It is currently Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:21 am

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:39 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:18 pm
Posts: 2072
Location: Florissant, MO
I don't know how anyone couldn't have heard about this, but it is a sad story... He was apparently shot during a burglary or something of the sort and passed away during the night.

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:17 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:29 am
Posts: 6788
Location: Selling Air Bombays--for kids who want to coach
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:25 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 27093
Location: Section 301
dmiles2186 wrote:
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.


My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.

_________________
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:38 am 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2262
Location: Kirkwood, MO
OS wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.


My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.



++ Circling the drain.

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:55 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 3:08 pm
Posts: 9716
Location: Billings, MT
Pretty messed up.

What's the deal with all these football players getting shot lately?

_________________
Image
2014-2015 Official LGB Sponsor of T.J. Oshie
2013-2014 Official LGB Sponsor of Kevin Shattenkirk
2012-2013 Official LGB Sponsor of Ryan Reaves
2011-2012 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko
2010-2011 Official LGB Sponsor of Vladimir Tarasenko


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:10 am
Posts: 2262
Location: Kirkwood, MO
ViPeRx007 wrote:
Pretty messed up.

What's the deal with all these football players getting shot lately?



O.J. is still on the loose.

_________________
Image

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:48 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 3:00 pm
Posts: 3322
Location: sec 316
You notice this didn't happen till OJ made bail. I'll bet there is a Bruno Mali (sp?) shoe print there. And I bet Mark Furman put it there!!!!

_________________
Unofficial sponsor of Sarah Palin for PILF '12


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:48 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 27093
Location: Section 301
My money is on Pacman Jones.

_________________
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:56 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17154
a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:43 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Posts: 11652
Location: Columbia, MO
Does it seem wrong that OJ Simpson was at the funeral services? :shock:

_________________
Play poker, win stuff!

Play more poker, win more stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:13 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4991
Location: Phi Alpha
goon attack wrote:
a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.


:lol:

That's terrible, but I can't disagree. A sports announcer for ESPN last night was saying something to the effect that he wasn't surprised, thought there was more too it than some honorable "I was defending my home and got shot by a perpetrator" thing and basically said it was tragic but not at all surprising and for THAT reason, you gotta evaluate his character and realize this was not a straight tragedy and I gotta agree.

I hate how everyone makes it out to be like this is the greatest personal loss of the century. I agree that it is potential lost and that this event is nothing that is wished on anyone, but what you said is true- he lived in a pro sports culture that is dominated by events of this kind (albeit not magnitude) and the players need to stop pushing it.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:21 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17154
It's a shame that he leaves a 1 year old behind fatherless. It's always after somebody gets killed that everybody starts talking about how they had "cleaned up they act" and "aint runnin wit dat crowd no more"

I call bs. I'm not happy this man was killed but considering the way he had lived, I'm not sure if he deserves the benefit of the doubt as "innocent victim"

perhaps I'm wrong but that is the way I see it.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:24 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4991
Location: Phi Alpha
goon attack wrote:
It's a shame that he leaves a 1 year old behind fatherless. It's always after somebody gets killed that everybody starts talking about how they had "cleaned up they act" and "aint runnin wit dat crowd no more"

I call bs. I'm not happy this man was killed but considering the way he had lived, I'm not sure if he deserves the benefit of the doubt as "innocent victim"

perhaps I'm wrong but that is the way I see it.


Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:56 am 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Posts: 11652
Location: Columbia, MO
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.


Pretty sure a good percentage of Nazi Germany rationalized their feelings in the same manner.

_________________
Play poker, win stuff!

Play more poker, win more stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:02 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17154
the knob wrote:
WaukeeBlues wrote:
Like I said, I don't think I can disagree, and if we're wrong, we're in good company cause we sure as hell aren't alone.


Pretty sure a good percentage of Nazi Germany rationalized their feelings in the same manner.


:lol:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 11:47 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17154
OS wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.


My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.


my wife has told me similar stories from the MICU.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:24 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Posts: 11652
Location: Columbia, MO
goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.


My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.


my wife has told me similar stories from the MICU.


My wife (who has worked at several types of ICU) says the same thing about patients before she pushes an overdose in their line. :shock:

_________________
Play poker, win stuff!

Play more poker, win more stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:52 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
the knob wrote:
goon attack wrote:
OS wrote:
dmiles2186 wrote:
It was weird...I went to bed last night and the last news i heard was that he had slipped out of the coma and was responsive. I wake up and the first thing I see is that he has died.


My wife (who's a nurse) has always said that people on their deathbed almost always get better for a short time right before they pass away.


my wife has told me similar stories from the MICU.


My wife (who has worked at several types of ICU) says the same thing about patients before she pushes an overdose in their line. :shock:

I was eating a granola bar while reading this post, and I almost lost said granola bar :lol:

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:53 pm 
Offline
All-Star
All-Star

Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:14 pm
Posts: 1639
WaukeeBlues wrote:
goon attack wrote:
a thug loser killed by other thug losers. too bad. I'm sure society is worse off now.


:lol:

That's terrible, but I can't disagree. A sports announcer for ESPN last night was saying something to the effect that he wasn't surprised, thought there was more too it than some honorable "I was defending my home and got shot by a perpetrator" thing and basically said it was tragic but not at all surprising and for THAT reason, you gotta evaluate his character and realize this was not a straight tragedy and I gotta agree.

I hate how everyone makes it out to be like this is the greatest personal loss of the century. I agree that it is potential lost and that this event is nothing that is wished on anyone, but what you said is true- he lived in a pro sports culture that is dominated by events of this kind (albeit not magnitude) and the players need to stop pushing it.


So now that it's been proven that the shooting was just a burglary that had nothing to do with any of his past transgressions, are you two willing to retract your statements? Calling the guy a thug loser is low, especially since the guy just died.

_________________
I am the way...prepare for, Salvation!
- Fear Factory[Smasher/Devourer]


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:55 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17154
Chudman82 wrote:
So now that it's been proven that the shooting was just a burglary that had nothing to do with any of his past transgressions, are you two willing to retract your statements? Calling the guy a thug loser is low, especially since the guy just died.


What statements do you want me to retract exactly? You mean my speculation that his lifestyle had something to do with it?

The perps allegedly heard about Taylor's wealth through a person who knew Taylor, undoubtedly another scumbag criminal. That was the whole point in the first place. He had connections with losers from his thug past and that indirectly lead to his killing. That's the whole point we're making here.

Did he in the present do something that directly lead to his death? Well, by hanging out with losers and flaunting his wealth like all these professional jackasses do, that argument might have some merit. I don't think these guys would have broken into his house cold, with no information about what might be inside. The mutual friend of Taylor and the perps probably got the grand tour with Taylor showing off all kinds of "bling" and other crapola, the scumbag friend blabbed about it, and these four idiots decided to cash in.

So by association you could say Sean Taylor screwed up.

So will I retract my opinion? No.

I'm not glad the guy died, if that's what's upsetting you.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group