, but he isn't someone other teams are going out of their way to deal with since he's only a 4th line player.

Yep, exactly.

_________________
Image
2016-2017 LGB sponsor of your boy, goaltender Jake Allen and a center for Vladi Tarasenko.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:48 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 5490
Location: Phi Alpha
theohall wrote:
Kerfuffle wrote:
I can't root for Nashville - I hate their policy of excluding visiting fans. Same with Tampa Bay.

Never had a problem as a Blues fan getting into Lightning games. And there always seems to be a healthy contingent of Blues fans at those games. At a drinking establishment after one of those, one of the locals kind of complained about all the out of town fans at Lightning games, but then stopped complaining when I pointed out those out of town fans going to games in Tampa help pay for the Lightning.


And IIRC that policy (the Predators') is only for playoff games?

That paragraph you wrote right there theohall is a good part of the reason I think Vegas will be financially stable.

Might get embarrassing from time to time for them at their own home games but that city has more than enough snowbirds to put butts in the seats and concessions being sold on a regular basis. But hey, especially if they're decent right out of the gate, as they are increasingly looking like they're going to be, the fans will come. Some anyway.

Miami, Florida on the other hand...

_________________
Official 2016-2017 LGB Sponsor of Scottie Upshall
Official 2015-2016 LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:49 pm
Posts: 5672
Location: Jacksonville, FL
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Might get embarrassing from time to time for them at their own home games but that city has more than enough snowbirds to put butts in the seats and concessions being sold on a regular basis. But hey, especially if they're decent right out of the gate, as they are increasingly looking like they're going to be, the fans will come. Some anyway.

Miami, Florida on the other hand...


Been to a couple of Panthers games. Seats on the glass - $99 and they are always available. Whichever fans are at games, visitors always seem to outnumber Panthers fans. The staff (ushers, concessions, etc) are very nice.

Vegas will be fine except during those few days when the NFL might conflict once that gets going. Doubt Vegas has the fan issues which plague the Panthers. IMO, the Panthers issues start with the moron running the club and not listening to Dale Tallon over the "metrics" guys who tore down a winning team.

_________________
Official LGB sponsor of Robby Fabbri 2016-2017 Season
Official LGB sponsor of Colton Parayko 2015-2016 Season
Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:00 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:02 am
Posts: 9537
Location: Long Island, NY
The only reason Vegas has a shot at viability is that the casinos will buy up loads of tickets and give them to the high rollers and the time share scumbags will give them away in exchange for listening to their all day pitches.

Though Henderson is a lovely neighborhood--been through there a couple of times and actually contemplated for a short time moving there. I don't think the locals will be that interested for that long.

_________________
LGB sponsor of Carter Hutton 2016-2017


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 46 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group