It is currently Tue May 26, 2015 10:07 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:05 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17129
sign in here if you also find that blowhard unfunny, talentless, and all aroudn annoying as all hell!!!!!!!!!

Ramsey is fine by himself but pair him with Gould and they are both HORRIBLE!!!!

DO NOT SIGN HIM LEERRY!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:21 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Yellow
LGB Booster - Yellow
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 12:28 pm
Posts: 11652
Location: Columbia, MO
I could get on board this jihad if we were griping about Rich Little and his Pizza Hut commercials.

_________________
Play poker, win stuff!

Play more poker, win more stuff


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:54 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Posts: 14777
Location: Windermere, FL
Those 2 used to be entertaining together back when they hosted a midday show on KFNS...that was probably 7-8 years ago. I don't know what the hell's happened since then, though.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17129
Blueline29 wrote:
Those 2 used to be entertaining together back when they hosted a midday show on KFNS...that was probably 7-8 years ago. I don't know what the hell's happened since then, though.


With all due respect, that's when I formed my ill opinion of him. Those clowns seemed to really like being condescending toward callers that were not guzzlin' the Cardinal Kool-Aid, UNLESS they were very gentle and well-spoken about it....in other words, If somebody would call up and not kiss their asses, as if they were some sort of celebrity sports royalty, they'd condescend and basically make fun of that person and eventually hang up on them.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way and I can't look at Gould in a good light ever since.

[satire]I'm sure he's a great guy and all :roll: but he'd have to pay me like 5 thousand dollars for me to like him again, and that would only be for 3 months or so. Then I'd go back to HATING him again like the Jews hated Hitler.[/satire]

btw, I'll be using the [satire] tag from now on so the tards aren't offended and upset.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:11 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:25 am
Posts: 27093
Location: Section 301
As bad as Gould is, I'd listen to him for 24 hours straight befoer I'd listen to either of the Randolph's for 5 minutes. (Frank), I can't stand either of those guys.

_________________
Image
The Original Sponsor of T.J. Oshie


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 12:06 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
I was on a flight with Gould once. It was 7-8 years ago back when he had that show on KFNS as mentioned earlier. I think he is great. Definitely one of the longest working STL TV sports guys. That Rich Gould is a good dude (as he would say...heh).

I haven't seen a whole lot of the Fan Shows, but these seem to be way better than the other Sunday sports formats.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:19 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17129
deadphish wrote:
I was on a flight with Gould once. It was 7-8 years ago back when he had that show on KFNS as mentioned earlier. I think he is great. Definitely one of the longest working STL TV sports guys. That Rich Gould is a good dude (as he would say...heh).

I haven't seen a whole lot of the Fan Shows, but these seem to be way better than the other Sunday sports formats.


Did you interact with him? Was he a jerk?

I'd like to get over my bias of him. Tell me something good.

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:52 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Posts: 3013
Location: the shoe
OS wrote:
As bad as Gould is, I'd listen to him for 24 hours straight befoer I'd listen to either of the Randolph's for 5 minutes. (Frank), I can't stand either of those guys.


Yes, yes, yes. They are insufferable. Sr lauds everyone as a great guy and glorifies the past...Jr is very busy trying to pretend he is cool and edgy. He would be nowhere without Daddy getting him into the St Louis media.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 5:54 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Posts: 14777
Location: Windermere, FL
tsblue wrote:
OS wrote:
As bad as Gould is, I'd listen to him for 24 hours straight befoer I'd listen to either of the Randolph's for 5 minutes. (Frank), I can't stand either of those guys.


Yes, yes, yes. They are insufferable. Sr lauds everyone as a great guy and glorifies the past...Jr is very busy trying to pretend he is cool and edgy. He would be nowhere without Daddy getting him into the St Louis media.


Is Jr. back in the area? Last I heard, he was working for the Golf Channel or something like that.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:04 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Posts: 3013
Location: the shoe
Blueline29 wrote:
tsblue wrote:
OS wrote:
As bad as Gould is, I'd listen to him for 24 hours straight befoer I'd listen to either of the Randolph's for 5 minutes. (Frank), I can't stand either of those guys.


Yes, yes, yes. They are insufferable. Sr lauds everyone as a great guy and glorifies the past...Jr is very busy trying to pretend he is cool and edgy. He would be nowhere without Daddy getting him into the St Louis media.


Is Jr. back in the area? Last I heard, he was working for the Golf Channel or something like that.


He has surfaced on one of the talk shows, not sure for how long, hell, these channels are changing affiliation so often I can't keep them all straight.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:10 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
goon attack wrote:
deadphish wrote:
I was on a flight with Gould once. It was 7-8 years ago back when he had that show on KFNS as mentioned earlier. I think he is great. Definitely one of the longest working STL TV sports guys. That Rich Gould is a good dude (as he would say...heh).

I haven't seen a whole lot of the Fan Shows, but these seem to be way better than the other Sunday sports formats.


Did you interact with him? Was he a jerk?

I'd like to get over my bias of him. Tell me something good.
No he was in first class with Savard. Woulda said hi, but I was in coach of course.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 7:59 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Posts: 14777
Location: Windermere, FL
goon attack wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:
Those 2 used to be entertaining together back when they hosted a midday show on KFNS...that was probably 7-8 years ago. I don't know what the hell's happened since then, though.


With all due respect, that's when I formed my ill opinion of him. Those clowns seemed to really like being condescending toward callers that were not guzzlin' the Cardinal Kool-Aid, UNLESS they were very gentle and well-spoken about it....in other words, If somebody would call up and not kiss their asses, as if they were some sort of celebrity sports royalty, they'd condescend and basically make fun of that person and eventually hang up on them.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way and I can't look at Gould in a good light ever since.

[satire]I'm sure he's a great guy and all :roll: but he'd have to pay me like 5 thousand dollars for me to like him again, and that would only be for 3 months or so. Then I'd go back to HATING him again like the Jews hated Hitler.[/satire]

btw, I'll be using the [satire] tag from now on so the tards aren't offended and upset.


Wow, I honestly don't remember any of that, though I do hate that kind of thing. I don't want to be made to feel uncomfortable on someone else's behalf just by listening to the radio. The times I thought they were funniest together was just when they were talking amongst themselves. I especially remember one rant one of them went off on, talking about how there were too many "picnic sports" in the summer Olympics; it was hilarious.

Bottom line: I haven't listened to St. Louis sports talk radio in over a year, which was when I bought my first XM receiver. It's a delight to listen to people talk who actually have more than a working knowledge of and give a frank about the sports they're discussing and aren't all about acting like pubescent boys discussing the contents of a pilfered girlie mag. :shock: McKernan, that's a direct reference to you.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 8:30 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17129
Blueline29 wrote:
goon attack wrote:
Blueline29 wrote:
Those 2 used to be entertaining together back when they hosted a midday show on KFNS...that was probably 7-8 years ago. I don't know what the hell's happened since then, though.


With all due respect, that's when I formed my ill opinion of him. Those clowns seemed to really like being condescending toward callers that were not guzzlin' the Cardinal Kool-Aid, UNLESS they were very gentle and well-spoken about it....in other words, If somebody would call up and not kiss their asses, as if they were some sort of celebrity sports royalty, they'd condescend and basically make fun of that person and eventually hang up on them.

It just really rubbed me the wrong way and I can't look at Gould in a good light ever since.

[satire]I'm sure he's a great guy and all :roll: but he'd have to pay me like 5 thousand dollars for me to like him again, and that would only be for 3 months or so. Then I'd go back to HATING him again like the Jews hated Hitler.[/satire]

btw, I'll be using the [satire] tag from now on so the tards aren't offended and upset.


Wow, I honestly don't remember any of that, though I do hate that kind of thing. I don't want to be made to feel uncomfortable on someone else's behalf just by listening to the radio. The times I thought they were funniest together was just when they were talking amongst themselves. I especially remember one rant one of them went off on, talking about how there were too many "picnic sports" in the summer Olympics; it was hilarious.

Bottom line: I haven't listened to St. Louis sports talk radio in over a year, which was when I bought my first XM receiver. It's a delight to listen to people talk who actually have more than a working knowledge of and give a frank about the sports they're discussing and aren't all about acting like pubescent boys discussing the contents of a pilfered girlie mag. :shock: McKernan, that's a direct reference to you.


that is sort of like my [satire]HATRED[/satire] of those two. They'd go off on some thing THEY thought was real funny, with all these inane, obscure inside jokes and it just wasn't funny to me.

[satire]But then again, they are probably homosexual liberals so who really gives a fukk what those retards think?[/satire]

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:28 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:56 am
Posts: 5489
Location: Valmeyer, Illinois
When they started "The Morning Grind", (i.e. - Junior High Hour), that pretty much ended my sports talk listening. St. Louis sports talk radio was already bad enough with Slaten and Cusamanno.
I will occasionally tune in 1380 for Miklasz's show in the afternoon, but that's about it.
90% of the local sports talk radio is, imo, a waste of time. You can find a lot more information, minus the bs, and endless commercials, on the internet(s).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:36 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:55 am
Posts: 3013
Location: the shoe
barnburner wrote:
When they started "The Morning Grind", (i.e. - Junior High Hour), that pretty much ended my sports talk listening. St. Louis sports talk radio was already bad enough with Slaten and Cusamanno.
I will occasionally tune in 1380 for Miklasz's show in the afternoon, but that's about it.
90% of the local sports talk radio is, imo, a waste of time. You can find a lot more information, minus the bs, and endless commercials, on the internet(s).


QFA+++. I do listen to Bernie and Karraker on a fairly regular basis.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:07 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:42 am
Posts: 3468
Location: Provo, Spain
Randy Karraker is a robot programmed not to understand hockey.

_________________
Official LGB Sponsor TJ Oshie
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 12:07 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:48 pm
Posts: 13353
Location: 55 n Inbev
I've never listened to any sports talk radio and can't imagine I ever will.

_________________
Image

"Hey MEG, I'm a Playoff Challenge Champion and you aren't. If you're so GD smart, why the hell haven't you won one?" -WestCoastSpedFan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:53 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 8:13 am
Posts: 14777
Location: Windermere, FL
Mellanby_equals_grit wrote:
I've never listened to any sports talk radio and can't imagine I ever will.


Even XM? Seriously, NHL Home Ice is just about the greatest thing ever. Even during the summer, they still talk about hockey every single day, which blows me away. I love it. :)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:26 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 7:52 pm
Posts: 4979
Location: SLS's dome
Who is the bozo on KMOX after Blues games? Good lord, the guy knows absolutely nothing about hockey. And he just rambles on and on forever. Take some calls, you jerk, and shut up while you're at it. I was excited when the Blues announced that KMOX would, once again, be the radio home of the Blues, but their coverage is atrocious. I honestly wish they were still on KTRS. At least they had a 30 minute pre-game show, and decent post-game coverage. Even if we had to endure listening to cheeseburger face, Hadley.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:57 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:42 pm
Posts: 10347
STL JA wrote:
Who is the bozo on KMOX after Blues games? Good lord, the guy knows absolutely nothing about hockey. And he just rambles on and on forever. Take some calls, you jerk, and shut up while you're at it. I was excited when the Blues announced that KMOX would, once again, be the radio home of the Blues, but their coverage is atrocious. I honestly wish they were still on KTRS. At least they had a 30 minute pre-game show, and decent post-game coverage. Even if we had to endure listening to cheeseburger face, Hadley.

Brian Feldman is the KMOX dood I've heard on after games. He's good at doing a lot of talking and not saying much of substance. But, he's young I suppose so we can cut him some slack here... and you're right, sounds like a non-hockey guy.

Never thought I'd be wanting John Hadley back :lol:

_________________
Official LGB.com Sponsor of Gymrat Ken Hitchcock


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group