It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:38 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

As a fan this is bullcrap. I get all juiced for a week of madness and transactions and trades only to find out the NHL has basically imposed a gag order on their GM's preventing any notice of trades until Vegas announces their roster on June 21.

bullcrap!!

As a GM I get it because if there's news on trades it starts to get into game theory really quick about wanting to be the last guy to make a trade so you have as much information as possible to process and guess what Vegas is thinking.

Doesn't mean I have to be happy about it.

TSN wrote:
The NHL is doing their very best to keep the Vegas Golden Knights roster under wraps until the reveal during the NHL Awards on June 21.

NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly had a conference call with all 31 general managers on Tuesday to clear up any last minute confusion that may exist.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Pierre LeBrun, the general managers were told during that call not leak any trades they make involving the Golden Knights or expansion draft.

and part of the message from the NHL to GMs was to make sure NOT to leak any trades made with Vegas to media ahead of big June 21 reveal...
— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) June 14, 2017

TSN Hockey Insider Bob McKenzie reported Tuesday the Anaheim Ducks have a deal in place with the Golden Knights that allowed them to not have to ask Kevin Bieska to waive his no-move clause, but had no further details.

The Columbus Blue Jackets are also rumoured to have a deal in place with the Golden Knights after not asking Scott Hartnell to waive his no-movement clause. The Chicago Blackhawks were also reported to be working on a deal to give the Golden Knights Trevor van Riemsdyk and Marcus Kruger.

Clicky!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:51 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

Just because we won't know about it, does not mean the GMs won't know about it. That game theory stuff could still apply, just all in private, instead of in public view.

Official LGB Sponsor Dmitrij Jaskin 2014-2015 Season

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:09 am 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

Yeah, it kind of sucks we won't hear about the trades as they happen, but I think we'll still hear some rumors- it will be impossible to completely lock down all media talk.

And it will be kind of exciting to have a full reveal of the new Vegas team all at once, and only then find out what dead weight is gone from the Blues and other teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:39 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

Word on the street is that Vegas has secured, via trade, at least 3 1st round picks in total. I hope like hell one of those is us giving them the 27th in exchange for them taking Lehtera off our hands.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:00 am 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

glen a richter wrote:
Word on the street is that Vegas has secured, via trade, at least 3 1st round picks in total. I hope like hell one of those is us giving them the 27th in exchange for them taking Lehtera off our hands.

I heard that too about LV having 3 1st round picks already. Lehtera only has 1 year left on his contract though. So unless dumping him is the difference in us winning a Cup this year, I'd rather have the pick. Of course, if it lets us make another move that helps us longterm, that would change things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 8:50 am 
Hockey God
Hockey God

glen a richter wrote:

I would riot if we gave up a first round to save 2 years of cap space when Stastny is coming off the books at the end of this year. RIOT.

Rumored Trades

Blue Jackets:
As I posted in another thread it sounds like Blue Jackets have worked out a deal where Vegas gets only three players to pick from (Calvert, Karlsson and the last name escapes me) in exchange for a first rounder, a prospect and potentially taking on the Clarkson contract.

Ducks:
are rumored to be the other team in some kind of a deal (maybe a three way involving Vatanen) to protect Manson, who they've made clear will not be exposed under any circumstance.

Islanders:
Similar to Jackets: TSN is reporting that they've sent Vegas a first rounder in exchange for "thou shalt only select from the following forwards" type of list. Which makes sense when you look at their protection of 5 defensemen.

Blackhawks
Word on the street is that the Blackhawks have accepted the reality that Trevor VanRiemsdyk is going to get selected by Vegas but they also apparently have a deal in place with Vegas to assure the Blackhawks that Kruger would be dealt to Vegas as well.

Last edited by WaukeeBlues on Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:41 am 
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame

I don't really understand these "we'll give you a 1st round pick to not take our 9th best player" type deals. Take the Islanders, for example. Seems that Brock Nelson, Ryan Strome, and Calvin de Haan are the 3 unprotected players that the Islanders want to protect. I don't follow them closely, so if there's something I'm missing from them, please fill me in. But, here are there numbers:

Nelson: 81GP, 20G, 25A, -6
Strome: 69GP, 13G, 17A, -8
deHaan: 82GP, 5G, 20A, +15

Decent role players, but which one is worth a 1st round pick in a trade? They're essentially trading a 1st round pick plus a lower unprotected player in exchanged for 1 of those 3. I don't get the value here.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 am 
Hockey God
Hockey God

cardsfan04 wrote:
I don't really understand these "we'll give you a 1st round pick to not take our 9th best player" type deals. Take the Islanders, for example. Seems that Brock Nelson, Ryan Strome, and Calvin de Haan are the 3 unprotected players that the Islanders want to protect. I don't follow them closely, so if there's something I'm missing from them, please fill me in. But, here are there numbers:

Decent role players, but which one is worth a 1st round pick in a trade? They're essentially trading a 1st round pick plus a lower unprotected player in exchanged for 1 of those 3. I don't get the value here.

They were talking about that exact situation this morning on NHL Network radio. Statistically, weak draft or no, you're "probably" getting a regular NHL player in the first round. You're forfeiting that to the Golden Knights for...? A stack of third line players you're not sure on?

Personally I'm with you. In today's NHL those first round picks are immensely valuable and you only trade those when you REALLY think you got a shot to bring home a cup or solve an extremely pressing problem.

Only thing I can figure is Tavares re-signing. They have to make progress next year and show J.T. they're moving in the right direction or he might take a look at what king's ransom he can get on the free market. Even then though use the first rounder to get a quality player, not to protect the mediocrity that didn't carry you to at least the playoffs last season. idonno.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:30 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

WaukeeBlues wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

They were talking about that exact situation this morning on NHL Network radio. Statistically, weak draft or no, you're "probably" getting a regular NHL player in the first round. You're forfeiting that to the Golden Knights for...? A stack of third line players you're not sure on?

Personally I'm with you. In today's NHL those first round picks are immensely valuable and you only trade those when you REALLY think you got a shot to bring home a cup or solve an extremely pressing problem.

Only thing I can figure is Tavares re-signing. They have to make progress next year and show J.T. they're moving in the right direction or he might take a look at what king's ransom he can get on the free market. Even then though use the first rounder to get a quality player, not to protect the mediocrity that didn't carry you to at least the playoffs last season. idonno.

Hello
I would like to listen to the show on the NHL network radio. is there a recording available anywhere online?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:30 pm 
Hockey God
Hockey God

eric564 wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
cardsfan04 wrote:

Hello
I would like to listen to the show on the NHL network radio. is there a recording available anywhere online?

I get mine through a Sirius XM radio subscription through my car radio. You'd have to have a car capable of having Sirius XM or get one of their radios for your home use. They have promotions running all the time. I frankly love Sirius. Regular radio sucks.

As for recordings or live streams I have no idea. I can only suggest you Google it and hopefully you can find something.

Board index » Let's Go Blues » St. Louis Blues Discussion