It is currently Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:53 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:05 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
I guess I hit a speed bump or something, but I didn't hear it until I started my car up the next day....about three feet of exhaust pipe is missing out of the center of my exhaust system (at about the middle, under the driver seat).

Anybody here have any luck/ideas with fixing something like this yourself? I know a repair shop is going to tell me I need to replace the whole thing, manifold, muffler, and all.

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:13 pm 
Offline
LGB Booster - Blue
LGB Booster - Blue
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 11:34 am
Posts: 10397
Location: Do you compute?
Duct tape.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:35 pm 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17144
got a blowtorch?

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:57 pm 
Online
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2003 12:38 pm
Posts: 3324
Location: Portland Orygun
Put one of those giant fart can tips on the end (at the back of the car) and everyone will think it's supposed to sound like that. Maybe go ahead and put a wing on the trunk lid too.

:lol:


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:13 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
Man, I know I just need to shell out the $$$, but I was still hoping for less snark than [BANNED URL]

:lol:

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:24 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17144
Allblues555 wrote:
Man, I know I just need to shell out the $$$, but I was still hoping for less snark than [BANNED URL]

:lol:


Do you have a blowtorch?

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:01 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:52 am
Posts: 2962
You sure you "lost" it? What you're describing sounds like where the catalytic converter is located. Those things are a hot commidity right now and have become one of the most stolen items out there.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:27 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
You sure you "lost" it? What you're describing sounds like where the catalytic converter is located. Those things are a hot commidity right now and have become one of the most stolen items out there.



ha ha ha ha ha

I just came here to say that. I came back from the Muffler shop and that's exactly what I lost.

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17144
So, you pussed out and decided to get raped by a muffler shop?

Good job. ALL YOU HAD TO DO WAS GET A BLOWTORCH

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:44 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 6:52 am
Posts: 2962
Allblues555 wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
You sure you "lost" it? What you're describing sounds like where the catalytic converter is located. Those things are a hot commidity right now and have become one of the most stolen items out there.



ha ha ha ha ha

I just came here to say that. I came back from the Muffler shop and that's exactly what I lost.


That sucks but that's the first thing I thought of when you posted this. It's a big problem around here (I know, not surprising) but it recently became the number one stolen item in Southeast Michigan.

Another thing that is really getting bad is copper wiring. People are breaking into houses and stealing all of the electrical wiring, stealilng Central Air units, anything that has copper in it. Then they take it to the salvage yard and make big dollars.

You should be able to file a police report and have your insurance pay to replace it.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:35 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4960
Location: Phi Alpha
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
Allblues555 wrote:
Steve Levy Sucks wrote:
You sure you "lost" it? What you're describing sounds like where the catalytic converter is located. Those things are a hot commidity right now and have become one of the most stolen items out there.



ha ha ha ha ha

I just came here to say that. I came back from the Muffler shop and that's exactly what I lost.


That sucks but that's the first thing I thought of when you posted this. It's a big problem around here (I know, not surprising) but it recently became the number one stolen item in Southeast Michigan.

Another thing that is really getting bad is copper wiring. People are breaking into houses and stealing all of the electrical wiring, stealilng Central Air units, anything that has copper in it. Then they take it to the salvage yard and make big dollars.

You should be able to file a police report and have your insurance pay to replace it.


:plusplus:

I didn't get my catalytic converter stolen but I had to get a new one and what was originally a simple job turned into the muffler guy cracking my flex pipe, lying to me about it and trying to fix it himself, taking forever to do so, me getting pissed and ultimately getting almost a whole new exhaust system for free :grin:

Someone should invent a catalytic converter lock-grip or something that is cheap :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:36 am 
Offline
Hall Of Fame
Hall Of Fame
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:00 pm
Posts: 4960
Location: Phi Alpha
double :oops:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:09 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
Sorry Goon, but no, I didn't have a blowtorch, and this is probably the busiest week of my life, I'm working 3 jobs through Friday to try to get a little money together while I go back to teaching for shit money.

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:41 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 21, 2003 2:18 pm
Posts: 17144
Allblues555 wrote:
Sorry Goon, but no, I didn't have a blowtorch, and this is probably the busiest week of my life, I'm working 3 jobs through Friday to try to get a little money together while I go back to teaching for shit money.


Do what I did and quit. Fukk it man. :grin:

_________________
Official '14-'15 sponsor of the $17.8+ trillion U.S. national debt.
Past Sponsorships: '13-'14 another season of bitter disappointment; '13: communism; 11-'12: Vlad Sobotka and fake, drunken lesbianism; 10-'11: Ryan Reaves, Bo Derek's cans, Willow Palin, and the new Lightning logo; 09-'10: the epic destruction of the Politics Forum; 08-'09: Sandy Miller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:59 am 
Offline
Hockey God
Hockey God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2003 9:21 am
Posts: 6234
Location: Portland, OR!
Nah, I ain't quitting. I'm just going to do the old "you get what you pay for trick."

At 10% of a full time professor's salary, and 80% of a full time professor's responsibility, well, do the math, I'm just not going to pour all my time into my students. A lot of people have called me an asshole for saying this, but it's sink or swim, and I don't have a choice.

_________________
_____ _ _


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group