It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:42 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

A buddy of mine is coming in town next week, and wants to take the fam to a Blues game. He was asking me if it was better, generally (if that can even be answered) to sit in the upper or lower bowl for a family with a 3 year old. I don't have a kid and haven't been to a game in a few years, so I lack the perspective. Any thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:10 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

If steps aren't an issue, it doesn't matter that much. Just do not get nose bleed upper bowl seats. Nightmare for dealing with kids with all the steps.

Lower upper bowl seats - no big deal - due to not having to get a 3-year old up a bunch of steps.

Lower bowl seats - same deal only reversed - want to be in the higher seats in the lower bowl so as to not have to worry about a 3-year old going up and down steps.

That's my take.

Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 am 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Lots of considerations.

For me, the first is finances. Does your friend have the money to spend on lower-bowl tickets for the whole family? They are significantly more expensive. I can deal with steps if it means savings a few hundred dollars.

After that, if you are in the upper bowl, I would try and sit as close to center ice as possible. It gives you the best view of the entire ice. If sitting in the lower bowl it's not as important, as your view will be more limited to what's right in front of you no matter which side of the ice you sit on.

Also, with kids, I would try to sit as close to the end of an aisle as possible, as you will probably have to take the kid to the bathroom/go get food at the worst possible times.

And like theohall said, the lower part of the upper bowl is better than the highest nosebleeds. But even if you end up in the nosebleeds, it will be a good time. "Bad" seats at a Blues game is still a better way to spend an evening than a lot of other things you could do.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:02 am 
Hockey God
Hockey God

A 3 year old doesn't care where they sit so the objective should always be safety 1st and easy in/out access 2nd. I would never sit my kids in a section where there's a high risk of pucks in crowd... I go back to the incident at Yankee Stadium a couple months back when the grandparents were there in the hot zone with their young granddaughter and she got completely wrecked by a foul ball. A puck isn't necessarily moving as fast or as directly as a foul ball but anytime a 3 year old gets hit by a projectile, it's not fun for anyone.

As also said, access to the aisle for the bathroom is key. I don't know if this child is using the toilet or not but if they are you really don't want to ask a 3 y.o. to hold it in while you wait for a stoppage or to get past a dozen people on the way to the aisle. When a kid's gotta go, a kid's gotta go.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:24 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Thanks all. Not having a kid, I wouldn't have thought about steps or bathroom access. I passed on the info, suggesting either lower upper bowl or upper lower bowl, and end of a row/on an aisle.

As for his finances... I dunno, I figure he'll find something to fit his budget.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:11 am 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

I thought you'd have the decency to offer him those front row seats you seem to have access to. :mrgreen:

:blues:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:52 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

StL Dan wrote:
I thought you'd have the decency to offer him those front row seats you seem to have access to. :mrgreen:

That was back when the Blues sucked, and my Dad's company couldn't give the tickets away (except to me). Since they've been good, its been KMOX for me. :grin:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:35 pm 
3rd Line Grinder
3rd Line Grinder

JCShutout wrote:
StL Dan wrote:

That was back when the Blues sucked, and my Dad's company couldn't give the tickets away (except to me). Since they've been good, its been KMOX for me. :grin:

:letsgoblues:

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion