It is currently Mon May 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2008/2009 EPL Season
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:55 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

The season kicks off tomorrow. Any predictions? As a Liverpool fan, I'm pumped to see how Torres, Keane, and Gerrard mesh.

Post subject: Re: 2008/2009 EPL Season
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:21 am 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Go Aston Villa! I think Villa should be an even more exciting team to watch in the standings than they were last year, as they really didn't lose anyone, save Sorenson, and Young and Agbonlahor are only going to get better. However, I think Chelsea will win the EPL. Anything is better than Man. U. winning it again though, I suppose.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

SPL is already underway. As a Celtic fan, naturally I care more about SPL, but as far as EPL goes, I'd say I'm for Chelsea.

*I tend to only post on this site when I'm intoxicated.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:08 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

Torres saves the Reds today. The first half was pretty hard to watch.

I'm looking forward to the ManU vs. Newcastle match tomorrow even though Ronaldo and Owen won't play.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:50 pm 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Villa wins big against Man City 4-2, though it was 4-1 until about the last minute of the game. Great game by the Villians.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:51 pm 
1st Line Sniper
1st Line Sniper

Rohan wrote:
Torres saves the Reds today. The first half was pretty hard to watch.

I'm looking forward to the ManU vs. Newcastle match tomorrow even though Ronaldo and Owen won't play.

Rumor has it that Tottenham is looking to obtain Owen when/if Berbatov leaves for Man U.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 pm 
LGB Booster - White
LGB Booster - White

Fernando Torres is my favorite player, but I like Newcastle United. I go back to the Shearer days with them, and I've just stuck with them.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:02 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Rohan wrote:
The season kicks off tomorrow. Any predictions? As a Liverpool fan, I'm pumped to see how Torres, Keane, and Gerrard mesh.

pretty shitty so far. Although it's WAY to early in to season to be concerned. We're making a move for Riera sometime before Friday so hopefully that will shore up the wing and help feed balls to both Keane and Torres. Right now we're relying on Gerrard and Keane to feed Torres and that just isn't going to work. Benayoun and Kuyt don't cut it on the wing and Babel likes to play forward too much. I think this will be a massive improvement.

The one major difference I've noticed this year as opposed to the previous two campaigns (so far) is that if the Sunderland or Boro game were to happen last year, they probably would have ended in a draw. But this year they're able to pull out the late goal and take the 3 points. That will be key to staying even closer to the top this year.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:16 pm 
2nd Line Scorer
2nd Line Scorer

strocklen083 wrote:
Rohan wrote:

pretty shitty so far. Although it's WAY to early in to season to be concerned. We're making a move for Riera sometime before Friday so hopefully that will shore up the wing and help feed balls to both Keane and Torres. Right now we're relying on Gerrard and Keane to feed Torres and that just isn't going to work. Benayoun and Kuyt don't cut it on the wing and Babel likes to play forward too much. I think this will be a massive improvement.

The one major difference I've noticed this year as opposed to the previous two campaigns (so far) is that if the Sunderland or Boro game were to happen last year, they probably would have ended in a draw. But this year they're able to pull out the late goal and take the 3 points. That will be key to staying even closer to the top this year.

Kuyt saves the day today. Wasn't expecting that.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 7:53 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Rohan wrote:
strocklen083 wrote:
Rohan wrote:

Kuyt saves the day today. Wasn't expecting that.

You ain't kiddin'! Did you see the video of the goal? Fantastic cross by Babel. No reason for it take 119 minutes but I'll take it!

Board index » Other Forums » Everything Else [OT]