It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:30 am

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:04 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

glen a richter wrote:
theohall wrote:
Blues dominated last 30 minutes of that game.

At one point in the 3rd, Gunnarson was out with Pietrangelo and Panger was commenting how Yeo was going to back to the sturdier defensive pairings. Next faceoff, it was Dunn with Pietrangelo. Looks like this whole "protect the lead with defense" thing is gone, FINALLY!!!

So kudos to Yeo for bringing that to the Blues!!!

I've been pleasantly surprised by the brand of hockey Yeo brought to this team. Whether it's because of him or because of his assistants, I don't care. This team comes ready to play and they're fun to watch.

:plusplus: :goblues:

Could say the same about the Devils. I watched their last 2 games prior to this one to see what was going on. They are just as fun to watch. Says quite a bit about the Blues ability as a team to adjust defensively to whatever style an opponent is throwing at them while still generating offense. IMO, this has quite a bit to do with how they were coached before in terms of being responsible positionally on defense. What has changed is the freedom to act offensively, even if it might lead to a chance against if that offensive chance doesn't work out. This aspect, taking risks, is what was missing from the Blues... I think.

I do know Berube tried to implement something like this with the Flyers, but they didn't have the same talent level as the Blues in his limited stints as the Flyers HC.

It might also have had to do with the way rules were enforced, which I will keep bringing up. Want to know why the Rangers are struggling? There defense isn't good, positionally. Hasn't been for awhile. Same thing for the Canadiens. Some morons are blaming the Canadien's woes on Price, when it's the guys in front of him not making simple plays. Edmonton's woes - look to their defense. Outside of Larsson, none of them are good "positional" defenseman. This theme will likely carry on throughout this season and you won't hear about it until the mediots finally catch on to what's going on. Not being able to use the stick above the waist to defend is significantly impacting those teams who don't have strong positional defenseman.

Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion